July 23, 2014 | 1345 users online

Powder - Philosophy - complete me

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Dalwee2

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know this has long been discontinued but I wanted to add my review in case any one from Philosophy reads MUA. This was my HG foundation, Warm 2 was a perfect match. In BE I am a 50/50 mix of #1 (Fair) and #3 (Medium), both cool colors. This foundation has super coverage without looking masky, has no shine and lasts all day. Luckily, a MUA'er sent me her Warm 1 and Warm 2 as a RAOK so I have a good supply but you can find it one in a while on ebay. This foundation was replaced with The Supernatural but it does not cover like the Complete Me and the color choices are few. If the powers at Philosophy are reading these reviews, please bring this one back!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by tallulah_starr

Absolutely HORRIBLE!!! Made my skin look SOOOOO dry (which it isn't) and corpse like. Threw it away.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by seacat

when i first use this i loved it, felt like it made my skin look flawless and perfect - plus it was super easy to apply! i have used bare esentuals and really liked the results but feel the whole tap, brush, tap system is kind of a pain - this is very quick and great for travel. everything was ok at first, then i had a few people comment at how dry my skin looked - eventually i realised it must be the powdery foundation so i started using my old foundation brush to put it on. after another week or so my skin just decided it did not like the product anymore and began breaking out. every night when i took it off i could see how clogged my pores were. what a shame i really like the idea for the bottle though that's as far as it goes.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by addicted2products

Pros: Convenient for travel, Did not irritate my skin, Sponge applicator not very hygienic, SPF 15, did not smell bad

Cons: Powder formulation not appropriate for dry skin (or skin with dry patches) the color will just sit on top of your skin, Sponge applicator not very hygienic

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2006 6:18:00 PM More reviews by kadyk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read the reviews and was taken in. I had tried the bare minerals and didn't like it so I don't know what I was thinking when I tried this "mineral" makeup. I tried the beige and the color was good for me, but alas it just ended up looking like every other mineral makeup. Very powdery, emphasizing my pores and it looked very obvious sitting on my face. I have normal skin, not too oily or dry. It didn't blend well and I tried everything from a sponge to brushes. I eventually added a small bit of the powder to some Neutrogena oil free moisterizer and made my own makeup. It really looked good, clean, sheer, and left a nice glow to my face. I know that defeated the whole powder makeup thing but that's what worked. Luckily I only paid for a sample because the cost is outrageous. Anyway hope this is helpful.......

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2006 2:02:00 PM More reviews by westcoastgirl

This review is for the newer supernatural powder foundation that Philosophy has now. The color selection is very poor, the packaging is just plain strange and the price is unbeleavably high for the TINY amount that you get. I used this and my face started to itch like crazy! the coverage is very poor and I broke out big time. They need to rethink this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2006 2:25:00 PM More reviews by conniecorn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i actually never tried complete me, but the new version, supernatural, is wonderful..i love how it goes on, for me, i like the beige, the natural is too "grey" on me...bronze, too dark...if you were using the natural, give the beige a try, its a much better color more rich. i do use a cover cream first under my eyes, and then i spray a bit of water over my face, i find this makeup adheres better with a little dampness and then i apply the makeup....my only complaint is that it does not hold up in hot/humid weather. most makeups dont, for those days i use my old stand by revlons colorstay and clinetele powder. but for most days this is easy and fast and way way better than bare minerals, i hated that stuff, i know alot of people like it, not me. try this, you can always return it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2005 10:10:00 AM More reviews by melmelby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hate this stuff! First of all, even though I am a warm skin tone, the cool one was the one that looked to be the right color. Secondly, I look like I am wearing a mask. Thick almost greasy powder. Seems contradictory to call that a powder, but I don't know what else it would be. If you are going to use powder makeup, I would suggest Bare Minerals or Jane Iredale instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2005 10:40:00 AM More reviews by irishgirl05

I really like this product.I have been using the warm 1 for about 2 years now.I generally use this as a spot concealer or highlighter with my JI foundation.It gives a little heavier coverage in those areas you need it.I was not a big fan of the original packaging, the shaker never worked right.However, they recently changed it to The Supernatural foundation with a new package and everything, this is much better.I called Philosophy upset because they discontinued this and they told me the Supernatural is the same exact thing, colors and all, so I am happy.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2005 2:49:00 PM More reviews by MMaven

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love philosophy products, so I was fully prepared to fall in love with complete me, but it was not so. Chalky, chalky, chalky. It looks like it should be used on corpses in a morgue, not on living women. I tried to apply it with both the sponge on the lid, and my own foundation brush. The brush gave a lighter chalky coverage, and the sponge gave a heavier chalky coverage, which made my face appear like I just put calamine lotion on it. I dabbed my face with another moist sponge, but the greyish color was still there! They missed the boat on this one. It's expensive, too. I'll stick with Bare Escentuals minerals, which offer a lighter-type of coverage (despite their claims).