November 25, 2014 | 1904 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - Retractable Blush Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There are about five different kinds of Sephora retractable blush/powder brushes listed here, so I'm not sure if I my review is in the right place. I prefer to use retractable blush brushes in my makeup bag as I've had problems with brushes getting warped and crushed. I don't recommend Sephora's product as it sheds like crazy. I have an nearly identical brush from EcoTools and it doesn't shed at all. I'd rather not spend several minutes picking hairs off my face after applying makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

Picked up this retractable blush brush a few months ago. I didn't realize it was $26 - I thought it was on clearance for $7 like the retractable foundation brush, but I decided at the register to blow the extra cash. Anyways, I have no idea if the reviews below are for the pink Sephora Collection brush or an older version (I just added that pic of the pink brush), but this is a very, very good brush. I love the angled hairs. They're super soft and feel great on the skin. My brush has had zero shedding. It washes beautifully, immediately returns to shape and dries fairly quick. And unlike other retractable brushes, I think water has a hard time getting into the barrel part. This is a fantastic brush to keep in your makeup bag or purse for everyday use, but I'm still not over the $26 price tag so I'm taking off a lippie. I guess if you have the extra cash it is worth it, but this is not a must have for your collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by quirkybox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fairly priced, brush hairs are not the finest quality but they definitely will do as an on-the-go brush. Lasts well, easy to clean, fits nicely into my makeup pouch. No complaints here!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by cymraegrrl

seriously will not stop shedding. otherwise it's decent in terms of density, portability, and softness. would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2009 3:07:00 AM More reviews by mustardandmint

I would only buy this again only if I had a discount or something because it won me over with its sleek appearance the convenience and cleanliness of a retractable and the somewhat softness of the brush but everytime I use it, I have to pick its shedding off my face or tissue when I'm cleaning it.

Having experienced that annoying aspect of this brush, it picks up colours from my compact well and saves my makeup bag from becoming a powdery mess.

Overall okay but I'm venturing to ecotools or sonia kashuk for something less expensive but still delivers

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by youcaughtmyeye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's pretty soft and applies quite nicely. I also use this brush for my bareMinerals foundation since it's a perfect size to use with it. I like how small and compact it is, as I can always carry it with me wherever I go. However, after buffing my face and swirling it around a few times, a few hairs shed in my bareMinerals lid and on my face. It's a bit annoying having to pick off the pieces of hair from my face, and for $29 (Canadian dollars), I would have expected more from this. But since it's really easy to carry and retractable, I don't think it's that bad of a brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This won't stop shedding! I have to constantly pick hairs from this brush off my face. Other than that it is nice & small for travel, very soft & reasonably priced.

Edit: I ditched this for a Sonia Kashuk blush brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by juaini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think Sephora has a couple of versions of this; I got the one in the silver casing, which I believe is the cheaper one. I bought this on sale when I was looking for a retractable brush to put in my purse for powder touch ups (I hate powder puffs and sponges with a passion and I throw them out of every single compact I own). I looked at the retractable powder brush, but this was much softer so I opted for this one although it was a bit smaller. It's quite soft and dense, but not so dense that it picks up too much powder and makes you look cakey. The smaller size is not much of an issue to me because I rarely ever touch up all over my face, just certain bits like my nose, my chin, above my eyebrows etc. It's slightly more than "just okay" to me and for that I rate it a 4 :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2008 12:28:00 AM More reviews by khanhster

I like this brush and used it a lot until it broke. As far as quality goes the brush was somewhat soft, it shed a little but I didn't mind because the packaging was genius! I use this for my mineral make up, but then somehow the glue came undone and my brush would not retract and the cap kept coming off. Anyway, I figured I got my money's worth and for $12 it wasn't bad but I'm definitely looking for something more durable next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2007 6:35:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict87

Okay so, this brush is good. It's my first blush brush so I don't really have anything else to compare it to, but it applies my blush so beautifully. I'm not used to paying for makeup brushes so when I saw the $20 price, I was tempted not to get it (yea, IDK how everyone else bought the brush for $12.. maybe it was a promotional deal or something?). I'm glad I bought it though.. it is definately an essential for proper blush application. Plus, it hardly shed!