LUSH BB Seaweed Face Mask

Lime Tree Flower and Sweet Violet Leaf Decoction (Tilia europaea and Viola odorata), Kaolin, Honey, Glycerine, Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Toothed Wrack Seaweed (Fucus serratus), Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Millet Flakes (Panicum miliaceum), Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Bentonite Gel, Fresh Rose Petals (Rosa centifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Citral, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume

on 8/9/2015 1:02:00 PM

My daughter and I bought this one to share-- we're both a little acne-prone and a tad oily in the t-zone but basically okay. And first off, it did not break either of us out.

The mask smells lovely. The consistency which troubled some other reviewers did not bother us so much, but there are BIG chunks of seaweed in it. BIG chunks. So if you're looking for a smooth mask, look elsewhere.

This one dries like concrete. Again, if that is a problem for you, either wash it off early or chose a different mask. But we went about 20 minutes with a lot of goop on our faces and it went pretty hard by the end. (I happen to like that feeling, myself.)

But in the end, I have to say my face looked less red right after and the next day. It's super soothing and it makes your face feel really silky. We are working our way through all the LUSH masks and so far this is really a favorite.

on 6/8/2015 2:42:00 PM

I like this mask and to exfoliating. If you think that love lettuce is a little ruff try this one out. I rotated 3 masks. Catastrophe, BB Seaweed, and Love Lettuces. I love all three masks. This one is revitalizing, a lot of minerals, smell great. My face feel soft, smooth, and cleaned. I bought it for $6.95 before tax. I used this 4 times/per week. I usually buy one tub a time due to expired in 2 weeks. This fresh mask need to be in the refrigerator all the time. Update: 07/26/15, This became one of my favorite along with my Oatifix. I lived in San Diego and the weather is making me dry lately. BB Seaweed and Oatifix has been my best friend. Love and must have.

on 3/10/2015 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

One of my favorite Lush masks for exfoliating. It is a creamy clay based mask with ground almonds, honey, and seaweed. Essential oils of rose, patchouli and rosemary add to its scent, but it's not that strong. I smell more of the almonds and seaweed more than anything. Very refreshing to apply out of the fridge and there is enough slip to massage around the face. I let it sit for 10 minutes before hopping in the shower to wash it off. (It can be pretty messy to wash off in the sink.) I wash the product off in circular motions to further utilize the ground almonds as a scrub. My skin feels refreshed and firmed up. I follow with a toner and my daily moisturizer. I get 3-4 uses out of each pot as I like to apply the product fairly thick. Take note of the expiration date on Lush masks - I tend to buy only two kinds at a time so I can use them up within 2-4 weeks of purchase.

on 2/23/2015 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I haven't loved either of the two fresh masks I've tried from Lush. I don't love the chunks of seaweed, they're just annoying mixed in there. I also don't find an enormous difference in my skin texture after using this. Not worth the mess, this one.

on 2/3/2015 6:00:00 PM

Clay based, but more moisturizing than Catastrophe Cosmetic.

on 12/29/2014 2:31:00 AM

Lovely smooth skin after using this ! Beautiful fragrance, you can really smell the rose in it and all the other ingredients used. The only thing that felt strange was putting a freezing cold mask onto my skin as these have to be refrigerated. Other than that a lovely product !

on 12/25/2014 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My new favorite LUSH face mask. I loved practically everything about this mask! The smell wasn't too strong, it was hydrating and also exfoliated a bit. The only thing I didn't like was the large chunks of seaweed. They were more of a hassle than anything and I just ended up picking the bits out. When I washed the mask off, there seemed to be some fine course bits of something in it that I thought was really awesome to srub at dirt on my face. After using this for a week I found that my skin was less red and bumpy (I have acne prone skin), and it was very hydrated. I will definitely be repurchasing!

on 11/23/2014 9:28:00 PM

I feel so refreshed and smooth after using this. I am notoriously fickle when it comes to masks but I've used this one SO many times no matter how many chi-chi brands try to pull me away with their sexy packaging. My skin is all glowy and dewy and I never feel irritated using this (such a plus for sensitive combination skin), and there's something deeply satisfying about smearing green leaves off your face. Highly recommend for any skin that needs a pick-me-up.

on 10/26/2014 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

LOVE this product. This is the first time I am using a LUSH product but WOW. This mask goes on so well the seaweed chunks are kind of annoying and can clog your drain but the result is amazing. I am so acne prone but it did not break me out at all. If anything, it helped with my breakouts. I am going back to LUSH to purchase another mask. Also, it really helped with my redness.

on 10/2/2014 8:49:00 PM

This is a very gentle, soothing, nice-smelling clay mask that has helped clear up a particularly bad breakout I have been having. I have combination skin that is quite dry and sensitive, and this mask didn't irritate my skin at all. It has helped clear out my pores and bring some gunk to the surface so that my BHA treatment is more effective. After using it, my skin is glowing and soft. Like other reviewers, I find the bits of seaweed annoying and pointless - they should just grind it up or leave it out.

Popular Masks