July 28, 2014 | 1004 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Express Finish - Luscious Lilac

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by brasscupcakes

This is a general review for Maybelline Express Finish Nail Polish.

I find it really streaky and I don't like the coverage I get from two coats. (The only nail polish I've ever tried that's streakier with less coverage is Clarins).

At least Maybelline's cheap.

I do like quite a lot of the colors and it does dry fairly quickly, but I can use an aerosol spray dryer on any nail polish to speed things up. Plus, I'm really hard on manicures, but the staying power, on me, was nil, chips the next day.

If you're going for a bargain, Wet 'n' Wild polishes are color-dense and wear well. If you can find a shade that isn't all frosty and electric, and use their top-coat, which is excellent -- like liquid glass -- you can end up with a manicure that looks very high-end.

FYI, you goth types (I'm a bit of one myself), Wet 'n' Wild black stays well and truly black.

Unfortunately, most of the colors are so teeny-bopperish they give your hands a cheap look.

I would soooo love to find a truly TAUPE completely un-frosted nail polish in any line at any price. For that matter, I'd like to see a whole range of non-glimmery shades I can't find.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2004 12:45:00 PM More reviews by queenmarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely one of my favorite nail colors. I do my own nails and I do not use expensive nail polish, although I would like to, but--this color is just about my favorite. It says "lilac" but on my nails it looks very natural. Natural, only better. Kind of hard to describe, but I love it. I've had a little trouble finding the color in a few stores so next time I see it I'm going to stock up. I use it about every other manicure. Definitely a holy grail find!!