October 25, 2014 | 1566 users online

Blush - Lancome - Pink Pool Blush Subtil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't wear much makeup up but I like this blush a lot. I took off a lippie because it requires a lot of build up which makes me feel clowny. It's a fantastic blush but I will not buy this again. Too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Kayleigh111387

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this blush for over 5 years and its amazing! Not too dark with subtle hint of shimmer. It is a little pricey, but I've had this same one for over 7 months now and there is still plenty left in it. I use a blush brush from MAC instead of the one that this comes with because I find it works better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by ju1i4nn3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a fairly under the radar blush for how great it is! I initially saw it at Sephora & fell in love! It's the perfect shade of pink & has just the right amount of shimmer/glitter. If I was to design a blush -- this is exactly how I would design it. Although it's a bit on the expensive side, I think it's totally worth it! Shimmer Pink Pool is a very flattering color that gives your cheeks a nice, natural glow. I will definitely be repurchasing this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Valentyne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a blush fiend, probably owning upwards of 50, and this blush is in my top 3 go-to's. In the pan it doesn't look that unique (especially if you're a lover of blue-based pinks), just a raspberry shimmery powder. On the cheeks, however, it just looks so healthy and natural. I thought I had an HG blush until I tried this, that's how dramatically natural and different it is. For all cool toned ladies, try this blush! Other pros: great blendability (has never streaked for me), excellent staying power (I work 12.5 + hr days), and nice packaging (sturdy, doesn't waste product). Cons are the price (but you do get lots of product), and the cruddy brush (but this is pretty standard, get yourself a Mac 187 and you'll never look back:). As for the shimmer, it is clearly visibly in the compact, but I've never seen "chunks" of glitter on my face, so I consider it to be glowy glitter rather than sparkly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by TayTayRocks454

Looks bright in the package and very sparkley and it is but it is a fantastic color on! I like this color because it gives a great cheek tone for those who want a good rose cheek. The color was easy to apply and easy to archive an even look. I will be buying this again soon!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

COLOR: This is a scary dark fuschia in the pan, very cool-toned. I did not think it would be flattering on me, but I gave it a try anyway and was surprised to find that the color translates into a nice, true pink on me. I did not find it overly shimmery--you do get a very slight sheen that could look glimmery in certain lighting conditions, but it's not as glittery as some NARS blushes I've tried (Lovejoy for one). On me, the color is similar to a few other blushes I've tried: Bare Escentuals' Rose Radiance; Jane Blushing Orchid; Sue Devitt Studio Belize.

PIGMENTATION: Very intense pigmentation. I used my trusty MAC 187 to apply and was surprised to see how much pay-off I got with just one stroke across the surface. Two got me the perfect level of color. I shiver to think what this might do to someone with the wrong tools, though.

TEXTURE/WEAR/ETC.: The texture isn't as nice as some brands I've tried (Cargo, Chanel, Armani) but it's not hard or chalky. I'd say this is very comparable to NARS blushes in terms of pigment and texture, but I think the lasting power is slightly better. The color doesn't fade as quickly as NARS sometimes does (depending on the shade and how oily my skin is). I don't care for the packaging--it looks somewhat dated to me.

VERDICT: I'm undecided about a repurchase this since it's not really WOW! on me, just pretty (I have so little space in my traincase these days that I hang onto only the WOW! items). The price is high but the quality is there. I need more blush like I need another hole in my head, but if I'm ever in the market for a new shade, I'll keep this line in mind. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl156

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this color pink and the shimmer isn't too overpowering. It doesn't make me looked washed out. It adds a nice pink flush to my pale fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2007 2:21:00 PM More reviews by mrstraviesa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It appears very bright/deep pink with lots of shimmer in the pan, but in actuality it is very similar to NARS Angelika in it's payoff and pigmentation.

The differences make Pink Pool my choice above NARS.

Pink Pool is less Bubble gum pink, more of a pink carnation shade, and I reccomend using a seperate brush, as with all blush compacts it seems the brush they include doesn't quite do the job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 9:03:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

This blush didn't scare me at all when I first saw it - a dark pink with specks of silver microglitter - but when I got home, seriously re-thought my purchase. However, I thought I'd give it a try because of all the great reviews here, and it really IS a lovely blush. I don't see a glow at all that's due to the glitter, but that's probably a good thing, considering I don't want to look like a twelve year old going to her first dance... I wore it with Bobbi Brown's Tea Rose lipstick, which to me is a LOT of pink on a face, but I got so many compliments on how healthy and glowing my face was (I have fair to medium Asian skin) that I think it made a great combination. Four lippies for this, only because at $35 Canadian, I'm sure I could look just as healthy with something that's a few bucks less. But oh - on my oily skin, I'm shocked at its lasting power. Did not budge at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2005 3:54:00 AM More reviews by ilovefood

i bought this awhile ago and only used it about 2 times. its a beautiful pink color, it's VERY pigmented. a little goes a long way! i'm used to putting alot of blush on my brush so when i did my normal blush routine it showed up VERY VERY PINK i had to wipe it down. it's crazy how pigmented it is. i think it's quite overpriced for blush, MAC has blush for half the price and just as good. and the packaging is not too attractive...and the brush it comes with oh lord...lancome, why bother?! just wasting hair and plastic!