April 24, 2014 | 1367 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - Kawai 5 Color Eyeshadow

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by SelenaSerena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I still have this palette. I love the colors but hate the offensive shimmer. It scratches my eyelids and falls down all over my face. I can even feel the metallic particles with my skin! Can you imagine? This is not safe I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2004 12:08:00 AM More reviews by pinkice

omigod I really loved this one until it smashed into a million zillion pieces. I have to buy it again I would wear it every day. The purple was the first color to go. And it was so sparklie. I used every single color. Best eyeshadow colors I ever had!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2004 7:27:00 PM More reviews by DENF

I'm a ppp who likes understaed makeup but was looking for a bit of glitz for a cruise. The colors in the pan were lovely, but saddly that is not the way they apply. There is very little pigment in these shadows and even wearing the colors wet only yielded a subtle color that faded after a short time. Three of the lighter colors looked so similiar on, it seemed pointless to call them different shades. When you first apply the shadow, the sparkles seem very subtle because there weren't very many on the surface of the pan. But after you scrape off the very top layer the sparkles take over and they are absolutely everywhere. I could have dealt with them though if only there had been some great color to go with them. Dior should be ashamed for putting their name on this. I was going to save this for my curise, planned on wearing on my cruise for but thankfully I decided to experiment with looks beforehand. This sucker went back.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2004 5:57:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG, it's almost impossible to use these eyeshadows. I didn't listen other reviewers here and didn't believe that the glitter thing is such horrible in this summer edition stuff...I was so attracted with those cool, glittery colours that I decided to buy it in spite of bad reviews here. But no matter how carefully I use this my face is full of glitter. I really feel stupid - what did they in Dior think!? Probably I'll use just a tiniest bit of it for nights out (sometimes!?)...but for daytime use!!??? - I don't think so.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2004 10:45:00 AM More reviews by sisterdes

even though the tones were cool and not as pigmented as other dior e/s, I really liked these shadows. In fact I'm wearing them today. I blended them together for an iridescent pink purpley look :)

I agree with the other about the silver glitter fallign everywhere though, if you dont' powder under your eyes before you use this eyeshadow you'll be picking sparkles off your face all day. Otherwise, the sparkles can be wiped off easily. I love the colour, I wish they didn't put in the glitter though! I would probably buy colours from this collection elsewhere rather than subjecting myself to the glitter dilemma again..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2004 10:47:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

A massive disappointment from Dior. $50 CDN for five shades is a great deal, but none of these colors (all very cool tones) worked on my NC30 Asian skin. It was glitter, glitter, glitter and barely no color. Save your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2004 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Roxybc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had such high hopes for this product. I loved the colors when I tried them on my hand from the tester unit. When I applied the shadows to my lids at home, all the sparkles in the shadows ended up underneath my eyes and on my cheeks. NONE were left on my eye lids!!! I have other shadows with sparkles in them, and that had never happened before. The texture and pigments of the colors themselves were really nice, so I would try Dior shadows again, but not any with sparkles.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2004 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Astyra

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Consists of the following colors (all containing silver glitter):
Subtle shimmery white with a champagne sheen

Iridescent pale fleshy pink

Iridescent light-medium pinky peach that flashes a cool pink

Medium rosebud pink

Medium pinkish lilac

This would have been a nice set of colors if it weren't for the excessive glitter, which made the e/s feel kind of gritty. After only a couple of uses, a layer of glitter "buildup" has already accumulated on the e/s surface. However, they are nicely pigmented.

I was digging through my stash and found lookalikes for some of these shades, minus the glitter. Here's what I found:

MAC Vanilla pigment is similar to the lightest shade, but more shimmery

MAC Petalescent looks almost identical to the pink shade on my lids

MAC Pushup Pink (Chromezone 3 quad) is almost identical to the lilac.

Retails for $50 CDN