Urban Decay Shadow Box

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This review is on the Skull Shadow Box. OMG!! I bought this palette on clearance for 12 dollars. Let me say that most of these shadows are PERFECT colors for everyday use.
Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Blunt, Chopper, and Twice Baked are clearly my favorites. I might have bought this palette at full price, but I don't have tons of money. So happy I could steal this before it was gone.

I got the Skull palette recently and I'm really pleased with it, moreso than I was with the Fun palette. Oil Slick is a lot blacker than the liner of the same name suggested it might be, so that's a hit. Chopper is probably the most pigmented shade, extremely pretty rosy copper. Vert is a very pretty green that remains quite wearable on my complexion; I found it to have a very slight blue cast. Cherry is very pale but the pink is noticeable on me as I'm even paler- great highlight for pink eye looks. Grifter is less pigmented but no less pretty, a delicate glittery lilac. Blunt is a pretty, 'blonde' gold kind of colour, a yellow for those less into bold colours. Twice Baked, like Baked and Half Baked, is very pigmented, and noticeably different to those two (I love them, but they are pretty similar). Midnight Cowboy Rides Again is a beige-copper with glitter- but it's not overly glittery, for me. Shattered is my favourite by far- beautiful cyan blue with a greenish cast. All shades are great quality and I haven't had noticeable fallout- the deluxe shadows really are fantastic. Packaging is cute, neat and easy to carry or store. Pans are tiny, but they still hold plenty and I can see it lasting a good while. It's versatile in terms of the looks that can be created and I get more use out of my Fun palette when I use it with this one. Definitely a great purchase, I'd probably get another, but I'd more likely buy Shattered by itself when I use this up.

yes, these do look crazy glittery right when you open them. but i found out, atleast for me, that after i use the top of one color, the color gets deeper and less glittery. i really like this pallette and i find myself reaching for it. good quality!

on 10/24/2009 9:22:00 AM

This eyeshadow was a totally new experience for me I had only used cheap drug store shadow before. This along with the primer potion is a match made in heaven. The colors pop you can use the shimmer colors for highlighters the neutrals to blend I mean LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! I think everybody that loves makeup has the pallete with love shaggy honey you know what im talking about best eyeshadow ive dealt with so far.

on 10/24/2009 12:06:00 AM

In my opinion a great find for the price. My favorite is the original wallpaper box. Only negative is that the typical UD huge glitter chunks can turn into a mess. The deluxe box doesn't have any glittery shadows, though.

on 6/23/2009 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have the Skull pallette and the mirror came off right away. The cute skull fell off a month later. I like the colors. I love UD eye shadows so I will most likely purchase another pallette! I love pallettes because I change up my look everyday and this gives me great range for day and night looks!

on 1/17/2009 1:37:00 PM

I have the "Wallpaper" palette and while there are some really great colors and it gave me the opportunity to try UD for the first time, the glitter was the one down fall. Some of the colors have glitter and they aren't little flecks, they are chunks of glitter. They get everywhere! Now I LOVE shimmer, but this was too much. Overall, it's a great set though, and great for when I travel because I just grab it and throw it in my bag and have a variety of colors in one package. Probably wouldn't buy it again though.

on 11/23/2008 8:53:00 AM

Since I live in Germany, I had to order this great box (Ammo). When I opened it for the first time, I was just blown away! Those are the prettiest eyeshadows I've ever had!! I love every single one of them. And the quality is great. They look especially nice when applied over UDPP. I love them!

on 10/20/2008 9:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i only like one colour in this kit (half baked) the rest are too dark or to shimmery. the colours look really cute in the box but they dont look the same on your eyes. i hate the Packaging and the brush that comes with it but the colour have so much pigmant in them

on 10/13/2008 2:27:00 PM

I got this palette with the skull on it as a b-day present last year and it's great. I don't use it everyday because some of the colors are so full of glitter and are a bit bright with UDPP or Too-Faced shadow insurance. But I love it the packaging is so cute!
My favorite color is grifter the sparkly purple color.

Popular Palettes