August 29, 2014 | 1892 users online

Hair - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Natural Jojoba Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by AngelaGi

Now, this was my first review:
"There's not a lot to say about this shampoo: THIS DOES NOT WASH MY HAIR.
After I dry them they're soooo greasy I have to use dry shampoo.
I tried a few times to make it work, more shampoo, less shampoo, nothing works.
Now I have this huge bottle and I don't know what to do with it. I wouldn't use this on my brushes either."

I have to say, with time, I learnt how to make this work and how to use a gel-like shampoo and I must say I'm really liking it. Now it makes my hair stay clean for a long time.
I don't know what happened, but now I don't hate it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by pixieboo1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product was so drying for me, so I had to stop using it. It left my hair feeling very clean, but a lot like hay, and I can't imagine how it would possibly help my hair grow 'long and strong' as the package claims. I tend to use 'natural' shampoos, so I don't think this was a case of a shampoo not working as well as the conventional stuff. Rather, I just don't think this shampoo is well suited to my thick, relatively dry, medium/coarse hair. It's certainly more of a clarifying shampoo than a conditioning one, so if you have oily and/or fine hair, I suspect it might work fine for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

I bought this to alternate with my Andalou Brilliant Shine because I find my hair becomes accustomed to shampoos very quickly and I want to keep it guessing. The Andalou is currently my HG but that may change.

I picked up this shampoo for just over $7, which is a steal for a natural product, and there’s twice as much in this bottle as the Andalou. The shampoo itself has a gel like consistency and a golden color. It isn’t creamy, but is clear. A lot of reviewers have mentioned a baby powder-esque scent, and I would agree with this claim, however I don’t find the smell offensive. I’ve used this shampoo twice now and am actually starting to like it!

I have fine hair, but a lot of it. It has been colored previously but not in over a year. The scalp gets oily and often has excess sebum collecting on the surface (white grainy stuff often mistaken for dandruff). It’s also crazy itchy, and my ends remain dry with split ends.

When I used this shampoo I poured a dollop into my hand and spread it evenly on just my scalp. I found I could more easily scrub it in when I flipped my head upside down. Then I gave it a VERY thorough scrubbing. I didn’t focus on my ends at all as I find letting the shampoo cleanse them as I rinse is much less drying.

The biggest reason I like this shampoo is because it really helps my scalp. Since I’ve only used it twice it’s not an instant fix, but it’s much less itchy and flaky, and my hair is a lot softer. I use this with the matching conditioner which I’ve also reviewed, but it might very well become my new HG. It’s a lot less expensive than my Andalou.

EDIT: I'm taking off two lippies because after 3 washes I started getting pimples on my head! I don't know if this shampoo is the cause but it's certainly not helping. I've switched to Nature's Gate Tea Tree and it's much better after 4 washes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by vmgarcia02

This is a review for both Shampoo and Conditioner used together.

At first I liked the product it left my hair smooth and soft but got greasy quite quickly. After about 2-3 weeks of use my hair feels like it's got a build up of product and life-less and stiff. I am really disappointed as it wasn't cheap!

Will not be using it anymore unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by lipglossraider

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

been using this shampoo for 2 weeks now. wanted to try more of a natural range for my hair. thing i noticed about a few natural shampoos that i been using is that they dont foam on the hair much, and as i have thick hair i have to use alot to get full coverage and a good wash.however they do say shampoos that foam have alot of chemicals in them so they not really good to use. i find it can be abit drying, and the conditioner isnt very moisturising. the shampoo does keep hair soft and fluffy which i like, however i would probably use with a more moisurising conditioner. i dotn feel however its a shampoo with a wow factor. highstreet shampoos have made my hair feel alot better... so hmmmafter ive used this bottle. i will see if its actually benefited my hair or not and may try another range. on plus side i can say my roots feel softer cleaner and stronger and scalp feels good!

thought id do an update on this shampoo, as u can see by the date of the first post i have been using this for a few weeks now, an i noticed over time my hair strands feel alot smoother and definetly softer to the point my sister noted how soft my hair felt when she was doing a trim on my hair! usually i have very thick coarse hair so this was good! i will be buying this shampoo and cond. again. my hair feels clean soft and light.dont get a build up feeling with this shampoo. it will prob take u a few weeks to notice the change in your hair texture if your hair sounds like mine!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by JaimieR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Jason's Tea Tree oil nail saver, so I figured I'd give the shampoo/conditioner a try. I was unimpressed with the results. The shampoo left my hair feeling stripped, and not at all soft. The conditioner was slightly better, but honestly left no lasting results. It didn't even help me brush my hair after I got out of the shower. I ended up tossing it, half-used, which I hate to do. I'm sticking with the nail saver, but ditching the hair products.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

LOVE it!!!!
I was having a real issue with scalp acne. It's painful, and embarassing when you go and get a haircut. It started with Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Condtioner. I ditched that and started using Dove. Same thing...only less pimples. When I found this shampoo, I thought about how Jojoba makes my skin feel ( I love the stuff) so it made sense that this too might calm and balance my scalp.
My HG is the J/A/S/O/N Biotin Shampoo but oddly enough it can't be found. I have the Biotin Conditioner and I use the two together.
No scalp acne and really shiny hair. Another excellent J/A/S/O/N product.
****UPDATE****
I used two bottles of this. Good, not deserving of the rave above^^ . Idk why I write reviews too soon. Relegated to bodycare.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by sbksbj

Once you get over the texture of the shampoo it's great. It cleans gently on the first pass and lasts a long time. It's my husband's favorite.

I order from iHerb where the prices are reasonable, $5off with code HEX237 and free shipping for orders over $40

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by masears

Initially I was happy with this product. It was advertised as all natural which I have been using for a few years now and it seemed thicker than most shampoo of that type. But I noticed my hair was getting oilier much faster and couldn't figure it out until I looked at the ingredients. No SLS which is great but it has TWO SILICONES! I didn't even know anyone put silicone in shampoo; not even normal companies have it usually. If you are looking for natural hair care, I'd try something else first. Save yourself my mistake.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2009 3:54:00 AM More reviews by veevixxen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo!!! I have been looking for a while now for a great replacement to my Bumble & Bumble Alojoba shampoo, which was my HG. Sadly, it became very expensive and I just couldn't keep buying it every other month. So I came across this shampoo at Whole Foods and decided to give it a try. I was so impressed! It leaves my hair clean, moisturized, and healthy. The 16 oz bottle has also lasted about 3 months, so it turns out to be a very affordable alternative to my beloved B&B Alojoba.