August 1, 2014 | 1647 users online

Shampoo - Avon - Advance Techniques Colour Protection

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

My most loved haircare range of all time. This product cleans hair thoroughly without stripping leaving it soft and shiny feeling like silk (same effect as pantene minus the silicones) I always have a dark dye job and it prevents colour fading and keeps it from getting greasy (I have fine hair which is thick but gets very greasy quickly) and I can stretch my washes to every second day with this product. One of the ingredients in this formula also keeps my scalp flake free (I am prone to eczema and scalp issues) and as long as I use this product it clears away for what ever reasons. Love it and always stock up when on special!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by cneal61

I love this shampoo and the conditioner. I was skeptical but tried it and am glad I did. I get static terrible in my hair and so far I haven't had that problem using this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by xomeggiepoo

I'm honestly not that picky with shampoos. This shampoo smells good, and does the job perfectly. It was like $2 so it's totally worth it, especially when you compare it to what else you can get for $2.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by sherry77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo, my friend who does hair in her mothers salon uses this because her mother also sells avon. I have tried other shampoos because it seems to be such a hassle getting over to her house and ordering it, but, no matter what I try I keep coming back to it. I love the price, the smell... everything about it. I can't understand these people who say it smells "bad" but I will say, if you don't use the conditioner with it the shampoo will leave your hair tangled. I did not notice any build up or drying of my hair though, I use this in conjuction with the split end treatment from Avon and the combination is great. Avons products are very affordable and I like them so much I have decided to sign as a consultant even if I don't end up selling much I can order my own stuff month to month.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by 7954

this product did NOTHING for me
yes, it's cheap, but you can find shampoo's that are just as cheap that work MUCH better

I didn't feel like the shampoo cleaned my hair, and I didn't feel like the conditioner conditioned my hair (and I used the whole bottle of each) PLUS it smells bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2008 2:33:00 AM More reviews by binky43130

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo actually dried out my colored hair and with that process lightened it. Their shampoos are awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by ketchupp15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this at the State Fair at an Avon booth for less than $3.00.. I was so amazed. I have thick, dyed-brown hair and I thought this would help keep the color. The first couple of times I used it, it was alright, not much of a change. The smell was good but subtle. After a week or so though, I couldn't run my fingers through my hair after shampooing! My hair felt so dry and terrible- like straw. Ick. Sure enough, look in the ingredients, and here's a load of sulfates.. surprise. I stopped using it because I could not STAND the way it made my hair feel. I was disappointed in Avon - thought this would have been a much better product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by marileab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this shampoo because Paula B recommended it, and because I wanted to try something different. I think it's a fairly good shampoo, which for me means it doesn't cause build-up over time and my hair still feels clean at the end of the day and not overly greasy. It's also available for a good price. I wouldn't buy it again, though, because after using it my hair is really tangled. Using a conditioner helps, but I've used other shampoos and not had this problem.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT 03/28/12---I will absolutely NOT repurchase any Avon products until they choose to quit misleading their customers about animal testing and fully commit to a no animal testing policy.

Ugh! I'm conflicted. I want to write nasty things about this shampoo because I think it stinks. It smells like shampoo they would make prisoners use as punishment. I obviously am not using any products with a scent that will mask this one because I can smell it all day. Funny because Avon is so wanton with their fragrances, putting them in all sorts of things that shouldn't have any, and then skimping on a product for hair which is the only part of my body that retains scent easily. Why would a face cream smell heavenly and then your hair smell not nearly as good as my dog when she comes back from the groomer? Okay, now that I got that out of my system, this is a decent shampoo. It cleans. I would say it is more of a volumizing product than one to care for colored hair as it is drying. The conditioner helps and overall they leave my hair shiny, managable and like I just stepped out of the salon. I don't know if I would buy again because of the smell and it lathers like natural shampoos, but it is so cheap. The conditioner has a better tropical smell but it does not override the stinky shampoo. I said I would buy again only to be fair but I honestly don't know.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by shannonmiller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am so pleasantly surprised by this shampoo. I've just recently begun to use Avon products and decided to give this shampoo a shot. I normally use Goldwell products and spend a good deal of money on them. I figured this shampoo wouldn't be nearly as good because it is under $3. I'm happy to say that I was wrong! It leaves my hair soft, silky, shiny, and smelling great. It lathers up well and I don't need to use much to get the job done. I couldn't be more satisfied with this shampoo.