July 28, 2014 | 1099 users online

Concealers - Jane Iredale - Disappear

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by tmciulla

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was unable to use this despite trying all sorts if application methods until I tried mixing a pea sized amount with my sunscreen. This gives just enough coverage to conceal minor flaws....perfect for warm summer days.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by dbisbano

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Anyone who is not giving this 5 stars must not be applying it correctly! The applicator is useless. You need to use a concealer brush and the tiniest amount. I am a professional MUA and this is one my few cannot live without products. Not great for under eyes but phenomenal everywhere else. Just a little bit and blend with a brush, Using it like this is like using an eraser on your face!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a really large sample of this from my spa that sells Jane Iredale products. I was told this has natural antibiotics and that it does dry quickly, but because it helps heal it is a great product. I found myself so disappointed with this. This did nothing to help calm my acne. I was really counting on that being the girl raved about it so much. My biggest complaint is because of the drying formula. This dries so quickly even if I wet my brush with a makeup setting spray. This will dry before I can even blend it into my skin. The color is off. I had to have two shades mixed together to match my skin. Maybe because it is the formula drying too quickly, but I can never get this to blend into my skin well. Just nothing worth the trouble of this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Coming from a big Jane Iredale fan... I must say this is an absolute no!!! Under your foundation this looks like a bruise. The fuzzy applicator gets very dirty and I think it is quite unsanitary. Nor worth it for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ellka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the tube, but the applicator is useless.
Until I read previous review with application tips, I thought the product was useless too. As a test, I covered a freckle on the tip of my nose and it is now invisible with no sign of the makeup. For me, it is too drying to use around eyes or on my chin, but on small areas it works really well. However, it was not good for covering a scar. It did even the color, but to my eyes that accentuated the texture of the scar.
I rarely use it. Prefer something faster and easier but does do the job if u have something in need of total coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by cjhengen

To be honest, I hated this concealer when I first tried it. It is super thick, dries too quickly and doesn't blend well. I nearly threw it out, actually. Then I discovered that if I mix it with a bit of my liquid foundation it becomes much more blendable, and the coverage is still sufficient enough to disguise my awful dark circles. Saved! I would definitely not repurchase, though, considering the bother of mixing, the price and the plethora of safe and natural concealer options available.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by amandaleejones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this as i LOVE the pressed base, blush and spray mist. However, this was a big disappointment. At first i got the ligh/medium and it was too dark and you could see the spots i put it on. Then i got the light, and it was way too light, again you could see where i applied it.
It was much too thin to actually stay on my face, and it didn't cover very well. I found as the day went on it would get patchy where it was applied and looked cakey.
The applicator tip is not helpful at all and quite messy.
Overall i would recommend any of the other fantastic concealers out there...CoverFX, Estee Lauder, even drug store brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Ssasa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

The formula itself is great--I had a huge blemish on my forehead, and got this in utter desperation as I was leaving for a business trip. I put it on on the plane and wore it for the rest of that day, then reapplied it the next morning after my shower. It completely covered the ugly thing, and by the end of those two days it had completely dried up. Excellent product--too bad it comes in a horrible, awkward little tube that is just so messy to use. As a matter of fact, the packaging alone is so inadequate that it makes me think twice about buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by organicfanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't use this as often as I used to. I used to use this under my Jane Iredale compact mineral foundation to gain some coverage. This product is pretty good if your going to use a mineral powder over it. I admit the coverage is sheer, and it can flake quite a bit, however it's extremely gentle, and I have never broke out from it. I have repurchased it about 4 times when I was trying to cover my acne scars. Probably won't buy it again though, because I have found better products that take less effort :) Still recommend though, and will give 4 stars because it has helped me a lot in the past!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by juinfille

I love this stuff. I have mild rosacea. The Disappear seems to actually be evening out my skin tone! (the other JI products seem to be improving my skin too)

Application: I put a dot on the back of my hand and use a foundation brush to lightly apply it over my skin. (I have a large area to cover - both sides of my face.) I lightly brush one side & then the other & go back over, if needed.

Great coverage.