July 31, 2014 | 1706 users online

Masks - LUSH - BB Seaweed Face Mask

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

I get so turned off by the seaweed pieces. I like it. But that's about it. I don't see much that occurs with this mask. But it does feel like it's brightening. Catastrophe Cosmetic is the better choice

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by smuckers85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice mask! Smells wonderful and helps with redness. I wish they offered it in a bigger size!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by animeluverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this mask since I'm a huge fan of lush and ocean-derived products. But.. applying this mask for ten minutes really irritated the sensitive parts of my skin (under my eyes and upper cheeks). Now, almost three hours later, my skin feels like it's been sunburnt. Just sayin, not all great products are made for everybody!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by xoxomary

love love love this product ! i have severe acne, and its always sooo red and irritated. And I really enjoy lush and I asked the girl that worked there whats good to take the redness away and she recommended BB Seaweed and to be honest I dont regret it at all ! I love this product so much, plus its only like $7 and its a life saver! It also makes your skin super soft! I would honestly recommend this to anyone that has really red pimples, because it really soothes it. Plus I love how its cold it feels so nice on my face! Its really great for irritated pimples or cystic pimples.

12/10

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Used this a few times so far and it's an altogether average product. It's great for hydrating your abused skin, but not much else. It is very airy and like mousse. I think it smells exactly like green tea, which is strange. My cat seems to love it - he got in my lap and kept trying to lick my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by msaer8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive skin and my skin started to break out after I used this, little bumps on my forehead. It dried out my skin so I feel this mask would work better for someone who has oilier skin. My face formed rashes on the side after using this as well (from the huge chunks of seaweed). I'm still all for my LUSH Love Lettuce mask. BY THE WAY, be careful when letting these masks down your drain, it will clog your sink especially the seaweed in this specific mask!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by beautylush77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the third type of LUSH Fresh Face Mask that I am experimenting with, after Brazened Honey and Sacred Truth. I like the Lush masks; I think overall they each provide a nice experience though not as hard-hitting as other brands. I can appreciate Lush's more natural approach to their masks, however.

The BB Seaweed Mask is marketed specifically for more sensitive skin, and is promoted as being soothing and moisturizing.

Pros: This mask smells GREAT; the best of the masks I have tried. It has a strong violet, floral smell. It also has a lovely texture-- airy and whipped, mousse-like. After application, my face feels REALLY soft and smooth. This mask also feels pretty gentle both during and after use. I am sure I could use it every day if I wanted (though I have been limiting to 2-3 times per week). My face also doesn't feel dried out after rinsing, which masks can often do, so the moisturizing power is effective.

Cons: As other have commented, I could do without the large flakes of seaweed. I really think they're just their for show; wouldn't the seaweed be more effective if it were ground up with the rest of the mask? The flakes clog my drain, and I also feel they block parts of my face from the benefits of the mask itself. If you've ever used the Glamglow black mask, the pieces of seaweed are similar to that. The mask is also a little difficult to get off-- I end up using a damp wash cloth.

Overall: I like this mask, but I would probably try another mask for my 4th mask, or return to Sacred Truth or Brazened Honey. Those masks feel a little more powerful. This IS supposed to be a gentle mask, but I don't think it does very much besides soothe. My pores didn't seem to be declogged, for example. Its biggest advantage is the great smell. Also as a side note- because of its airier texture, I actually felt like you get LESS product. With my previous LUSH masks I've gotten 7-8 uses. With this one, I think I'll get around 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wasn't really expecting too much from this mask. But holy crap it was very impressive. I tried the very overly hyped glamglow only to be let down by the less then nothing results and a face that was on fire which was 60$. But this little gem which is 7$ left me with soft touchable glowing skin with no burn or sting at all. I really love this. I wasn't even sure if I should put my moisturizer on because i felt so smooth and hydrated. And the crushed up almonds gently exfoliated me as an added bonus. I was interested in trying all lushs masks but I'm so happy with this one I don't want to be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Amiranda721

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product does WONDERS! All LUSH products does wonders themselves but this especially. I've been experimenting with different masks. I have tried Love Lettuce, Sacred Truth and this. BB Seaweed was a balance of all three masks for my skin. I have acne prone skin and it is very hard to find products that my skin will like. It creamy, has a little bit of exfoliation and it smells really good. Yes, there are chunks of seaweed but it's not too much, I think it's great having them mixed into the product. After washing it off, my skin was left baby soft and so touchable. I use this every other day and if I have problematic skin, I would use this everyday until my skin is back to normal. I also realized that after using this, my skin wasn't too oily or too dry, this balanced out my skin. In comparison to Love Lettuce, this does not have the same amount of exfoliating ingredients so if you want a lot of exfoliating this might not be for you but if you want a good amount of scrubbing power that it gentle enough for everyday, this is for you. When using this product, try not to pack on too much because do note it is creamy. I made that mistake, so just a warning! When washing off the mask, dampen the area and scrub, make your way all over the way and then wash it all off... I think this is more effective. Out of all of the masks I tried, this is the one that I repurchased, and is part of my everyday routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:08:00 AM More reviews by island21goddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in the process of trying to get my skin under control because I have been suffering from more breakouts than usual. I've decided to try a more natural approach since I'm in my late twenties. I use a charcoal mask by origins once a week and another LUSH mask called Mask of Magnaminty once a week as well... These two masks are both good at clarifying... but this BB Seaweed mask is very calming and makes my skin feel sooooo soft and balanced. I feel this mask works well as an "in between" other, harsher masks. I don't know if I would be able to use only this one but I really love it's calming effects. I love that I can use it often and it doesn't dry my skin out. It smells like Roses, sometimes I get a hint of a fishy seaweed smell but it's very faint. It's a little on the chunky side (from the seaweed) but rinses off fairly easily. I just repurchased my second tub of this yesterday. I was tempted to try one of the other fresh face masks but ultimately decided to go with my tried and true :)

UPDATE: it's been a month since I first wrote this review and have since gone back to LUSH for another face mask.... Catastrophe Cosmetic. UGH. I did not like that one at all! I'm wishing I would've just repurchased this BB Seaweed one for the 3rd time. Will definitely be going back to this one next time. It's so calming and leaves my skin soft yet CLEAN feeling. The other mask (Catastrophe Cosmetic) left a horrible, difficult to remove, grayish-white, chalky residue. It literally took three passes with a cotton round and some toner to remove it all. ICK.