Giorgio Armani Mania #8

on 10/9/2005 7:14:00 PM

looked very coral in tube, but is a gorgeous rose peach shimmer on. will be a staple. gorgeous with shimmer #2. one of my favorite manias!

SIGH. Yet another expensive obsession is born :( I am not sure why I have not given GA cosmetics a try before...wait a minute...I know why...it's EXPENSIVE!!! But this is an instance where the phrase 'worth every penny' can be taken literally to the T. I purchased this lipstick with a few others - there was just no two ways about it, they all looked so darn great when I tried them on that I HAD to have them. This is a GORGEOUS warm orangey red. While it may look very deep and a little offputting in the tube, it applies beautifully - far from being in your face, it come off a classy warm red with a lovely shimmer effect when hit by light. Luxurious moisturising texture, no scent and great lasting power - only wore off when I ate. Wore this with pared down, lined eyes and a peachy cream blusher to work and someone in the lift commented that I looked 'well turned out'. Heh. My only petty complaint is the packaging - it's a glossier version of the usual matte Armani tube, which means it's easily smudged....really petty. Great stuff, this. Can't wait to try the rest now! Me - NC200, LSF5.

on 7/27/2004 6:08:00 PM

What a fun lip color! Mania #8 is a smooth and vibrant orange-based rose with a very perceptible micro-glitter effect. It goes on semi-sheer and can easily be built to pack more of a punch! And of course it lasts, and then it eventually fades into a pretty stain. It's sort of the lipstick version of the celebrated Lip Shimmer #2 with a little more orange, and a lot more pizazz! In any case, they look amazing when paired together. Probably not something this GGG would wear everyday, but definitely one I'd wear when I'm feeling festive. continued >>

on 6/3/2004 12:01:00 PM

Fantastic orange based red flecked with subtle shimmer (gold), this is the perfect resorty color for this MMM for spring and summer. It's smooth and sheerish like the sheers but instead of evaporating it leaves a lovely stain. Going back for more.

on 5/12/2004 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick is very similar to Mac's Lychee Luxe, which is a color I really like. The only difference is that Mania #8 is a tad rosier. If you like that kind of color, give this a try because the quality of Armani's lipsticks can't be beat.

Popular Lipsticks