October 23, 2014 | 846 users online

Lipstick - Palladio - Herbal Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by ncranney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I own.... quite a few of these. Cosmopolitan, Pure Red, Just Red, Juniper, and Petal Pink. I found these after questing for a red lipstick that didn't clash with my (at the time) red hair, which is surprisingly difficult. I bought one to try it and they've easily become one of my favourites. Long lasting, great colour, applies buttery-smooth and isn't dry. Their fault is probably in the shimmers; Petal Pink is a lovely, lovely pink, but it doesn't apply evenly and needs a pink gloss over it to look decent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packaging is simple but sturdy. The price is cheap at Sally's. I have bought crappy tasting, messy lippies for 5 X the price, many times over, and now I really feel foolish!!! I am past the age when I apply lipstick in public to impress others anyway. I will be sure to buy more of these when I run out of my other shades. Tastes like vanilla, but does not irritate me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for an inexpensive, cruelty-free dupe of MAC's Pure Zen after seeing Lauren Curtis use it in her "My Beauty Tricks" video. Being that I'm on a minimalist makeup kick these days, I was immediately taken by the pinky nude luster of the shade.
So for the past month or so, I've scoured the shelves in an attempt to duplicate the look, even going so far as to visit the NYX Round Lipsticks display, which was a mistake I don't even want to discuss.
But then I remembered Palladio. They're devoted to being cruelty-free. They're inexpensive. And the local Sally's is a two-minute drive from my job.
So I decided to check out the Herbal Lipstick in Nude (3F1). And it's just about as close to Pure Zen as I've been able to find. It's not absolutely spot on, since it's not as glossy, but it's pretty dang close.
First off, the color is gorgeous. It's a warm, pinky nude with a very light wash of shimmer running throughout. On me, it doesn't pull like a frost at all, but rather a flattering shimmer that provides extra dimension.
The warmth of this lip color prevents it from being a true pink nude, but it's not so orange-based that it washes me out. It's right in the middle, brightening my complexion and making my lips look plush and gorgeous.
The texture is lovely. I find it to be quite lightweight and not overly slimy. It's creamy enough to feel hydrating, but not so creamy that it slips around my lips. So far, I've not experienced any gathering on my inner lip, which tends to happen to me with non-matte nudes.
The scent is odd, but strangely appealing. I suppose it reminds me of the lipsticks I would wear in high school, in that it's sweet and plasticky. It's like a vanilla candle, I think. I don't mind it, but those of you who don't like sweet-scented lipsticks might want to steer clear.
Packaging isn't much to look at (plain satin silver reminds me of my Rav 4, which is certainly built for function and not form, so yeah), but it's sturdy and the swatch at the bottom matches the bullet perfectly.
I picked this up for $5 and change at Sally's (they're running a BOGO free sale this week - I picked up Amethyst as well but it wasn't my favorite shade in natural light, so I passed it to my friend). That's a dang good price for such a terrific lipstick!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot even articulate my love for the scent that these have! It is the most delicious vanilla type thing, but it is not a food smell, rather like a candle. Anyway, the formula is good. I have Chianti, which I was expecting to be a full-bodied black cherry wine type color. It is NOT the same color as the tube would lead you to believe. However it is really more like a deep fuschia, nearly a berry color. I would never have bought this if I had had it described to me this way, but I really do love it. It is creamy and soft going on (lip brush helps a lot!) and dries a bit to velvety suede kind of matte. It is not flaky and doesn't fade, and I haven't noticed it bleeding without a lipliner. I really love this lipstick!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Cr13731

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I havent tried these yet but if you guys like these dont buy them on ulta! You can get them for 3.50 on cherryculture.com instead of 6!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was at Ulta browsing when I came upon these lipsticks and decided I had to try one. I got the Coral Punch and wow, I am so impressed with it! It was around $6 with tax and performs like a dept. store brand. This is a very bright (very) orangy-coraly matte color that is delightful! When I put it on I immediately smiled. It is a very pigmented color that glides on smoothly and lasts for a long time, even through eating and drinking, and there is no need to add multiple layers because one or two does the trick perfectly. No scent or taste at all. To me, it is a classic retro color and I am so pleased I purchased it.

One thing I noticed is that the head/tip of the lipstick bullet is a bit smaller than I am used to, which I liked and found application was easier. The case is a silver tube, nothing special but not negative at all. I don't find it bulky. The end has a color on it that is pretty true to what is inside, so I think it is a good basis for color selection (exactly like Cover Girl Lip Perfection). Also, what I LOVE is that they are tightly wrapped in plastic from top to bottom so there is no way someone can open and use it without your knowing. It is ultra sanitary.

I am now counting the days until I go back and buy several more. I have a feeling the other colors will also be great.

I highly recommend this lipstick and am really thrilled about this color in particular!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

(This is a review for Pure Red.)

This is a DRAMATIC, hit-you-from-across-the-room red. I originally chose it as stage makeup when I sang in a choir, so that my mouth could be seen from across the theater, and it did the trick.

But I've found that it works for off the stage, too. I find it a bit overpowering/too dressy for everyday wear (unless you really want a signature look), but it's good for special occasions, or any time you really want that classic 1950s REDREDRED look turned up to eleven. It leans ever so slightly blue rather than orange, but overall it's just what the name says - pure red.

No complaints about the packaging, except that the name of the shade isn't written anywhere on it. I was a bit alarmed when I first opened it, because the stick shows quite a bit of glitter, but this is less noticeable once it's on the lips. No smell or taste that I could notice. The duration is great - I only need to reapply once or twice in a LONG day, even accounting for meals. And, best of all, unlike some other red lipsticks I've found, it fades evenly, leaving a nice deep stain, instead of settling into, and highlightin, all the cracks and lines on my lips.

All in all, my go-to lippie for when I want to look extra-classy. I can't find it in my drugstore, where I first bought it, any longer, but I will definitely be willing to repurchase when I run out (which, given how sparingly I use it, shouldn't be for a good long while).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ochoseis

This review is specifically for the Paris Pink shade. It's a georgeus tea rose pink, great for warm skin tones, it is creamy, has a very good smell, but 'm taking a star because it has a plastic taste, not an unbearable one though.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by alecpat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

cheap looking with no staying power..guess that's a good thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by RiotElektrik

BEST LIPSTICK EVER ALONG WITH LIP PENCIL TO ASSIST! & i have fuuuuuuuuuuuuullll lips :D