October 23, 2014 | 1682 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - Foundation Stick

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2006 6:40:00 PM More reviews by specialkalle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My aunt bought this for me and medium was kind of light on me, but the consistency is good. Not my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2005 11:20:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

I took out one lippie for its staying power. It glides smoothly on the skin and blends in perfectly. The color is very "forgiving" as QVC puts it. You can find a perfect match to your skin tone since it blends in very well. HOWEVER, a big CON is that the product slides off my skin whenever it's touched. Even after i set it with powder, it seems to slide off my skin. BTW, I only use this as a concealer, so I may be putting on too much product than i would've as a foundation. I really want to like it because the color works great for me. ANOTHER CON: The stick broke without even being dropped to the floor. It happened a week after i bought it, so I exchanged a new one. Then the new one broke a few weeks after. I didn't even drop it. Now i can push the stick out but can't get it back in. I'm not repurchasing. There're other foundation stick options: Bobbi Brown and MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2005 7:18:00 PM More reviews by lianne9

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

works great as a concealer, but I didn't like it on my entire face beacause it's a bit heavy. I will use it as foundation if I have patches of redness or a severe breakout.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2005 9:41:00 AM More reviews by happyworldz

I use this as a concealer on my blemishes, acne-scars, and undereyes. It blends very easily and is SOO creamy. I love it. I'll probably repurchase regardless of its high price. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2005 1:46:00 PM More reviews by KateJ

I use this as an undereye concealer, not as a foundation. As an undereye concealer/lid primer, this stuff is quite nice. It glides on nicely (with a concealer brush) and blends in easily. Matches my skintone (in "petal") and when set with a bit of loose powder, stays on really well. I note others complaints that it doesn't stay on, however, remember ladies: must set concealers & foundations with powder!!! Very important to staying power!! I love this as a concealer b/c in its cute little tube, I can toss it in my purse in case of touch ups. **BOTTOMLINE** Great as a concealer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2004 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

This gives a nice finish to my combo skin but its staying power is nil - it magically evaporates within two hours off my skin. It also is a bit harder to blend than I would like. I'll use it for touch-ups on the go, but won't repurchase. There are too many better stick foundations out there, like MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2004 11:05:00 AM More reviews by flick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Damn OVC and their product demonstrations! I always watch them and then have to try the product myself. I got the stick and the concealer brush. You do not get very much foundation in the stick but it is quite highly pigmented so you do not need a lot. I find it works best when I have used a primer then swipe some foundation on cheeks, nose, chin and forehead and blend away. I then use the concealer brush to disguise any other bits like round the nose etc. The stick can be quite hard to blend on its own so always use primer or lots of moisturiser first. The result is sheer to medium coverage that lasts all day and looks natural. I'm really into portable foundation at the moment so this is suiting me well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2004 4:31:00 PM More reviews by beauty_junky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OK I spent hours in Sephora trying on every brands foundation. This was the one I bought. I was torn only between this and Ramy foundation stick. I am 35 have large poors wrinkles etc yuck. This gave me great coverage but I still look more natural than to made up. LOVE this. OH I did buy the smashbox primer to go on under it. With both the poors on my nose become invisible the ones on my cheeks still visible but much softer.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2004 8:34:00 PM More reviews by sweetbear

I would probably buy this product again because the color (smashing oak 2.5)is a great match for my olive/yellow skin tone. Since the primary ingredient is mineral oil it feels kind of oily when you put just a small amount on. I like the effect of not having any dry patches but I'd like to apply it more heavily but I am afraid that having too much mineral oil on my fact will clog my pores.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2003 11:29:00 AM More reviews by FudgesFrog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm sort of neutral about this product. I don't love it, but it's not horrible, either. I bought the lightest shade, which is a good match for my cool, PPP skin. However, I found this to be rather heavy and hard to blend (even on my oily skin). I was much happier with my L'Oreal Quickstick, which is a *lot* cheaper. I won't be repurchasing.