Cover Girl WetSlicks - Hot Tropic

4.5

on 7/13/2005 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a limited edition in a pack of CG products. I love the color! It is sheery pink and sexy. The only down side is I have to reapply it often to keep it pretty and shimmery.

on 8/23/2004 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hot Tropic is a very bright fushcia/purple in the tube that goes on sheerer. On my lips it is a sheer purple/muave. It is very shiny w/ a thin texture, like all Wetslicks. This particular shade smells like cake batter, but then seems to change to...cardboard? I don't know...not sure about repurchasing because I don't like the color that much & the smell isn't very pleasent...I'll put yes for now though.

on 8/21/2004 1:56:00 PM

Hot Tropic is a LE edition of the Wetslicks line for Summer '04.. I bought it off at Target due to the statement that Molly Sims expressed in the Lucky magazine. I mean she's supposed to rave about CG products, but I just can't help but to try this gloss on. When I saw it, It was a bright fuschia.. I kind of smiled because I haven't worn "purple" glosses for a long time.. and I kind of liked how it does enhance my pale-ness. Plus.. purple and burgundy is in for the fall season.. so it could also be a staple gloss during that. Wells.. I was not disappointed.. The color is beautiful. It's not quite sheer.. and not quite opaque.. but the layers can definitely build up the color - - but one coat is enough for a beautiful stain.. Also, a plus is it's not overly sticky and the scent doesn't give me a headache.

on 7/12/2004 9:57:00 PM

I love this color! I read that Molly Sims loves this shade so after returning the awful Firefly one, I got this instead. Its kinda bright in the tube but on my lips it looks really nice. I think this will be my staple lipgloss. I could actually see myself using the entire tube...its just so pretty.

on 6/15/2004 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this about 10 minutes ago, and just tried it on. I love it! Hot Tropic looks like this really bright fuchsia but when applied is not nearly so bright. It's sheer when applied and gets deeper when layered. It's not sticky at all and has a faint pleasant vanilla scent.
This is the perfect summer color (which is exactly what I bought it for)

on 6/14/2004 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Hot Tropic is a lovely vibrant magenta pink with an infusion of fuchsia. On lips the colour is subtle yet pigmented, if that makes any sense. I love the slick non-sticky feel of these glosses, and the alcohol spiked-vanilla cake smell.

on 6/5/2004 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

what a great color... its bright in the tube when applied its sheer... it adds great shine.

on 5/26/2004 2:22:00 PM

Hot Tropic is a pretty punchy pink/fuscia with a blueish hint. Very pretty in the tube and when worn. It goes on very sheer, mostly adds a pinkish shine. The feel is very slippery. It does need to be reapplied quite often. Since the color goes on so sheer, I can easily apply it without a mirror.

Recommended for Medium Skin