October 24, 2014 | 985 users online

Eyeliner - Bare Escentuals - Downtown

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by tabulous77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazingly glimmery, highly pigmented, anything but boring brown. It will definitely make your eyes stand out! BE glimmer eyeshadows are fantastic!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I will begin by saying that I am not generally a BE fan. I randomly picked this up along with BE blush in golden gate (which is gorgeous) about 5 yrs ago. I rarely wear downtown mainly because I hate dealing with loose powder. However, the fallout is minimal which is nice. The main point I want to make is that this is the ONLY eyeshadow I get compliments on. I wear a smokey eye every day, but one day I wore downtown paired with a little MAC sketch in the crease with MAC teddy e/l and everyone at my work went insane. they wouldn't stop asking me what I was wearing, if i would do their makeup, etc. It was ridiculous. I was miffed. I completely underestimated this e/s. It is definitely multidimensional with the shimmers. Still, I cannot bring myself to wear this e/s more often mainly because I just rather deal with pressed e/s. I know, it's a lame excuse. But I find that non-makeup addicts really appreciate BE e/s for some reason..I can't put my finger on it. I wouldn't buy this again b/c i don't wear it enough, but recommend it to others because of the impact this shimmery taupe/brown color has.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Dori319

This is a very pigmented shimmery bronze brown. I love to wear this paired with Hottie (Hottie on the inner eyes and Downtown on the outer eyes). I think that this is one of BE's best brown shades. It looks neutral enough to be worn everyday during the day time but still dramatic because it's so sparkly and gorgeous that it draws a lot of attention. I love how this makes mu blue eyes pop. One of my very favorite browns from BE!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2008 7:46:00 PM More reviews by mirjanala

I LOVE this color. It's a shimmery light coppery brown. I wear it all over the lids as shadow with a nice black liner. It's such a beautiful color. It is one of my top 10 must haves! It really gives you that sexy sultry look. Great quality and staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2006 9:51:00 PM More reviews by berned_you

This is a great shade and I use it as a shadow with celestine (brown hair, green eyes, medium skin). It doens't have a lot of lasting power but I'm sure it would help if I used a base. Anyway, good product although it would be nice if they had a better package so I wouldn't lose the whole contents if I happen to drop it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2006 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Clare_3108

This is a beautiful mid-tone gold, and shows up perfectly on my fair skin, I love this and is one I use fairly reguarly, the shimmer shows through even better when worn wet. HTH.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2006 5:49:00 PM More reviews by sjm15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this, but it didn't show up on my lids very well. It was upsetting. I'm very fair skinned and it still didn't show up on me. I bought it for an occasion and ended up not even wearing it for that occasion because it didn't show up right on me. I was hoping for a deep rust color, and got more of a bronze-y color. Oh well, I ended up using it for eye shadow anyway - much prettier and allowed for better definition.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2005 11:09:00 AM More reviews by starrpettz

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a pretty color but too subdued on me. I have a very fair complexion. I was hoping for more from this color.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2005 12:48:00 AM More reviews by gilbertva

This is a great BE color. I do not use it as a liner, but as a shadow. It is neutral medium taupe with warm tones, and very pretty for a daytime eye. When applied wet, it does not change color as much as the color intensifies, which makes for a nice subtle evening eye. I am a PPP with blue eyes. Retails for about $13.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2004 11:09:00 PM More reviews by NurseKristen

This is the first time I've even noticed this line before- I was at Ulta and tried this particular shade on with my fingertip real quick (as a shadow) and LOVED the fine texture and the color on me!! Very shimmery (not sparkly) brownish-taupey with some gold. I'll try it as a liner too, but it looked SO GOOD as a shadow! I might have to look into these some more! I recently tried MAC coco beach pigment and it was way too harsh/dark on me. This is a nice alternative!