October 20, 2014 | 1185 users online

Fragrances - Salvador Dali - Laguna

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by WorthlessWonder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been dying to own this scent! Dalí is one of my favourite artists and because of that I decided that I should give his perfumes a try when I was vacationing in Spain several years ago. Despite the odd bottle (it's a pair of lips with a nose on top, hehe) Laguna was my favourite out of the ones I tried and it has been stuck in my mind ever since.
Back then I wasn't aware of the notes and I was scared that I wouldn't like it anymore after finding out about them. I'm not a big fan of pineapple and it tends to be overly sweet in scents on me. Lucky for me, Laguna did not disappoint and it is still the same lovely, mysterious and mesmerizing scent. I'm so happy that I got this. I got compliments while wearing it from even the most criticizing people!

Laguna is a vacation in the shadows of a hot, humid Mediterranean town laying low in the valleys. I wouldn't call it a beachy scent, but it reminds me of vacation nonetheless. Whenever I smell it on me I just relax and at the same time it energizes me too. It's impossible to be stressed out while wearing this lovely fragrance. Its notes are blended really nice and the scent itself is slightly sweet, but creamy. Laguna also has a certain mysterious depth. Not deep enough to be sexy, provocative and seductive, but it does tease and stimulate the mind to make it slowly lose control.

On my skin Laguna is a lovely mixture of pineapple, vanilla, coconut and a hint of musk and wood. Very fruity, which I love. It smells like a delicious tropical drink with some vanilla ice cream added in. It's vaguely reminiscent of Pina Colada, without the alcohol smell. The dry down is mostly vanilla and a hint of powder, yet it still smells fruity and a bit tropical. Laguna remains incredibly fresh and fruity despite the slightly powdery dry down.

This is definitely one of my favourite perfumes ever. I have never smelled anything quite like it, and everything is blended together just right. Not a single note overpowers which makes it very interesting to wear, because you smell different notes and combinations every single time. I look forward to wearing this for many more years! This is perfume done right.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought on my first holiday abroad to Paris and so the scent is forever associated with the glamour of that city. Every time I spray it I am transported back there and to 1993! It is an unusual scent, one which was not popular in the uk but it was good to go out and be wearing something different to the eternity drenched masses. It is a perfume that can be worn in any season. Initially it is quite strong for about ten minutes but settles quickly. This is a must buy in the duty free but is getting so hard to find. I would not say it has great longevity but it is so different it is a pleasure to wear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would never in a million years have given the Salvador Dali drugstore perfume brand a try if it hadn't been for Luca Turin's perfume guide. Laguna is available in a tiny 15 ml bottle at my local drugstore and retails for 4,95 EUR in that size, so an absolute bargain.

The scent is quite sheer on me, though with decent lasting power for an EDT. I would describe this as a mixture of green, herbal notes with a hint of fruit overlaid by an aquatic feel, a bit like a less lush, sweet and potent version of Cacharel's Eden (which I love.) This is an interesting, evocative fragrance that doesn't aim to please by pushing all the usual buttons, but I find it a little too wan and melancholy on me. I think this is a true unisex scent and I would urge anyone to try it out, I just don't think I will buy the full size when I'm finished with my tiny bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by blueelm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful little gem of a fragrance. I purchased the EDP unsniffed for no particular reason, and tried it on without knowing anything about it or even about the original Laguna. I love this scent, which I find has that same elusive Scotch® Tape note I've loved in other scents.

It's a strangely salty, chilly, modern, and brisk scent with a soft white musk heart.

Initial Spray: Eau De Bugspray. I thought this would be awful. It starts out with a harsh chemical burst of citrus that almost seems fit to scrub your toilet. Mercifully this fades almost immediately.

Middle: Transparent, both chemical and natural. Slightly plastic, and yet soft with vanilla and musk. Very faintly fruity, but the fruit is so far in the back. This smells like a pool toy floating in the water, or like tape. If you bought CDG looking for copier toner and tape like I did, you might like this scent.

Drydown: Salty and creamy. This dries down to a cool, aquatic, skin musk. Very pretty. Surprising after going through such a weird phase, to find that this dries down to a perfectly lovely office perfume. It's just a tad bit bright and brisk, just a hint of citrus, just a splash of surrealistically blue water.

I'm impressed by this scent which I probably would not even have bothered with if I'd read about it first and realized it was a flanker and that Laguna was described as a fruity floral (I don't typically like fruity florals). I believe this was created by Mark Buxton, who also created the original scent.

The bottle is garish but kind of cool. It's the same bottle as the original Dali perfume, with large lips and a strange nose for the cap. This one is reflective aqua, which makes it less obviously mouth-like and more alien. All around worth it, particularly considering that this isn't a very expensive perfume.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Dagney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wanting to try Laguna as I heard it was created by Marc Buxton. Opens with lovely fruit notes with citrus and florals. I was really liking this fragrance until the drydown. In the end turned to bug spray on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2008 8:07:00 AM More reviews by lilynda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is nothing offensive about this fragrance, although it's not really special either.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Lietuva

It`s a very fresh, warm scent and really nice for warmer weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by eiviz

I usually dont't like scents from early 90s, but this one is exception.
I don't know how to describe it, you have to experience it on your own. But it's one damn good scent. One of my favs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 3:45:00 AM More reviews by magicalmoongoddess

Laguna is one of my all time favourite fragrances and will always remain so, as there is nothing that smells even remotely like it. Someone mentioned In Love Again below, but I don't think they are even remotely similar. Laguna just reminds me of the ocean. I can't pick any notes that smell like anything in particular, but this fragrance to me is the smell of the ocean in a bottle. It's fresh, yet a bit powdery and quite clean smelling. The lasting powder is incredible and the scent overall, very unique.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2006 12:55:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

This is probably the most unusual smelling fragrance that I have ever smelled, yet very appealing. I bought this on a trip to Mexico about 15 years ago. I fell in love with it. It smells like nothing else that I have ever smelled, not really floral, not really fruity, not spicy...not sure what it is, but you must smell it becaue it smells great! The bottle is interesting.

Update: I found my bottle and have worn the perfume since this review. It is a nice, ocean-like scent that is best worn in the spring, summer, or on a beach vacation.