September 30, 2014 | 1039 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - You Snap the Whip Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by sweetsera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my virgin experience with a Lush product and I am totally sold ! I was recommended by a friend to try their products and since I was looking for a body scrub, I decided to give this a try with the SA's recommendation. She was also very sweet to let my friend and myself sample before deciding which to purchase.

I can't believe how meh the reviews of this product is because it works wonders on me ! It makes me feel so moisturised and made my skin tone so much fairer.. To be fair, this product doesn't really whiten a person, so don't expect miracles. It just removes the dead skin and dirt, which makes your skin appear "fairer" and much more refreshed. Thing is, I even use this on my face and it really works !

The only thing about this product is that it melts easily. BUT, with that being said, it doesn't mean that you can't get much uses from it ! Knowing that is it of such nature, NEVER and I repeat, NEVER LET THIS TOUCH MOISTURE. I make full use out of this by using a pair of scissors to scrap away the amount I want to use and keep the rest of the bar with the original plastic wrap and in a plastic box. Then, I store it in a cool and dry place.

I've used this thrice for a full body scrub and I'm not even into a quarter of the bar yet ! So, don't complain of how you can only get 1-2 uses out of this when laziness is what gets in the way. This is meant to be a body butter, not soap and butter melts easily.

Price wise, I totally feel that this is worth it with its effectiveness on me. Though it can get a little messy due to its colour, I did not experience any staining or such in the shower. Nor did I get residues on myself after the scrub. Love the fruity smell as well!! I will definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by SugarPoppy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am an avid Lush fan, and that being said, I accept everything that others may consider a "flaw". to me, this is one of the most perfect things I have ever bought from Lush. It exfoliates amazingly, and leaves the skin buttery soft with a lovely blackcurrant smell. the truth is that it disappears quite quickly, but to me, that only means that I have to go and get another one.
however, here are some tips that will help your snap the whip last longer:
- first of all- you don't need it everyday. once or twice a week is enough.
- you don't need to rub it on yourself like there's no tomorrow, a few swipes will be enough for the butter to melt and the coal particles to scrub your skin.
- keep it in a tin and in the fridge, cut smaller cubes and take them with you in a shower, you don't need to wet the whole thing at once.

seriously, this is an amazing product that can make your skin look gorgeous. it's really worth it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge Lush fan and I like several of their products! However, this scrub just doesn't cut it for me.

I don't like the fact that it melts way too fast (I have only used it once and about 1/4 of the bar already melted, which makes it only good for about 4 showers) and that isn't exactly very economical considering the price!

Performance-wise, it was an okay scrub...wasn't the best I've tried and my skin didn't particularly feel soft afterwards.

The only good thing about You Snap the Whip is the scent, which is similar to the comforter bubble bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by ceejoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My HG scrub! So moisturising and a great exfoliator. Most scrubs don't seem to cut it. Either too harsh (like most salt scrubs I've tried) or don't seem to exfoliate at all. This one is perfect and smells amazing. Sweet and fruity and it really lingers. Sometimes leaves a residue on my skin if I have super dry patches so I occasionally wash after with Lush's shower jelly which has the same scent.

I never need to use body lotion after this scrub. Use it weekly. If you wet your skin and the bar slightly then turn the shower off you can easily get 10 uses out of the bar. Not sure why people have such trouble using this product. I loved it from the first time I tried it. If you want to ration it out then try chopping the bar up into sections and only taking one section at a time into the shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by jasminetx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I never understood the hype about LUSH until a friend introduced this and the Dream Cream to me. LUSH makes really really good products ( I thought it was all about packaging ). This leaves my skin silky smooth. Smells great. Chic packaging and friendly sales. Lemming to try more Lush products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Dengail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked the smell of this bar when I first got it....then I used it...WOW...is all I can say. I kept sniffing it thinking its smells like blackberry bubble gum! But subtle, not sickly sweet. I read some reviews and was wary and careful how to use this bar. This is not soap. I use this in the shower and turn water off or away. I rub dry bar only on areas I really need exfoliating and then put it out of the shower. I use my gentle scrub brush to spread it to other areas (all over) and even shave with it. It is a butter so I don't feel I need to slather it on thick, wasting so much. It really isn't necessary. I get the slight exfoliating I want and it's so moisturizing, I don't need my moisture bar I usually rub on after the shower and blot dry off. If I'm really dirty I use a shower gel before using YSTW. After rubbing this in with my brush, it washes off me very easily. I have about 30-40 uses of this bar in this manner. I will always buy this unique bar.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by marisalhenry

I love how this product felt on my skin, it smelled great and I do love all the other body butters I've tried from LUSH.

However, as many reviewers have previously stated, You Snap the Whip lasted maybe three or four showers before completely washing away and not only did it melt very quickly, every time i used it there was a huge black ring surrounding my tub from the residue of this body butter. If you can get past that then I recommend this product however I was unable to, as cleaning my shower after each use was quite frustrating as this isn't exactly a cheap product for four uses.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

So the only good thing I liked about this is that is smells like the comforter. It was no more exfoliating then most other cheaper brands and it stained my skin black. Wouldn't be so bad I guess if I wasn't so white but I had to scrub this off with soap and a hard loaf. Made the mistake of thinking I used it wrong and used it once more before giving up and throwing it out. Bummer. I'll stick with Buffy or flake away by soap and glory.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by polishproblem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells good, does exfoliate (but not any more than any other product), unfortunately can leave a black residue in the bath. My number one complaint, however, is how quickly it melts. You could easily go through the whole bar in a week and a half. I've found some of the other body butters hold out a bit longer (Buffy), but I think I'm just not sold on the whole body butter concept, especially since they disappear so quickly. I'd rather use a brush to exfoliate or whip up my own sugar scrub, so much less expensive, and then just use a lotion to moisturise.

Although effective as an exfoliator, it didn't really do anything else for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by klasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

"oh, wow!" was the only thing i could mutter over and over when i used this scrub.
the beads were just perfectly spaced in the bar that i couldn't help but use the bar to really scrub my body (as opposed to putting the bar down and just spreading what's already left on the skin to the other parts).
loved how the bluish black color showed me spots that i hadn't scrubbed: ) i enjoyed the scent, too! it's supposed to smell fruity but it reminded me of bubblegum instead.
my skin felt so silken after. also, i was able to skip my body moisturizer after this.
the only downside is that it melts sooo fast! i can see it lasting me up to 3 showers only--4 if i use it super judiciously!