August 1, 2014 | 1772 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Nymph Loose Shimmer Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a perfect highlighter, with shimmer not glitter. And this powder has what I'm looking for. The colour is very white, perfect for me being a pale scandinavian, it works even during the palest winter time. I use it with my blush-brush and sweep it over my chekbones. The highliter stays in place, I was afraid it would fall down and end up all over my face, but it didn't!!! It stays on almost all day. I love it, but it's very expensive. I will try to find an equal product that's a bit cheaper.

Overall: Great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

This is a fantastic face brightener, highlighter, you name it. It replaces my cream base white by Mac. Why? Because of it's easy application. It's a powder in a tiny jar. I tip the powder into the cap and take my smallest blush brush and sweep it across the top of my cheekbones, top of nose, and chin area.
1. Quality? The highest, in my opinion!
2. Longevity? It has great staying power!
3. Price: High end, but I got in on sale at Hautelook!
4. Adaptability: excellent, in looks as if you have a fantastic inner glow! It opens up your face! The powder doesn't set on top of your skin, it dissolves into your skin but is still THERE!
CON: I read about it since there's nobody around here that carries Becca. So I splurged on it, ecstatic that it was on sale! The color is white, but not an overdone white! It's glowy! (new word)
JUST LOOOOOVE IT AND WILL DEFINITELY RE-ORDER! PURE PERFECTION!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 10:50:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So subtle it's pretty much invisible. I prefer Alima's loose shimmer powder in d'Oro or Whisper - no glitter at all but more oomph.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2006 6:22:00 PM More reviews by turksoa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This loose shimmer powder is exactly what I've been looking for. I've seen Carmindy on What Not to Wear use something just like this on some of the participants but I never knew what brand it was or where I could get it. I can tell Carmindy uses it herself because her cheekbones always have that light and lovely shimmer to them. I ordered this from Sephora on Tuesday night around 8pm and my package arrived on Saturday via regular mail (just in time to use for the memorial day weekend). I went to a bon fire party on Saturday night and a friend I hadn't seen in awhile commented on how great & glowing my skin looks. I told her my secret (that & it was also looking great due to the wonderful mineral makeup I use from the makeupartistschoice.com website and from doing a few TCA peels (which I also get from MUAC). The Becca shimmer just puts a little extra glow to my cheekbones that people definitely notice! I apply it with a kabuki fan brush I got on MUAC's website (can ya tell I love MUAC too?)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2006 3:40:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Texture: Extremely fine, like dust, 'melts' right into the skin rather than sitting on top. Scent: Like all of the Becca items I've used, this has a sort of faux-rose/floral scent that is strong initially but eventually goes away. Color: Very pale (whitened) beige that is neutral-to-cool because it can look a wee bit silvery against warmer tones if dusted on too heavily. It resembles Wet 'n' Wild's All Over Shimmer or Stila's Kitten. It is quite flattering on me (LLL/neutralish/yellow undertones) when dusted lightly onto the 'high' points of my face (cheekbones, bridge of nose, browbones, chin)--like other reviewers have noted, this stuff aims light at those areas but isn't sparkly, shiny or fake-looking. I did lightly dust this all over my face (just because) and was shocked at how not-bad it looked--angelically glowing; sorta like I was being filmed through a soft-focus lens. Of course, it's not the most natural look, but might be fun for going out at night. But used with a light hand, it's quite natural (for reference, the sheen/glow is more noticeable than MAC Strobe Cream, and most reminds me of Revlon Skinlights, though it's not sparkly). The sifter jar I have isn't the most beautiful object in my collection, and I wish it had a screw-off top since pulling the cap off sends powder flying out in a little poof. But the amount is extremely generous and should last quite a long time, even with daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2006 8:11:00 PM More reviews by princess_toasted_marshmal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this on my eye area the same way as the reviewer prior to me, and sometimes on my shoulders and collar bone. It is beautiful! I love BECCA's powders because they are undetectably shimmery, very natural. MAC NW15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2005 10:21:00 AM More reviews by freshsami

This stuff is an instant face/skin brightener! I used to use NARS The Multiple in Copacabana from the inner corners of my eyes, across the tops of the cheeks towards the temples, but Copacabana has a lot of shimmer, and doesn't work on top of powder, so it's hard to touch up. Nymph's power is in its subtlety--it has no color, really; it just looks like LIGHT ["light" as in "sunlight"]. I use a huge brush to put it all over the eye area (like the opposite, color-wise, of a panda). The effect? I don't know how to put other than it seems to open up your face.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2005 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Lipglossdoll

This is a loose, shimmery pale beige, nearly white highlighting powder. On the cheekbones it looks fab. It gives my a slight glow, not overly done at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2004 6:40:00 PM More reviews by airickuh

I didn't like this color at all- even though I'm a pale, cool toned gal, I thought this was too light. I lightly applied to my cheek and looked as though a piece of chalk attacked my face. As a body highlighter, it's ok, but nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2004 12:37:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first Becca product I have tried and I must say I'm pleased. The shimmer powder is a softly glowing highlighter. It makes cheekbones and browbones look amazing. The colour Nymph is a barely there pinked beige. Looks perfect on my cool-toned PPP skin. I can't say enough......