April 17, 2014 | 1041 users online

Makeup Brushes - Smashbox - Mini Brush Collection

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2005 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Clare_3108

I have been looking for a set like this for ages, my bag I use everyhday is not terribly big and even though I have the travel brush collection it was a bit of an effort fitting it in my bag so this was perfect. I saw these advertised on QVC and at 13.50 just could not believe the price and just thought they can't be as good quality as the regular sized brushes. Thankfully I was wrong. These are just as good quality, the only downside is the blush brush is not really a blush brush it could be used as one but, with more effort than would be normal. The little black case they come in is perfect and all in all this is a brilliant little set.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2004 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I have all the smashbox brushes including the travel brush set, so when i saw this for $20, i had to order it. It is actually pretty good quality for the price, however i dont use the set as described. The mini blush brush is just too tiny, i think it makes a better allover shadow wash brush. The smudge is perfect for crease and the concealer brush is great for the lid when you want more color from your shadow. I also use the lip brush as a liner/smudge brush. Much better since it doesnt have a cap. SO basically for $20, i thought this as a complete eyeshadow brush collection and less like a compact brush set. I intermixed these brushes with my travel brush set to get a nice complete set of brushes. The quality is great too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2004 1:38:00 PM More reviews by smccormick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall, I think this little set of 4 brushes is well worth twenty bucks! The QVC description said it was 1 eye, 1 lip, 1 eye contour/definition and 1 cheek/skin.

When I got the package, the little sticker on the bag said: Mini Brsh #4, Mini Brush #6, Mini Brush #15 and Mini Brush #16. From looking at sb.com and qvc, these numbers correspond to a concealer brush (4), lip brush (6), eye definer/contour brush (15) and a blush brush (16).

The overall quality of these seems pretty darn good. Handles are the same red (but smaller of course) and the metal band holding the brushhead is black, same as the full size ones. I don't have any of those full sized ones for comparison, but the definer in particular looks exactly the same. It's got a nice dense head and wonderful bristles. The lip one looks very similar to the full size, as does the concealer one. I can see why they advertised the concealer one as an eye brush, it's got the perfect shape for applying your all-over color. The weak one was the blush brush. It seems all right, but I like a denser head on these, and this was kind of floppy. Still, much better quality than the usual little minisets I throw in my tote.

One little complaint - I do wish the lip one had a cap or something, they're all in the same plastic pouch, so if it's not entirely dry/clean, there may be some messiness. Also, when I first opened the package, the plastic pouch stank to high heaven! It gradually dissipated, so don't let this stop you from getting it. Just give it a few hours to air out:)