December 19, 2014 | 1586 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Hydrience Hair Color

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by triste3030

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

They discontinued Hydrience! So disappointed =(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by lectriceye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this hair dye, but i'm pretty sure it's been discontinued. If it hasn't it's impossible to find anywhere. I use the light golden blonde (sunrise) and/or dark golden blonde (bamboo). I got lucky with these shades as they have just enough red in them that make me border on the line of blonde/strawberry blonde. Sadly though I'm looking for a replacement since they're no where to be found. Anyone know of a dye thats comparable to this one?

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2009 9:52:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryBlonde27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, I have really light blonde hair. And I was thinking of going some shades darker. I was looking in the Clairol site and I found the SeaShell Shade, which was very appealing to me.
I have to say I didn't like it that much. It fades very quickly and it dried out my hair...I never had my hair in such a bad shape. Will not buy again. For sure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been dying my hair for over 6 years (I'm 20) and have been using this formula for 5 of those 6 years for one simple reason: For me, it is almost fade proof. I have tried several other hair dyes that fade very quickly or do not look nearly as rich and even. The color I use right now (and have used in the past when I wanted black) is Black Pearl and its beautiful, shinny, black that does not fade!
When I first starting using this formula, they did have a 1 minute pre-color treatment. I skipped using it at first since I didn't want to bother with an extra step, but after a couple of times decided to give it a try and WOW am I glad I did!! When using it about 2 inches from scalp and putting through the hair evening, it absolutely does ensure even distribution of color. I used to ALWAYS get damned close to running out on my mid-length hair and ALWAYS managed to find spots I missed, but not after using the pre-color treatment. I'm not sure what the ingredients are, but it smells kind of nature-y and is amazing at working with what you have. I usually still have 1/4 or 1/5 of the bottle left when I am done and my hair still has even, long-lasting color!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2009 1:26:00 AM More reviews by CRAZY4MAKEUP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only hair dye that doesn't make the roots of my hair lighter and the ends darker. I get an all over same color. I usally get the Sable Cove and yes it almost looks black but the color fades a bit after a week.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by henwen88

I bought this in Sable Brown, overall I liked this hair dye, but the color turned out waaaaay darker than pictured on the box :/ I was trying to dye my hair back to its natural color and it came out WAY dark brown, nearly black. However, my hair is super shiny and soft, so it's actually a good hair dye.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by xod0llfacexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

wow, this was a life saver! i had horrible orange-yellow hair from bleaching, and it really fixed my hair. I used Seashell-medium blonde. It turned out a really pretty blonde color with no orange at all! the only thing i didn't like was that the conditioner did nothing at like all. other then that, this stuff is great!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2008 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Tabbymom

I bought this in Cocoa Harbor (light brown). It is flat, dull color. I'm going back to nice n easy (my natural h/c is med brown).

THIS BRAND RUNS DARK. BUMP UP ONE SHADE.

I gave it some credit because it was a wonderful application texture with no-drip and no smell. But the color is just totally flat.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Ghoulina

I bought this in "Sunshine" to touch up my roots because my local market hasn't been stocking my shade of Palty.

The box showed that dark brown hair would turn a strawberry blonde shade. My hair is now dark red. I am not happy.

This hairdye joins SmartColor and Feria on my shitlist. It smells especially horrible, feels greasy when you're trying to wash it out and just doesn't work as well as the box indicates.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by feeb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for several years and have been really happy with it. After searching everywhere for my medium golden brown colour and not seeing it on anywhere. I decided to phone Clairol to ask if there has been a recall on this product.They told me there is no recall but the Hydrience has been discontinued.Great now I have to search for an another haircolour that doesnt give me headaches with the fumes.