July 24, 2014 | 1588 users online

Pressed Powders - Sally Hansen - Cornsilk Shine Control Invisible Mattifying Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by xenakkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is no longer being made...but apparently there have been many who have gotten BAD powders. Mine is indeed a neutral powder that goes on much like MAC P&P powder but in compact form. I adore this stuff...:)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2007 1:30:00 AM More reviews by MulanDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Buy this product if you want the exact OPPOSITE of the name. This bright yellow (NOT invisible) shimmer thing does wonders to reveal any trace of oilies on my face. At the end of the day (after several touchups with this powder) I look like a gorgeous shiny, yellow cyborg!! After one time of powdering in the beginning of the day, naturally the oilies will start accumulating on my face as time goes by - and with the addition of this powder made the oilies 5x more noticeable!
Ok, I'll stop being sarcastic. Bottom line - DO NOT BUY!!! Unless you're getting things ready to look like Metal Man for Halloween...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 11:09:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice size for T-zone touch-ups but totally not what I was expecting. The name of this product is Invisible Matte, so why does this powder contain butt-loads of microglitter and why is it extremely yellow???? I was absolutely confused. Never going to buy this again or any other Cornsilk products, because they don't work well or break me out. I might as well have bought the Clean& Clean blue mattifying powder compact, it's the same concept, but at least it doesn't have sparkles or yellowness to make my skin look sallow >:(

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2005 2:15:00 PM More reviews by japacheena

Nasty! I have Shine Control - Natural Matte Loose Powder and HATE it. Warning, this has glitter in it. If you don't want to sparkle and smell like cheap fragrance, I'd steer clear from this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2005 12:57:00 PM More reviews by lafytafy

i was trying to find a cornsilk powder so i picked this one up. i hate the packaging, it's small and flimsy (has a separate flip compartment to separate powder and sponge)and bulky (for it's size). Another thing, there are these small gold shimmers in this powder that totally show up on my skin and make me like a stripper or something. so far, looks like it's controlling shine, and i hope it doesn't break me out, but i definitely would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2005 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Amanda527

I love this product. This is definetly a HG product for me. I apply this with a big fluffy brush and I have no shine all day. It didn't get cakey or make me break out. It also blends really well into your skin, no matter what shade you are. I will definetly repurchase this again. EDITED: I stopped using this becuase my skin became drier. This was too mate for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2005 2:09:00 PM More reviews by KateJ

I read rave reviews for the Cornsilk powders generally, so made the mistake of picking up Sally Hansen's version. It looks nasty yellow in the small compact, but I figured everyone said the cornsilk went on invisible, right? I am quite pale, so maybe that has something to do with it, but this yellow powder goes on *yellow*. I am olive-complexioned (very pale mind you) and this powder does nothing for me. I agree with the reviewer who said that it made her look jaundiced. Why does the powder have to be yellow?? I gave up on using it after only trying it 3x (I tried to convince myself I was imaging the yellow). Won't be using any more.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2004 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Roller_Girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The nutshell version: This product is for those who need to control the shine and don't (or aren't afraid to) break out.

It delivers on the mattifying. Take it from someone who's face pretty much redefines the song "shiny happy people" The downside: the product gave me nightmares of my days as a teen as it really broke me out, and I haven't broken out in years. I developed acne right in the dreaded forehead area, after around 3 weeks of using it. I promptly stopped and switched to Almay Clear Complexion in Transleucent and voila, the face it once again smooth and zit free.

Gave it 3 lippies because, although it broke me out big time, I might just be an isolated incident and at least it certainly did mattify! Packaging? The square container was a bit bulky and boxy. I liked the scent - slight baby powder scent. Although the perfume it contains might have been what broke me out in the first place. Go figure (:

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2004 11:07:00 AM More reviews by apabbott

I tried the loose version of this powder, mistakenly thinking this was the Sally Hansen powder that got good reviews. It looked pure orange-yellow in the container but it was supposed to be colorless. I figured once applied it would disappear into my skin.

After applying I discovered that it has a glittery appearance, which I do not like. Also, to get good coverage I applied a couple of light coats, only to find that it does look orange on my skin.

Another thing, my skin had a bad reaction to this powder. I have to say that this is the first cosmetic that my skin has ever reacted to this way. After applying the first time I found that a large itchy lump formed on my forehead and stayed all day. At first I thought it was a mosquito bite, even though I hadn't been outside much that day. But the very next day I applied another thin layer and watched as another large itchy lump appeared before my eyes. I will not use this stuff again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2004 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Angela4508

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to have this when I was a kid. I'm PPP and very oily. I picked this up the other day and was wondering why I ever let it go in the first place. This stuff is great. I stays matte, reduces touchups and doesn't change color on me. I have the no color and it blends into whatever foundation I'm wearing and doesn't change it's color. May be my HG powder!