November 24, 2014 | 1225 users online

Masks - MD Formulations - Vit A Plus Clearing Complex

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by charls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is relatively strong for first time users but as a seasoned user of MD formulations, I always have this product on hand in my bathroom. I feel a very light tingle but nothing more. I also follow up with a deep hydrating moisturize. On average I use it about once a fortnight as a treatment (only at night), a thin layer over my entire face avoiding the eyes. The penetration of this product is deep and the morning after my skin is noticeably smoother.
I get mild adult breakouts when I'm sick or run down and it does help keep my skin in check. Note that I use a milder MD Formulations creme every other night.

MD Formulations products are very expensive in Australia due to distribution rights so I buy all mine at (similar to) US prices online.

A word of warning: the skin you're left with after using this product is baby soft and you must use a high SPF moisturiser/makeup following use as you will sunburn very easily (especially where I live in Australia).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mask is a must have for every person with skin problems. It's a bit on the expensive side, but if you order it online you can most of the time spare a couple of dollars.

It smells OK, but that's it. Not roses or baked goods like some people may expect, but a nice smell is in my opinion overrated. I want products that perform while I use it, not something that smells nice during application... anyway: The colour is a light green, which may scare people, but it's not dangerous in any way. When you apply it you may experience some tingling, but it wont sting unless you have sore skin prone to redness. You shouldn't leave it on for more than 10 - 15 minutes, 5 if you have very sensitive skin. This is because of the content of glycolic acid, which exfoliates and renew the skin just by being applied. And when you wash it off? WOSH. It's like you just had a facial. You just did it at home, by yourself, in less than 10 minutes. You feel refreshed and renewed, and pores and breakouts will look visibly smaller. But the final result will be most evident the morning after, when the skin has had the time to heal and repair itself during the night.

I just call this "the cinderella mask". Says enough, doesn't it? I will never part with this! Maybe when I'm older and my skin has stopped producing impurities, but by then I guess I will go over to Vit-a-plus firming treatment masque, which is also great.

PS: After using this I recommend applying a generous amount of the moisture mask from decléor. It doesn't fight impurities like this, but it gives you one hellofa boost of moisture, which you may need after wearing this mask. If you have very rough and oily skin, you can also use the scrub from MD formulations before using the masks, just to remove dead skin. Mentioned combo will leave you with a "I can't stop stroking my supersoft skin" face!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by coleena1

Fantastic for problem skin. I'm in my upper 30s and have all of a sudden gotten a few problem pimples/milia (whitehead like bumps under the skin) mainly on one cheek, and this has worked wonders. My open pores also seem dramatically smaller. I first tried this when I bought the Anti Blemish kit that you can buy for around $60 (great affordable way to try the products), and have since bought all of the full size products. Doesn't smell particularly nice, but for the results I couldn't care less! I would absolutely recommend this range for those that want to see actual results, and are not worried about packaging frills and flowery smells!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by MartheNik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mask is GOLD for acne-prone skin! You can really feel it working, and still it doesn´t irritate my sensitive skin like other masks for acne I´ve tried. And it actually works. It really helps my skin during "the time of the month" and as long as I use this once or twice it helps my face stay spot-free!

The smell is a little off, especially the first couple of times when I used it, but now I´ve got used to it and I don´t mind.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Norsu

I can really feel this mask working on my skin. It is really strong for my sensitive skin so I just use it once a week, after peeling. After I use it I also have to put on a moisture mask to soothe the skin. It has a really strong scent, but it does not bother me very much. It has a very strong green colour too. I like the product, and I will probably buy it again. I bet this will fit even better for acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Belle84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, so I've only had this product for a couple of weeks, but already I see such a difference!

My pregnancy has really wrecked havoc on my skin, and I've gotten loads of hormonal pimples especially on my forehead and my chin.

This product really is a life-saver. It keeps my hormonal outbreaks at bay and my skin doesn't even suffer for it. I tend to get dry skin from stronger products like this, but *knock-on-wood* I haven't gotten any from this one.

I use this a couple of times a week, and I leave it on for at least half an hour, often longer.

The smell is kind of...minty-weird, but it's not really bothering me even though I'm really sensitive to smells.

Two thumpbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by kelleym27

In regards to the serum, this is my HG clearing serum. I have tried EVERTHING to clear my acne and smoothe my face and this is the only product that did the trick! I saw results overnight! I am in love!!!! It smells a little funky but I don't care.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 1:44:00 AM More reviews by billie999

Some people should take notice to the fact that this is supposed to be a review for the MD Formulations Vit-A-Plus Clearing Complex MASK. It isn't a review for the serum.

I haven't had this mask for very long, so I may have to do some editing in the future. It is a green mask and the smell is neither here nor there. It isn't extremely harsh, but it can sting a bit for people who have dryness/eczema on their face.

Anyway, the directions say to apply it for 15 minutes 2 times a week. I do that....but I decided to conduct a little experiment. I began to use this mask as a leave on spot treatment. I put it on my blemishes over night, and I have off during the days so I'd apply it during the days too. Now I hope I am NOT jinxing anything **knock on wood** but I swear it is clearing up my breakouts incredibly fast!! Once I started applying it as a leave on spot treatment, my breakouts would seemingly shrink over night.

I have only done this for a couple days. I also must stress that I DON'T leave this on for a long time over my whole face. I only leave it on the areas that are broken out. If I left it on my whole face, it would dry out my skin. I really really hope that this is the miracle I've been waiting for. So far my breakouts have reduced over the past week since I started doing this. If you're someone like me who can't wait forever to see results, I'd recommend using this the same way I do.

So far it SEEMS to be really working great. I don't want to speak too soon, but as of right now I love this product. I spent about $45 on it, and if it keeps this up...it was worth every single penny. Yes I would buy it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by hang02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Decent product. But didnt do a whole lot for me:(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First time use caused an immediate reducting in size and swellong of a large stress acne on my skin after a only a few hours. Great product with high salicyc acid. Results wont be as dramatic after continued use.