December 22, 2014 | 1447 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Ici

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Kmac81

Love this scent in the winter. Beautiful. I have gotten many compliments on this. The only perfume I have used right until the bottle is completely empty as I often get tired of scents before the bottle is even half empty. I've also gone through many bottles as well and I rarely repurchase scents as I like to switch often.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shortly after Angel heralded the move towards gourmand fragrances, Coty released Ici. I remember smelling a fragrance strip of this in a magazine and living it but was perplexed by the fragrance noted. Floral and candyish? Hmm, odd I thought and yuck when I bought it and sprayed it on me. A big blast of something floralish invaded my nose and I was taken aback but later it morphed into something wonderful. It's the cocoa note that came out and I understood what this "gourmand" business was all about. Definitely in the same vein as Angel but I found it to be more like Hollywood Pink. I'm so glad I rediscovered this gem this past winter. The silage is incredible. It's cozy but not too dessert like which makes it very wearable to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Soie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ici, IMO, isn't so much a gourmand as it is a sophisticated, ambery floral fragrance on a background of chocolate. Freshly sprayed, it smells of lots of amber and musk, lots of orchid and mimosa (amongst other fresh floral notes), breezy citrus, a hint of spice, and an undertone of chocolate. There is a candied sweetness to Ici, but at this stage, it is separate from the note of cocoa -- which is more dry, unsweetened powdered cocoa than it is chocolate candy bar.

Hours later, after most of the strong note of amber has worn off, is when I really love this fragrance. The dry cocoa has turned into mouth-watering Hershey's Chocolates Kisses, with hints of allspice and the remaining traces of fresh florals... sort of like receiving a gift of a bouquet of fresh flowers and a small heart of chocolate bonbons.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by peacefuldusk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been wearing this since High School, it is one of my signature scents. I like to wear this as my winter scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lalamb78

I have been wearing this scent for too many years to count! I love it. I always get a ton of compliments on it. It is very sweet smelling. I love that it's so cheap but it doesnt' smell cheap. I'm not sure if it has been discontinued or not. It is very difficult to find.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had this perfume many years ago and bought it again not too long ago off of ebay. It is an interesting scent - it is almost minty at first, then dries down to a sweet vanilla musk scent with a sophisticated edge. It is definitely not too sweet and is very wearable for daytime. I haven't smelled anything quite like this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by PARA_NOIR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I always passed this fragrance when looking at perfumes at the drugstore. The name Ici, which means ''here'' in French, in my mind conjured up images of a perfume that was a heavy, loud floral. You know, a HERE I AM tuberose and gardenia white floral somewhat like Fracas. I'm not a floral person, so I never even thought to sniff this.
But somehow, I stumbled upon these reviews and saw that this drugstore staple is said to smell like everything from birthday cake and breakfast foods to creme brulee and chocolate. I HAD to try it!
I bought a small .375 oz stocking stuffer bottle in holiday packaging for only $3.
To me, it smells like sweet vanilla flavored caramels. The topnotes are slightly floral, but that fades within minutes. You are left with a sweet sugary fragrance that lasts all day. Ici would be good for someone who likes Pink Sugar or other sweet scents but wants to change it up to something a BIT more sophisticated for not a lot of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by innamorata

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Would I buy this again? Absolutely. This has become my signature fragrance. I've gone through three bottles of it already. I love it, my husband adores it, even my kids think I smell nice when I wear this.

I can see where some might think it has a "foody" smell, considering the mid-notes feature caramel, creme brulee, and cocoa, but it is sooooooooo much more than a foody scent. It has lovely, sparkly floral notes to open it, living magnolia, rain forest orchids, muguet, mimosa, peony, orris and hyacinth; then come the deliciously smooth and buttery-creamy mid-notes that I mentioned earlier; and it gradually ends with basenotes of amber, musk and exotic woods. So smooth, so yummy, so gorgeous, so different than anything else I've tried. I love how this starts out as a lovely floral and gradually morphs itself into something sensual and deep and darned sexy. This is such a multi-layered fragrance that the opening and basenotes are almost like wearing two different perfumes, yet they compliment each other beautifully. I'd put this up against any expensive department store brand.

This goes over extremely well on a date. In fact, this perfume reminds me of a date...flirty and fun and lovely at the beginning, deliciously and promisingly tempting in the middle, and smoky-eyed sensual sex-on-a-stick wish-fulfillment at the end. If you haven't given this a try, you don't know what you're missing. But warning...do NOT wear this if you are not woman enough to live up to all it promises.

Oh...by the way, it's places like this that rumors get started. I wrote Coty begging for the reinstatement of this supposedly "discontinued" fragrance, and they told me it has most definitely NOT been discontinued. So, let's go through that again, slowly so you can catch it...ici has NOT been discontinued. Now, go buy some! (just not MY bottles!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by HoldMeGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Oddly enough, this has been one of my favorites for the past decade. I started wearing it in middle school when I received it in a gift exchange with classmates. I've secretly loved it since. It's my guilty-pleasure as far as fragrances go.

As someone previously mentioned, this is a cold-weather, rainy-day, lift-your-mood sort of fragrance. This is my comfort scent. I love to wear it around the holidays. It reminds me of good memories, great old sweatshirts and 90's television.

Ici smells foody/gourmand, very sweet, with notes of musk, amber and chocolate. It is not a weak fragrance, by any means, but it also isn't cloying. It's a nice blend of sugar and spice, amber and musk. It lasts and lasts, unlike fragrances that fade within a matter of minutes.

I do like the no-frills packaging and thicker (less breakable) bottle. I dislike the cheap plastic cap that is so very easy to lose.

I will repurchase again for as long as I can find it. I've purchased 2 backups in addition to my current bottle so far.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yeah, I shamelessly admit that I'll try pretty much anything. Freshly applied, Ici reminds me of a weak, inferior Fire & Ice (by Revlon) but then settles into a softer and more vanilla-ish scent. I am guessing that Coty copied Fire & Ice somewhat since Ici came out the year after F&I did. I remember that this was one of the first mainstream-drugstore scents that had chocolate-type notes. At least it was the first one that I remember, it seemed like such a novelty at the time. I don't detect the chocolate in the current formulation. I recall that I didn't like this when it was first released. I am not that crazy about it now, either. No sale.