July 31, 2014 | 2133 users online

Skincare - Face - Estee Lauder - Perfectly Clean Foaming Gel Cleanser [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by P83Wanad

This is a review for EL Perfectly Clean Multi Action Foam Cleanser/Purifying Mask.

Got a sample with the latest EL promotion (buy two products and you get a gift bag in-store).

It's a very thick -not runny or gelly at all- substance that lathers but doesn't really foam all that much. It is definitely a treat, it smells amazing (well, I love the clean smell) and it warms up a bit as you massage it into the skin. You can then either rinse it off, or leave for 3 minutes as a face mask.

I didn't have very high hopes at first, but after using it a couple of times, I'm defo buying a full size tube when I run out of the sample. I have a really crappy T zone with clogged pores, shininess, blackheads and whatnot, and this thing leave me feeling squeaky clean. My skin actually squeaks as I rinse it. But it doesn't feel overdried or tight at all. Love it love it love it. Never tried anything like this. Winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by BritJoi

OMG!! This stuff is absolutely amazing. My skin is oily and acne-prone (actually, by genetics) and I pair this with Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit foaming scrub and it does wonders for my skin. It leaves it feeling so clean and soft and it actually looks brighter! I used to wear a lot of makeup to coverup my dark spots and imperfections from acne scars and hyper pigmentation but now I am leaning more toward light coverage foundations and BB cremes because this stuff helps to make my skin look gorgeous. It is a bit on the pricey side but I feel it is worth it, I would probably spend more than that on a good foundation anyway so.. WHY NOT? :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by hollyr27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like a facial cleanser that leaves my face feeling clean but not tight. I can't stand a residue on my face after washing. That said, I tried a sample of this cleanser before purchasing. It really does leave my face perfectly clean but not dry and tight. My over indulgence is using this as a body wash as well. I know it's expensive but a little goes a long way and during the winter, this cleanser leaves my body feeling cleaning, smelling great and I don't have to slather on a huge amount of moisturizer after a hot shower. This is now my HG and I buy it six at a time when I find a great deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by zctatom

This is my favorite cleanser ever by far, but it's much too expensive. (I've since switched to Cetaphil simply for price reasons.)

It's a thick white cream that lathers up absolutely _deliciously_. The smell is pretty unobtrusive--not too good, not too bad--and you hardly notice it after a while. It takes a bit to rinse off, though, because it's such a thick cleanser, but once you rinse it off your skin feels soft and squeaky-clean.

It doesn't dry out your skin (and if it does, they have another cleanser that is supposed to be more emollient). It feels like it cleans much more deeply than my Cetaphil or any other cleanser I've used does.

I would definitely repurchase if price wasn't an option. Definitely check this out if you can afford it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2007 1:01:00 PM More reviews by annos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a thick white gel that lathers up real nicely, which means you only need the tiniest amount. It feels soft on skin and is quite easy to wash away. Beware of getting this into your eyes though since it stings like crazy. Definitely not for getting rid of eye makeup. For the rest of the face it works wonders, I have combo skin and it leaves my face fresh, makeup free without making it tight or dry. I think, however, that it might be too harsh in wintertime and for drier skintypes it would definitely be too drying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2004 2:59:00 AM More reviews by g_82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not sure if this is the right product i'm reviewing. It is one of lauder's new cleanser range. It is not really gel but quite creamy. You only need a tiny amount and it lathers into rich foam. It actually feels exactly like the Origin's Checks and Balances except the smell(Origins is owned by Lauder, anyway). It's a bit drying for my normal to dry skin. IMO, it's just an okay but overpriced cleanser for combo skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2003 4:06:00 PM More reviews by nelly2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a pretty decent cleanser if you don't wear makeup and sunscreen. It has a nice fresh scent, doesn't irritate my skin, but also hasn't helped clear any acne. I can't get used to spending $17 on a cleanser that doesn't remove all makeup. I used to spend $6 on Oil of Olay and Neutrogena, and I thought that was expensive. I stopped using those cleansers several years ago but just recently started trying to experiment w/ cheaper cleansers, since I spend so much on facial products already.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2003 8:07:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like the reviewer below, this too was my first "high-end" cleanser, and i wasn't dissapointed at all. it left my skin very clean and it wasn't drying which is good. the only reason i probably won't get it again because it's just a basic combination/oily skin cleanser which every skincare line usually has.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2003 12:29:00 PM More reviews by gideon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yuck. The smell is marginally okay. This is a great idea and in theory should have been perfect, but it did not leave my skin feeling clean. It's a clear gel that lathers up quickly. Think shaving cream. It left a heavy film. This doesn't rinse very well. The SA told me that I wouldn't need toner afterwards but without it my skin felt so gross. You almost need another cleanser afterwards. I will never buy this stuff again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2003 3:53:00 PM More reviews by HuongStar

One of my first excursions with "high-end" cleansers and not an overall disappointment. It really isn't for those suffering from acne; you want a cleanser that has salicylic acid of some sort. Good for combination oily types, this cleanser has a great fresh citrus scent, foams nicely, and cleanses thoroughly. Again, not for sensitive, super blemish-prone, or super oily skins.