October 31, 2014 | 792 users online

Hair - L'Oreal - Feria Haircolor Hi-Lift Browns

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by itachan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really I'm impressed with the B61 hi-lift dye from L'Oreal Feria, my hair looks great. It has nice hue between medium golden brown and brown. I have natural dark brown/black hair. I used to bleach my hair to get the desired color, and I always had to trim my hair. This dye do the work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by mustardkev

I used this for the first time last week. I am 55 years old and have been coloring my hair for years. My hair is about 30% grey. I have been using Nice n Easy in Medium blond for a while with good results. Only the color looked too one dimentional.. Saw L'Oreal Feria Haircolor Hi-Lift Browns...like the hair color on the box and felt it was time for a change.
Boy what a mistake I made!! The color is awful...totally awful! It has turned my hair into a drab shade of greyish silver. I just hate it and would like to get some hair color removal product (which I have never had to use before). But don't want to damage my hair. Or put another color over this ...but, again...I don't want to damage my hair by overprocessing. Actually, this product left my hair in fairly decent condition...it is just the God Awful color that I find very aging and unattractive. Why didn't I just leave my hair alone? The color isn't even close to the color on the box.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by kelleyaddy

The L'oreal Feria line in my opinion is a pretty decent box-dye choice ... I have used the reds and browns and blacks and turned out pretty nice.... I naturally have medium to dark brown hair (my roots always come in dark) and I was at Alberson's looking at their hair dyes when I came across this "Hi-lift " collection in "down town brown" ... I thought the color was gorgeous on the box and wanted to give it a shot for $10,, which in my opinion is a little steep for a 'box-dye' color.... i wish it was on sale!

My hair is color treated, has been for many years... I usually dye my hair 4-5 times a YEAR! I will dye my entire head becuase I usually want to switch up colors because I get bored!

My hair was dyed previously to an 'auburn' darker red color ... After following the instructions on the box... dying my roots last, leaving it on 30 minutes total, the end results were fairly decent....
Of course the color isn't as light as I really was hoping,,,, it's maybe as light as the darkest shade on the color chart on the side of the box.... But All in all, I am pretty pleased.. Maybe next time if i use this again it will lighten my hair more?

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by bonton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG the worst. I put this on my virgin brown hair and It turned my hair a muted dk purple like the color the applicator bottle turns when your done using it. Where are they getting high lift color at????? I had to goto a salon and get my hair color fixed. Cost me $88.00 -I CALLED LOREAL AND INSISTED THEY PAY FOR IT. I SENT THEM THE RECEIPT AND THE BAR CODE OFF THE BOX AFTER THEY SENT ME FORMS TO FILL OUT. They reimbursed me for $70.00. They would not pay for the salon coditing treatment that my hair needed to to this product damaging my hair . Which they should of cause it caused it. My point.... Call them and complain!!! Insist on a refund if only for the price of the box of color if it does not work...they will refund you. Keep the receipt and box. You will need it

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by anniefranni3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just put in my hair. and i just thought of reading the reviews. my hair is naturally black but i had previous hair dye in it such as purple/pink i'm kind of scared now that i put it in..

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by althea77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this before I read reviews, then used it anyway, hoping it would work on my black dyed hair. Nope. It did absolutely nothing. FOR UNDYED hair. They don't mention that.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by NoirCitydame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have mixed feelings about this product. I've been using Feria dark brown #4 for some time to cover grey roots. It's great- but I wanted to go lighter. I started coloring my naturally light brown hair at home when I was a teenager. Then I went to salons in a never ending quest to get it back to the brown I'd once had, naturally, for free, growing right out of my head. I started doing my color at home again after bad experiences at salons giving me witchy-almost-black hair instead of brown, and the last straw was when I said I wanted to go lighter, and being told it wasn't possible. It is possible. I just did it. However, I had a really scary experience with this product. It seemed fine while I was applying it, but I started risnsing it out, my hair felt awful- like a burlap bag. Then I HEARD a plop, looked down, and it was a clump of my hair falling out onto the shower floor. A few more clumps followed. I was horrified- wondering if it was ALL going to go wooshing down the drain. From the way it felt, it seemed highly possible. I used almost the whole tube of conditioner it comes with, plus globs of every other conditioner I have. My hair still felt rough and burlappy. But the clumps stopped coming out. I sprayed in yet more (leave in) conditioner and let it dry naturally (I never blow dry). This is wear the mixed feelings come in- because my hair feels soft and normal now, I still have plenty of it (it's thick, I guess I could spare the clumps I lost) and the color is exactly what I had been looking for, my old color, a golden brown, not brassy at all. It didn't cover my grey so well (the product doesn't claim to be great for greys) but with the lighter brown it blends in so that it isn't that obvious. I never plan to use the Hi Lift again so now I need a product that will maintain this color without causing scary hair loss and covers my grey like a champ- reaching for the moon, yes, but then again the pros said lighter brown couldn't be done either.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by deesoso

I am baffled.. my hair was dark brown. I used this and it only lightened my hair a bit but completely damaged it to the point that it tangles. I have bleached my hair with 40 vol bleach and it was not as damaged as it is now because of this hair dye. I have tried many other feria products and love them (like the regular dye or even the highlights). But this a disaster. My hair is so dry and tangling all the time... I really don't think my hair has ever been this damaged. Maybe I got a faulty dye but I am not using this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used 'downtown brown' during 2 periods of my hair's life and have been very happy both times. My hair was far, far as far as you can possibly get from virgin. The first time, I was red for a few months (l'oreal preference intense red copper-which is great btw). Under that was a series of dyes and hilights. My natural color is medium to dark brown. I wanted a cooler, lighter color for summer so when I found this I was psyched. It worked great. Very similar color to on box. I followed the directions and had a nice cool med/light brown. Over permanent red. I kept this for a while, doing my roots as they came in which was a breeze. Most recently, I wanted to go back to a cooler brown over a series of hair misadventures including (and I'm not kidding here): bleach, crazy colors, perm colors, henna and indigo, l'oreal hicolor reds, a couple of bleach baths, and an ion demi. (Getting rid of henna and indigo is not easy, but it's possible contrary to popular belief). This was over a long period of time with many, many intense reparative treatments along the way. Lastly, I'd done a 'medium brown' in the adore plus line (a semi-perm) to try to tone down some residual warmth. Well, lo and behold it went stark, shoe polish black. And semi indeed it refused to budge with several washings. I was sad because the reason I cut my hair off into a pixie a couple months ago was to get rid of stubborn black. So I tried a bleach bath for like 5 minutes and it was kind of uneven but I was digging the medium brown it started to give. I remembered downtown brown and thought id give it a try. My hair had been through it all at this point any way so what the heck. I put it on root to tip unlike it says to. I added some 'unred' and red gold color corrector. It evened out my hair and turned out great! It is warmer and darker than what's on the box but the important thing for me here is it worked at lifting and evening out my color into a kind of neutral medium brown that looks very natural (not black and no red- yay!). I don't know why all the hatin' for this stuff as I've had a LOT of experience with at-home color, both Sally's and boxed, and this has got to be my favorite! God I hope they don't discontinue this. I can get it at 1 am from A&P for crying out loud. Going forward when I do my roots I'll pull it through with more time, seeing if it'll lighten/cool down more. It uses 25 vol developer if that is of any interest.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by pixelsicle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

As others have warned do not use this product unless you want lighter areas turning a muddy green. I used this product before with great results but it seems they have changed the formula drastically, even the conditioner isn't as great as it used to be. It USED to lighten my hair about 4 shades, this time, one shade lighter, definitely not worth the hassle of hair damage, mess and time. If its too late for some of you I have read where the application (and waiting about 30 min) of ketchup counteracts the green tones. Obviously red toners are also available at your local beauty supply store.