Clairol Hydrience Hair Color

3.4

on 2/17/2015 8:59:00 AM

Another product that has bitten the dust. I have been able to order it from Amazon sellers and other places since it's been discontinued but now, it's unavailable anywhere. I found two remaining places to purchase it online recently but sent both back as they arrived damaged.
I wrote and called Clairol as part of a large online group of women who desperately want this or a clone back on the shelf, but to no avail. From what I've read here and elsewhere, other hair colors do not do the job like Hydrience which is so gentle and the color perfect and lasting. With Hydrience, my hair did not break down and become brittle and damaged over time. The color stayed fresh and true until it was time to dye it again. I now have a 2-3 inch growth of gray and brown and not really sure what to do about it. Don't want to damage thin, chemically treated, very dry hair with a lesser product.

on 11/20/2013 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

They discontinued Hydrience! So disappointed =(

on 11/2/2010 2:47:00 PM

I love this hair dye, but i'm pretty sure it's been discontinued. If it hasn't it's impossible to find anywhere. I use the light golden blonde (sunrise) and/or dark golden blonde (bamboo). I got lucky with these shades as they have just enough red in them that make me border on the line of blonde/strawberry blonde. Sadly though I'm looking for a replacement since they're no where to be found. Anyone know of a dye thats comparable to this one?

Well, I have really light blonde hair. And I was thinking of going some shades darker. I was looking in the Clairol site and I found the SeaShell Shade, which was very appealing to me.
I have to say I didn't like it that much. It fades very quickly and it dried out my hair...I never had my hair in such a bad shape. Will not buy again. For sure

on 3/20/2009 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have been dying my hair for over 6 years (I'm 20) and have been using this formula for 5 of those 6 years for one simple reason: For me, it is almost fade proof. I have tried several other hair dyes that fade very quickly or do not look nearly as rich and even. The color I use right now (and have used in the past when I wanted black) is Black Pearl and its beautiful, shinny, black that does not fade!
When I first starting using this formula, they did have a 1 minute pre-color treatment. I skipped using it at first since I didn't want to bother with an extra step, but after a couple of times decided to give it a try and WOW am I glad I did!! When using it about 2 inches from scalp and putting through the hair evening, it absolutely does ensure even distribution of color. I used to ALWAYS get damned close to running out on my mid-length hair and ALWAYS managed to find spots I missed, but not after using the pre-color treatment. I'm not sure what the ingredients are, but it smells kind of nature-y and is amazing at working with what you have. I usually still have 1/4 or 1/5 of the bottle left when I am done and my hair still has even, long-lasting color!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is the only hair dye that doesn't make the roots of my hair lighter and the ends darker. I get an all over same color. I usally get the Sable Cove and yes it almost looks black but the color fades a bit after a week.

on 2/2/2009 3:36:00 AM

I bought this in Sable Brown, overall I liked this hair dye, but the color turned out waaaaay darker than pictured on the box :/ I was trying to dye my hair back to its natural color and it came out WAY dark brown, nearly black. However, my hair is super shiny and soft, so it's actually a good hair dye.

on 11/1/2008 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

wow, this was a life saver! i had horrible orange-yellow hair from bleaching, and it really fixed my hair. I used Seashell-medium blonde. It turned out a really pretty blonde color with no orange at all! the only thing i didn't like was that the conditioner did nothing at like all. other then that, this stuff is great!

on 9/3/2008 7:47:00 AM

I bought this in Cocoa Harbor (light brown). It is flat, dull color. I'm going back to nice n easy (my natural h/c is med brown).

THIS BRAND RUNS DARK. BUMP UP ONE SHADE.

I gave it some credit because it was a wonderful application texture with no-drip and no smell. But the color is just totally flat.

on 8/14/2008 1:17:00 AM

I bought this in "Sunshine" to touch up my roots because my local market hasn't been stocking my shade of Palty.

The box showed that dark brown hair would turn a strawberry blonde shade. My hair is now dark red. I am not happy.

This hairdye joins SmartColor and Feria on my shitlist. It smells especially horrible, feels greasy when you're trying to wash it out and just doesn't work as well as the box indicates.

Popular Hair Color Products