Burt's Bees Cherry Lip Gloss

2.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/14/2014 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Not moisturizing, not glossy, too waxy and didn't like the smell that much.

on 5/27/2011 11:55:00 AM

it's not a lip gloss - it's a lip balm. misleading name.
however, as a balm it is nice. i'm not amazingly keen on the pot packaging - i prefer sticks but as i got this as a gift i thought i'd give it a try.
i don't hate it, it's a decent lip balm. but it is quite 'blah.' doesn't really smell of cherries to me.. just had a sort of odd smell. not sure, it's not bad. there are cheaper products out there which will give you the same result. it goes on smooth, isn't sticky and feels moisturising.

on 1/21/2011 8:47:00 AM

The packaging is cute and I like the cherry smell but, and as with most Burt's bees products, thats about all I like about this product.

on 11/28/2010 12:05:00 PM

The reason I rate this highly is for the natural, delicious (but not overwhelming) cherry scent and the fact that it IS NOT STICKY AT ALL. This is one of the few glosses I've ever tried that doesn't stick to my hair when the wind blows it in my face. It's moderately moisturizing but definitely not long lasting--because it's not super sticky. This is what I'd consider a good "kissable" gloss-- it doesn't get all over your man and make him feel sticky and gross when he kisses you. The trick of applying it is to use the back of your finger tip (i.e. the back of your nail) to scrape out a sufficient amount, and then smooth it onto your lips. That way, none gets stuck under your nail, but you don't have to dip your finger in a thousand times to put on enough product. Not flashy, no pigment--just a natural, non-sticky, lightweight gloss.

on 8/13/2008 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It smells good, but doesn't last on my lips. It is more of a lip balm then a gloss because it doesn't give me much shine.

on 5/10/2008 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like this product. It smells good, goes on smooth and isn't sticky. I don't like it as much as the lip balm but it is still a great product. The only downside is that the gloss in the container loses the scent after a while. But it's still great!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I guess I didn't like this so much because I was expecting something totally different. I bought this thinking it was more of a lip gloss (which is what is says on the packaging) and a gloss that was cherry red and would add a hint of color to my lips. To my surprise when I opened it, it just looked like a regular clear lip balm to me. That was letdown number one. The second issue is a problem I've had with most Burts Bees lip products- they are really dry going on and do not apply easily. My finger hardly picks up any product and it just seems messy to dig it under my nail. This isn't terrible, just something that I will use up and not buy again. It seems like something better suited for kids or to use as chapstick. The smell is weird, but not totally off putting. You can get the same effect from Vaseline.

on 11/10/2007 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is ok. It's not really a gloss really, it's more of a balm. The scent is kinda odd.....more like cherry cough drops. I also have the lemon lime one, which to me smells like sprite!! I'll use what I have but I don't think I will repurchase.

This stuff is glossy on my lips. So I don't know why other's say this stuff isn't glossy. It isn't a lacquer gloss but definitely a satin gloss. It also lasts a very long time and i find it to be one of the few glosses/balms that I own which is truly moisturizing and keeps my lips moisturized for a long time. I also love the smell. It reminds me of cherry fruit snacks!

on 9/28/2007 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This definitely should NOT be called a gloss. It's not shiny at all, so I just use it as a balm. It does an ok job of moisturizing, although i feel as if it dries out my lips slightly. This isn't a bad product, but I wouldn't purchase it again.

Popular Lip Glosses