October 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Rage Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by slipping_glimpser

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you happen to be one of people with some type of odd ph in your lps that turns just about all red lipsticks fuschia this is the red for you.
It is a stunning red with brown undertones but not so brown that it looks dated. I have very light blue eyes and for some reason this shade brings out the color of my eyes. Overall, it is one of those lipsticks on my skin tone (nw 20) that brightens the face. It is not garishly bright and doesn't create the clown look.
This is one of my top 10 reds.
One lipstick off because of this date is has been sent to outlands of discontinued products by MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by chaospearl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's so funny how many of these positive reviews mention red hair. I too am a warm-toned redhead and this is my HG red lipstick. It's a gorgeous deep brick red color with some brown and a bit of copper to it and a faint shimmer. Very similar to Viva Glam I (which is oh-so slightly cooler and pinker). As some have mentioned, Rage seems a bit more dry than most other MAC lipsticks, but I happen to think that's a positive because it keeps the color on longer. If you wear a dark red lipstick you're going to be reapplying frequently, there's no avoiding that no matter what brand or formula you choose. I like that Rage wears evenly and leaves a stain even when it's time to reapply, so I'm never sporting that ring-around-the-mouth clown look that can happen when a red lipstick rubs\wears in the center and stays put around the edges. Overall, fabulous!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by kitty62

This is my go-to nighttime lipstick -- a dramatic warm red with a subtle copper-gold twinkle that's nicely incorporated into the color. Fresh Moroccan pulled too bright-pink on me, and a MAC artist steered me toward this instead. Rage is deeper, warmer and a bit more brown than FM, and without FM's thick gold-glitter overlay effect. The formula seems creamier than most of MAC's Frost lipsticks. I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer the drier consistency. This tends to bleed slightly, which is why it's not getting the full 5 rating. (Fair but not super-pale, neutral leaning toward warm, Laura Mercier Beige Ivory/Stila C, dark reddish-brown hair, dark brown eyes.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 10:12:00 AM More reviews by sheilaKL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great red lipstick for redheads! It is a deep warm red with copper shimmer that really flatters my pale warm complexion and makes my eyes pop..i usually know if it is a good color for me when i notice my eyes before the lipstick LOL weird i know. Anyway I took one lippie off b/c the MAC frost formula tends to be drying, but i am willing to suffer for the color. No bleeding but i feel that a good balm is a must under this lipstick, however it has great staying power and is more of a semi-matte finish..no metallic frost. Excellent for Fall and winter! (NC15 redhair aqua eyes)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2007 10:02:00 PM More reviews by gertymcdowell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this in a B2M, I was leaning towards Strength or Lame but the mua talked me into this. It pops against my red hair, green eyes, and fair complexion, and has good staying power for a frost, but find I don't wear it very often. I think i'll look good on lots of girlies. I won't repurchaes, only because I'm sure I could find a cheaper d/s equivalent.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2007 11:54:00 AM More reviews by CraxFactor

Turns my grey-green eyes blue! Try to remember to apply lightly, but I love the color so much I usually go dark and vampy anyway. Personal fave, even though it looks like the nude lip is never going away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am pale (NW15-20) and VERY orange. Makeup artists at counters have become frustrated with me because I don't LOOK that warm-toned, and they try the normal assortment of "neutral" reds on me, and shade after shade turns fuchsia.

This is the first high(ish)-end red I ever bought, and it was about the sixth one I tried at MAC. It's just orange enough, doesn't turn fuchsia. It really is a gorgeous colour. Since then I've discovered several other MAC reds that work for me (Chili and Lady Danger are my current favourites) but on me this is still a lovely, pink-based red. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by gigglemommy

warm redheads take note...this is 'the' red. oh yes. it has the perfect balance of red, rust, brown, and gold pearl. it does *not* appear too orange or rusty on my pale complected self, which has been the problem with most warm reds i've tried. it's a little dry IMO, but try a dab of Saphoric lip gelee with it...amazing! apply lightly with a lipbrush and you have a great everyday lip. a little heavier application will give you a very glamorous look :) HG red!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by frgrl616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NC45...This really reminds me of "O" and I love it!!! I bought this with Ornamental lustreglass (per the SA's suggestion" and I'm in love w/ the combination.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2006 5:58:00 PM More reviews by lipcrazy

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this color. It is a dark frosty red, that has some bronze and almost orangy undertones. It is my favorite lipcolor, but I do think it might be better suited for darker skintones(I am a NC42, by the way).