August 1, 2014 | 1743 users online

Eye Primer - Jane Iredale - Lid Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Terese4444

Total Dud! I love Jane Iredale pressed powder, blush and eyeshadow but this is a stinker! I purchased the Petal color and it has no primer qualities; actually does the opposite - creases, doesn't dry, slippery. Also the desription states it can be used for as a overall quick color but it doesn't work for that either.

The only thing i might be able to use this for is a brow or cheek highlight. Usually, JI is a hit but this was a total miss.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by poptart40

I bought this in Canvas thinking it was a cream eyeshadow. Found out it's an eye primer, so I tried it under eyeshadow. It has a very slippery texture and it never dried (even with the powder eyeshadow on top) so it did crease and fade. However, I found it to be better used as a cream highlighter for the face. I used some on the tops of my cheeks, the inner corner of my eyes, the Cupid's bow of my lips and down my nose. Voila! My skin has a beautiful glow! For eye primer, I normally use Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer. With that, my eyeshadow doesn't go anywhere!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

"Would you buy this product again?" Hell, no!!! If only I could turn back time, I would turn it back to the time I went into that salon, and bought this eye primer. I was sucked in by the nice, champagne-y colour with a slight sheen, and thought I could use it on its own, much in the same way as a MAC Paintpot. Already when I opened the jar, I could suspect that I had made a terrible mistake. The texture....Like vaseline. I thought it would dry down nicely, but I was oh, so wrong. It streaked on my eyelids even before I had left the bathroom. That's a gem of a primer? Not in my book. I'll continue using my TFSI, because that actually works the way it's intended to.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by 8MissT

I love a lot of Jane Iredale products but this product does not work for me, The formulation is too oily and even with applying the smallest amount to the lid area it begins to crease after an hour. This product may work for someone who does not have the problem of oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by jwong10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use the Jane Iredale Eyelid Primer in Canvas in two ways: for a base for eyeshadow and to brighten up the eyelid area and conceal mascara that accidentically get onto my skin.

In the mornings when I'm in a rush I need something that will let me get out the door on time and when mascara accidentally gets onto my skin I don't have time to get a Qtip wet it and clean up the mascara mess and eyeliner mistakes. Instead, I just take a bit of this stuff and put it over the mess since it conceals it nicely and makes the entire eyelid area brighter and seem more lively and makes me look much more awake. In other words, this stuff is amazing!

Even though it is quite expensive for a tiny jar retailing at $23 CDN at Spa Boutique spaboutique.ca it will last quite a while even though I've been using it almost every other day. The gold packaging is so cute and pretty so I always reach for it in my makeup bag and plus since its small and convenient I won't ever forgot to use it when I need to conceal something minor.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by shanta63

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this in Petal it is a pretty colour but the texture is like vasaline.
This was a total waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2009 9:21:00 AM More reviews by uqureshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Personally not great as a lid primer to keep shadow on but is great when used as a subtle highlighter or cream eyeshadow..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by roarwoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As much as I hate to write a negative review about JI product, here it goes. The three colors are lemon, canvas and petal. Now, in all fairness, canvas and petal are very nice if you want some highlight on your lids that is subtle and soft. But you have to use a microscopic amount, otherwise you have greasy looking eyelids. As a primer, this product didn't work for me at all. It made my eyeshadow crease significantly, as opposed to wearing it without any primer. The texture is very slick, and I noticed right away that the shadow didn't sit on top of the primer very well. I have applied the product and let it 'dry' for a few minutes but I still had the same result everytime. Eventually I gave up, threw it away and went back to Benefit's Lemon Aid, which works wonderfully.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by pauliewalnuts

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in lemon to counteract the red/purple in my eyelids and to smoothe out the crepey skin before applying the Jane Iredale lid gloss. I pat a very small amount of the primer on and then apply the eyegloss or just go with the primer alone. If you have discolored eyelids or dry, crepiness, this works extremely well.
From the negative reviews it appears that this is not for thoses with oily eyelids. But - it is great for those of us with dry lids and discoloration - in other words, older ladies.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by jjade333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was such a waste of money, alot of money. It makes your eyeshadow go into the greasy creases it creates. i am a jane iredale fan and i cant believe they have put out such a crappy product.