December 18, 2014 | 1877 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Peter Thomas Roth - AHA 12% Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by LauraBraunstein

I've had relatively severe keratosis pilaris (little red bumps with pus and ingrown hairs in them) on the backs of my arms for pretty much my entire life. Many Rx only ointments have been prescribed to me by various physicians over the years to no avail. I finally found out about this lotion a couple of years ago from US magazine of all things. It has completely turned the condition of my arms around! I now swear by it to control my KP and highly highly recommend it to anyone with the same condition. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it has changed my life.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2008 2:57:00 AM More reviews by SZQueue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This may be the only product I have ever purchased more than three times in my promiscuous lifetime affair with skincare products. I like to use it at night as a rinse- or wipe- off cleanser. Prep things for treatment and moisturizer without stripping. And while the stuff is exfoliating, it still moisturizes and contains antioxidants. Potent enough to rub on the butt and feel smoother in the morning. Plus, you get a TON of product. Cannot live without.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by kim080464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

update - apparantly this is discontinued. why oh why do they do this to us! If anyone has a product they use that is similar I would love to know.

ok - I had to write a review on this. First a word of warning: do not use this on freshly shaven skin - it will burn the heck out of your skin.

Now to the review: a little background on me - I have always had the kind of legs that have those darn black spots (the hair follicle that sits right beneath the pore) that refuse to go away even after a good shave. I hate them and have always been self concious about it. Anyways, first this lotion helps reduce the "black spots" and overall makes my legs look the best they have ever looked. Plus, they are silky soft. I am amazed. I wish I would have known about this stuff ions ago.

In regards to the scent - it does have a light scent but it smells very natural and unobtrusive (at least for me). I use it before bed and have had no issues with stickiness etc.

The price is a little on the high side so I may look for another AHA body lotion but so far this is a HG for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by adoorbel_gel

The ONLY thing that will get rid of my keratosis pilaris (the "chicken skin" you get on your upper arms) and helps keep "bacne" at bay. My only gripes are the price ($44, but at least it works) and the fact that it will stain your clothes if you're not careful (most recently, I applied it on my back before I went to sleep and didn't allow it to completely dry/absorb. The next morning, my lovely taupe sheets were spotted with patches of pink). Though it is fragrance-free, there is an odor to it which people either don't notice or find offensive. I thought the smell was a little weird initially, but after seeing the great results it gave, I didn't give it a second thought.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2006 9:28:00 PM More reviews by blackangel

Im on my second bottle of this. I got the worse skin virus known to man. It caused me to break out in a scaley, bumpy, red rash all over my arms, torso, and buttocks. I was literally crying because as a brown skinned woman I knew it woudl takes months to fade these spots. But I used this lotion religiously twice a day after showering for 3 weeks and ALL my marks are gone. I should mention that I did use it in conjunction with an exfoliating body wash though. I will coninue to repurchase this so long as I can afford it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2006 6:02:00 PM More reviews by kittykatty9819

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this to help clear up the acne on my upper arms, thighs, chest, and back. It really is helping that so far. My major gripe is the smell and the fact that it seems to make my skin feel a little sticky. For these reasons I only use it at night. I will continue to use this though for what it does.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2005 3:01:00 PM More reviews by moetkd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far, so good. I use this product twice a day on my body. Since giving birth 6 months ago, my skin (face & body) have looked like absolute crap. I've even developed some sort of body acne on my thighs & upper arms. - really gross. Dermatologist gave me some topical antibiotic to use, which did nothing after 6 weeks. Anyhow, I am trying an AHA routine to see if that helps to purge the pores, clear the rough patches, and give my skin back a glow. I use this after my shower (using Murad's AHA/BHA exfoliating cleanser) and before bed. I havent' noticed any irritation. It is a very light lotion, not super moisturizing, but enough for now. I have noticed that my skin has a really nice tone in the 10 days since I've started using it - a bit of a glow, which is nice. No improvement in all those clogged pores on my thighs yet (I think they are coming to the surface with this stuff - which is good), but I'm hoping that after another month they will start to clear out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this gives me some improvement in my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2005 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

This is a great AHA lotion to prevent ingrown hairs on legs and small bumps on arms. Since it is fairly fluid a little goes a long way. At the moment I am using MD Formulations cream (because my London source didn't have PTR on the day when I went to restock!) and the results are just as good. In the UK they cost the same I think. However, I would definitely recommend this lotion and may well go back to it in future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2004 12:44:00 PM More reviews by beachkitty79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this daily along with the AHA/BHA Face & Body Polish, and for the first time in many years, I can get a smooth shave on my legs. I have experienced slight stinging, but that's about it. It appears to be doing its job and doing it very well. It gets rid of any bumps I get on my legs very quickly. I love how it is not greasy but still gives some hydration. I have been using it on the bottom of my feet but haven't seen much of an improvement there so far. However, it's great that it isn't so greasy that I can't apply it before I put on sandles. I don't know if I'll be able to keep purchasing this(although I would love to) because it's $40 for 8 oz. and appears to be going quickly. I may have to look for something similar but cheaper.