September 22, 2014 | 1998 users online

Body Scrubs - St.Tropez - Self-Tan Remover

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works well to remove self tanner from hands after application. This is part of my self tan regimen. Mildly abrasive but will not tear up ones skin.

This will not work on self tanner that is already set in. Bottle states up to 4 hours, I'd say more like within 1 hour of application.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by fmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a beauty therapist and the bad reviews on this product are mostly because people haven't used this product as it is intended.
The description of the product says it is best to remove tan immediately after application, and up to 4 hours after that.
It is NOT something to correct those little horrors on the hands and feet the next day.
So, you could use it for removing bits that have got onto your palms and feet when self tanning just after you have applied it. It is not intended for whole body either, just elbows, hands, feet, soles of your feet etc.
It works great for that.
For the other, I recommend scrub, scrub scrubbing with lemon juice!
This product however will eliminate your need to do this if used properly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by alee26

This product is a lifesaver. I had horrible orange stains on my feet, palms and knuckles from getting sprayed tanned for a friend's 21st. This took care of it. It works best straight after you get the fake tan since the longer the fake tan sits in your skin, the harder it is to get off. Also good as a corrector when applying a self-tanner yourself. One bottle will last me for forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing! I put on st tropez last night & had to touch up my feet & wash hands. This stuff makes it WAY easier to remove the tan in seconds! It used to take me 20 mins to wash my hands w/o this stuff. I will ALWAYS have a bottle of this when using st tropez :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Happyfaced

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It smells gross but it does work to get rid of St Tropez tan from my palms and heels. however, you do need to use it soon after applying.It makes a horrible murky coloured exfoliating paste as you scrub your hands with it, but you'll soon see all of the tan wash off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2006 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this product is really good. I used it to remove fakebake self-tanner off my hands and it came off easily. I am not a fan of wearing gloves so this is perfect for me. To anyone who hates gloves, I recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2005 9:18:00 AM More reviews by HelenEdmundson

I have used this to get rid of St Tropez tan from my palms immediately after applying it and it has worked 100%. I don't think it is supposed to work equally well with other brands, nor can you use it if you wake the next day with blotches. It has to be used very soon after applying the tan.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2005 8:11:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I thought this was something else when i purchased this. This is to remove self tanner from the palms of your hands. Its a liquid with buffer type chunks in it to exfoliate. It is basically just like any body scrub but more soapy. It does clean your hands well and would be perfect for anyone who gets orange palms or hates using gloves. I however, thought this would get rid of mistakes i made after self tanning. It doesnt do a great job getting rid of already developed tan. I tried using it around my ankles but you have to rinse the product off, (so you basically need a shower or washcloth) and the color didnt change much at all. Worked the same as any type of exfoliater. So this was not for me. I was looking for a product to correct developed self tanning mistakes not a hand cleanser. Great idea for those who hate gloves though. *update* I have since started using this frequently when i self tan. Instead of gloves, I just apply this afterward, and no orange palms. Just a quicker way of self tanning. The ease of this makes me want to repurchase.!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2005 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Mickster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this product 3 times, following provided directions to a T. Never once did it work I always ended up with orange palms, and it smelled worse than the self tanner itself. I paid $15 for it at BBW. Unimpressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2004 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Tuscana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My latest great discovery ... to take the self-tanner off your palms (no more worries, get as yucky as you want when self-tanning). It actually works! and smells like peppermint. The beautiful pump bottle looks nice and chic in your bathroom.