December 20, 2014 | 1609 users online

Moisturizers - Weleda - Wild Rose Face Oil Capsules

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Beautyfoolrise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I brought the capsules because of the positive review.I dont think Singapore carry this brand so I got mine from japan.What I love about Weleda is that they are all natural.I used facial oil before and some gave me horrible breakout as I have very sensitive with acne prone skin but my skin conditionis getting better.I am quite worry because I have never use their products before so why not just give it a try.

It contain natural plant base oil which is good for skin, the aroma of this product smell so wonderful but the oil is a little too greasy for my skin to handle and it cause me to have oil seeds aroud my jaw area which I am super scared as my skin is clearing up from acne but something which I really like about this products is that it give me a healthy glow and radiance complexion. My oil seed disappear really quick but I do not want to give up on this product since I did not follow the instruction the first time which is you need to apply the oil on damp skin.So I try the second time on damp skin after steaming my face with panasonic nano facial steamer.The oil absorb into skin really well comparing to the first time I tried.
The next day when I woke up and wash my face,I realized my skin is more radiance and plump up but still see oil seed around my jaw lin.
I will still continue using the product as it did not break me out or cause red patches, just oil seed.Maybe my skin is not use to rich nutrients and need more time to adapt. So I only give 3 lippis, I will update again after trying it for 1 month!

24/07/2014 Update: it's been more than 1 month, I will give this face oil 4 lip stick!! I was so dumb that I did not read the the instructions probably before applying the face oil on my skin.The correct way is to use it on semi wet skin because the absorption will be better and seriously I find that by putting on damp skin, the absorption is superb .The next day when I woke up, my skin look so radiance and pump without looking oily plus no more oil seeds on my cheeks or jawline.I follow the step by step massage technique included in the box, it is very easy to follow and I will definitely repurchase the oil in japan again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this oil based on the positive reviews. Unfortunately for some reason it doesn't work that well for me on my face. I have semi-dry and sensitive skin, also sensitive eyes. When it's applied it feels very good for the first hours, hydrating, softening, etc. But the next morning that effect is gone, the absorption seems superficial, it's hard to explain why, but my skin doesn't feel hydrated and soft, only superficially soft as if you could wash it off. Actually my skin seems a little dry the next morning since I don't apply a moisturizer when wearing this oil. I also think it gives me headache, it happens everytime. My eyes don't sting, but they feel tired when I wear it. Sometimes I get some red patches too on my most sensitive areas. As for the fragrance, that rose oil smell is not horrible, but a little heavy for my taste when I wear it on my face. I saw the review on Beautypedia, and it was rated as "poor" and one of the reasons was the fragrance. I now wear this on my neck after shower to use it up, my neck feels softer, I even consider buying the wold rose body oil. I wouldn't buy this again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by chessablue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my god, I love this. It's super-moisturising, leaves my sensitive skin soft and luminous and feels so luxurious.
This is a little fussy in the capsules, so I just use a whole capsule on my face, neck and decollete before bed when I'm parched or flaky. It's also perfect for protecting the skin on a long flight, when I really enjoy the gorgeous, soothing scent.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by leserpent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I get dry flaky patches around my forehead and nose and it looks bad and I'm still looking for something that makes them go away, because this isn't it. It's a good product made of natural ingredients and does hydrate (I suggest using it after shower when your skin is still moist) but for me it's not enough because I still get these flakes. And when I use it too often (more than twice a week) I get pimples. I'm also not a fan of the strong scent it has. The price is okay and the idea of casules very clever, but over this I prefer a regular "single malt" organic 100% oils like jojoba which doesn't smell and doesn't give me pimples no matter how much I use it. It is also much cheaper, because I can get a bottle of jojoba oil and use it all over my body.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by Essie89

I've bought this product based on the good reviews here and I'm so glad I did! Every winter the skin around my mouth and nose gets very dry. I've used all kind of expensive and inexpensive (vaseline) cremes but nothing works like this oil.
The weather is extremely cold here right now and I don't have any drie flakes!! So happy I finally found something that works:)

The reason I gave it 4 lippies and not 5 is because of the price. I know there are lot's of even more expensive oils out there but I think €17,- for 30 days (I use it every day) is quite steep.
That is however the only downfall I can think of.

Would definitely recommend!! Would I buy it again? I've already did:p

Make sure you look at the date though considering it is a fresh product.

Hope this was helpfull!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

I purchased the Weleda Wild Rose facial oil after researching this on MUA. And I will say upfront that I am NOT disapointed.

Having great experience with rosehip oil, this product is simply divine. It comes in a little glass jar with 30 individual capsules containing these precious concoction of oils.

I believe that this product is primarily made up of rosehip oil. It also contains sweet almond oil, evening primose oil, and peach kernel oil. How luxurious !

While the instructions says that you should use one capsule per application, however, I reckon that it is adequate for up to 2 uses (one if you're applying it on your neck as well). I only use this one-twice a week as a pampering treatment for my skin. Since they are individually packed in a capsules, every drop that you get is very 'fresh', and ohhh, the scent. How lovely ! These are not only a treat to your skin....it is to your senses as well.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a luxurious treatment for the skin.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This definitely is a luxurious, "pamper me" oil treatment for the facial skin. I have skin that is acne prone with areas that are dry and others (like my nose and forehead) that are oily.
I paid about $42 NZD for this, which I find expensive for just 30 applications, never the less, I loved this oil and would most certainly repurchase.

Firstly, unlike a lot of oils, this did not break me out.
In fact quite the opposite happened...I applied it at night on a cleansed face (no creams on top so that it fully absorbed)...In the morning my face felt super soft, no greasy residue and in fact my face seemed to glow through my make up (which almost never happens).

I used all 30 capsules for an intensive one month treatment and it was amazingly effective. At the end of the month my skin seemed much smoother and fine lines around my eyes and lips appeared much finer.

The only downside is the size of the capsules (super tiny, like the tip of your index finger)...The packaging says you can apply it on your face and neck, but there is only enough product to spread on your face...

However, this is a great product and I highly recommend it.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by notfalling028

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product because it has primrose oil in it, which is my favourite daily supplement and I believe it helps me control my hormonal breakouts. Thus, I assumed it would do wonders on my skin when used externally too. Unfortunately, after only three days of use I noticed quite a few visible clogged pores, and the bumps all appeared at once, an unlikely coincidence...Using a super-magnifying mirror, I obviously couldn't leave them alone and made a complete mess out of my face as a result.
Can't give Weleda capsules a bad rating for that, as the texture and the packaging are lovely, so are the ingredients. Just my (annoying) individual skin reaction to essential oils (and hands that should be restrained from using a magnifying mirror).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

I tried this stuff yesterday overnight and it is amazing.
I have dehydrated, acne-prone, ageing and sensitive combination skin, so I guess, you could call my skin "difficult".
The package contains 30 capsules with a combination of biological oils. Weleda is a German company, which produces eco-cosmetics with a high biological-certified standard. I paid 15 Euros for the capsules in Germany.
You have to open the capsules and put the oil on your moist skin (this is important). Usually, I spray my face lightly with thermal water before putting the oil on my face.
I use it overnight, because it doesnīt seem as a suitable makeup-base and the ingredients work better.
My skin feels good after putting it on and it doesnīt feel greasy or sticky on my skin. It smells like roses.
But wait until you see the overnight-effect. I really tried different types of oil capsules or overnight serums. And I often was disappointed, because they never delivered what they promised.
I woke up and my skin was amazing. Hydrated, glowing, fresh and my pores were minimized. I also looked well rested.
Although it is oil, you donīt have to be afraid if you have acne-prone skin. My skin didnīt react with clogged pores or breakouts. So itīs worth a try.
I like this product a lot and you can use it 14 days as a "special treatment" or 1-2 times a week to pamper your skin. Either way it makes your skin feel well.
Update 21/08/2012:
Having tried many high-end serums and oils, I can definitely say, that this is cheaper and more effective than most expensive and hyped facial oils.
The combination of the oils seems to work miracles and pamper your skin with so many essential fats and moisture, that it feels wonderful. And I feel that the combination of oils works better on my skin than a single carrier oil alone.
I never broke out from the capsules, as they contain no comedogenic oils. And the essential oils and the perfume in it didnīt make my skin react or be irritated. Just basically good biological oils to nourish and feed your skin.
Wonderful in wintertime, when your skin needs a little more extra care.
If you want a cheap and effective pampering for your skin, try it.

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by frostbites

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

hell. i love this, even though it's not tailored to my needs. my (seasonally seborrheic, blotchy, combined and dehydrated acne-prone) skin glows after this. it glows, people, glows like i never thought it could! it takes a lot to make my skin look that way. i had given up on hope.
after a few hours' sleep with this oil on, i can experience first hand what 'english rose skin' means. i look rosy, peaches-and-cream fresh, like i don't need not a tiniest drop of my otherwise unskippable Dior Nude foundation...like someone who won 'lovely skin' on the gene lottery.
but after a while...i grease up and my pores clog. the magic disappears.
Weleda's Almond oil is much better suited to my skin, and it clears up what Rose messes up - but Almond seems to work more slowly and without the astonishing overnight FX effect Rose has.
so i use Almond nightly and Rose on special occasions, still hoping i'll train my skin into accepting it.
must say, that i get less clogged pores as time goes by. and since i started using Weleda products, my skin is noticeably firmer, more elastic and less dehydrated, with fine lines a bit less noticeable. will repurchase.
- just a word of warning, don't underestimate what reviewers before me said about getting fresh product. very important! if buying over eBay, demand that the seller provides you with expiry dates of the Weleda oil in question.

EDIT: best thing in my skin regime. stopped clogging my pores, unbeatable for rosy plump skin even after a sleepless night. one thing needs to be repeated: buy it fresh, i have tried expired capsules (kept them in the fridge with little to no effect) and the difference is noticeable.

2ND EDIT: almost three years later, i'm still besotted with this product.
now that my skin is producing sebum with less fervor and in need of more pampering, the Almond oil isn't moisturizing enough anymore. i have moved on from quite a few Weleda products since my first review (too much alcohol in their moisturizers) and incorporated moisturizing serums and retinaldehyde in my daily regime.
however,
this little encapsulated treasure is still as reliable year in, year out. every time i reach for it my skin looks firmer, softer and juicier and i actually apprehensively enjoy the dreaded morning reflection in the mirror.
the makings of a lifelong essential.
wish this worked for everyone, it's truly worth trying!
hope Weleda doesn't tinker (or cheapen the ingredients) with this or their Skin food cream, which i find uniquely effective for healing and lightening acne scars.

oh, its heady, slightly pungent scent? the only thing i'm not a raving fan of. not clouding our horizon in the slightest though.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No