September 30, 2014 | 1795 users online

Lip Gloss - mark - Glossblossom Ripening Lip Tint

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

This is a fun product to keep in your purse, especially for summer in my case since the color is quite pinkish on me. I tend to wear warmer colors in the winter. Small enough to keep in my pocket, it's easy to use when I don't have a mirror.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by cswasson

I have very pale lips, they are lighter than my skin and make me look sick if I don't put color on them. I usually only like to wear tinted lip balms. While I like other types of lip products, the tinted lip balm is easiest for me to apply w/o a mirror, and I reapply A LOT! I heard about this when it first came out about 7 years ago, and fell in love!! It goes on clear, but turns to a wonderfully natural pink on your lips.

The concept is not a new one, I acutally used to use the old school cream blush from Merle Norman, Warm Blush (white pot with purple cheek color inside) on my lips. The beauty of this product was that it was a different color on everyone based on their chemistry. Someone suggested we try it on my lips, and Voila, the perfect lip stain. They had closed the Merle Norman in my area, so I was looking for a similar type product, when Avon introduced this beauty.

I love how moist my lips feel when using this, and I love that as the gloss wears down, it leaves a bit of a stain behind. I have minimum of 3 tubes at any time, one for purse, house, and office! Plus for the price, you can't beat it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

That other reviewer is right- mark came out with this gloss a while before Smashbox came out with their copycat O-gloss (I know because I used to be a mark rep and bought glossblossom when it first came out).

I'm a nude lips girl but, when I want a hint of pink for a girlier look, I like this lip gloss. I love that it doesn't have any shimmer or glitter (which I hate) and it's not sticky (which I hate more). It's just a sheer gloss that turns from clear to a sweet girly pink. I think this gloss is the definition of YLBB- it's natural and evens out your lip color and makes them pretty without looking like you're wearing makeup. I think girls/women of all ages could wear this. Even little kids would like the color-changing "magic" and they could wear it without looking like Toddlers in Tiaras (shudder). It's cheap on mark's website (I think it's on clearance right now), so I highly recommend trying it before it's gone!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by tstar18

I am a lip gloss junkie--always switching and trying new things BUT this is a staple. I'm on my 4th tube!! Love it---not sticky and I love that it leaves pink on your lips after the gloss wears off----just the right amount of color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

love this. goes on clear and turn to a beautiful pink flush of color on my lips. i love it! so much cheaper than smashbox o gloss. great alternative. super glossy and beautiful on lips. Nice price...would purchase again.

update 7/12/11: I've been using this EVERY single day lately, and I'm loving it. This is super glossy without being sticky like a lot of glosses that I've tried. I'm in LOVE with this lip gloss. I hope Mark never discontinues it.

*7/14/11: i saw this listed as a good-bye in magalog 8, and I'm really upset. This is online for $2.99 along with Cheekblossom, so get them while you can. I will be stocking up because this is my favorite lipgloss & I don't want to pay for Smashbox's O Gloss that doesn't even live up to this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hated it, it went on like Vaseline and was sticky and goopy, my Avon rep couldn't believe how terrible it was and returned it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by chodson

I absolutely love this product! It adds the perfect amount of oomph! to your lips! It changes to a color that looks good for YOUR lips!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 8:48:00 AM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this product. I like the easy application and I LOVE the beautiful pink color. It is a very bright pink however, so I could see some people not liking it.
I turned several of my friends on to this product. I'm not sure how "custom" the results are. We ALL seem to get the same shade. The only variance comes from the color of the lips that are under the gloss.
The gloss isn't drying which is nice because stain is usually very drying. This is a lip stain by the way. I don't think mark represents it as such. The info does mention it tints the lips but it's a bit ambiguous. The color of the glossblossom is very long lasting. This is nice because most long lasting stains are very drying (think lorac). Stains designed not to be drying do not usually last that long (think staniac).
The only reason why I give this 4 out of 5 lippies is because the shiny gloss where's off quickly. Since the color stays behind, I can just apply clear lip gloss or balm throughout the day. The additional lip gloss/balm doesn't completely remove the product like with some stains.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by beckkfo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

--This is just an all around great lipgloss. It smells great-- like fresh nectarines. It does turn pink on your lips-- I wouldn't say its a custom pink though. All of these type of glosses turn the same color pink-- it just looks different on different people.
--I am very pale and this gives me a bright pink glossy look. Its actually about as dark of a pink as I can pull off. Not super long wearing, but I love the smell and the color enough to buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this a 4 instead of a 5 because it has pretty much zero staying power. The staying power is exactly the same as the Palmer's lipglosses in the same style tube. I'm not a fan of pink, or of lipgloss, But, I'm getting older and I'm scared that lipstick might contribute to the drying that causes those icky vertical lines around the lips. So, I'm trying glosses. I have to say this does turn a very nice shade of pink on me. I could see why some might think it is just clear but honestly, it's not. It makes my lips a tiny bit darker, a tiny bit pinker, a tiny bit more golden. It's not a full makeup look but it's very nice for a clean face day. Also, I think the price is excellent. I'll probably buy one for every handbag I have. Maybe $6 is a lot compared to carmex but compared to any lipgloss you can buy at Sephora, or even drugstore lipglosses the price is a steal.