Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 5/24/2015 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Effective even on my waterproof mascara, but it leaves my eyes a bit irritated. I've been using it for a couple weeks, but once my sample bottle is used up, I won't purchase this product.

PROS
- Removes even the most recalcitrant waterproof mascara. I was searching for something that would completely dissolve my Lancome Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara (which I don't particularly like but am determined to use up), and this does the job.
- No added fragrance, and no annoying chemical smell.
- Gentle on my skin.

CONS
- Leaves my eyes bleary and watery - no burning or stinging, just a lingering blurriness and irritation. The product's effectiveness in removing makeup can't make up for this unpleasant side effect.
- Pricey.

on 5/16/2015 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have combination skin and my eye lids respond very badly to any rubbing. For that reason I've switched to balm cleansers that remove eye makeup as well. I used this while I was travelling because balms are harder to use away from home.

This is a bi-phase oil product so I shake vigorously and then soak a cotton pad and hold to each eye for thirty second then gently wiggle the cotton pad down my lashes. It didn't cause any irritation to my eyes or lids which was great. And it worked well to remove the majority of my eye makeup. I always had the feeling that some product was left at the roots of my lashes but nothing showed up on my second cleanse or pillows so that's probably just me not being used to this type of remover. I didn't use this on any waterproof formulas but it cut through my Too Face BTS which as tenacious as many wp formulas. I expect this would work just as well on them too.

I like the packaging and it didn't leave any oily residue on my eyes which I liked. I wouldn't buy it again only because I don't remove my eye makeup as a separate step. If you like eye makeup removers this is a solid choice but it did not dissuade me from my preference for balms....

on 5/6/2015 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is expensive but IMO worth it if you wear eyeliner and mascara. I learned the hard way that you have to gently PAT the area and NOT rub. This also does a great job at removing my undereye concealer, which I found was difficult to remove with just a face wash alone.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a decent eye makeup remover. It doesnt leave your eyes cloudy nor does it leave a disguisting greasy residue that you have to wipe off(which are common in drugstore ) i consider it pricey because it is slightly out of my budget(i m a college student after all), but if u do have the money, it is a good buy. It works better than those diy oil cleansing eye makeup remover(using pure jojoba oil) because the latter causes your eyes to become cloudy and a bit uncomfortable. It didnt irritate my eyes and removes waterproof makeup well.

on 4/17/2015 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had a few of these little bottles from Bonus Times and I though I should perhaps try it.
Well, I've been using it ever since - that was a few months ago.
It removes all traces of mascaras (waterproof or not) eyeshadows and you name it, without the need to rub your eyes. I am currently on my second little bonus time bottle and will definitely get a full-size one.

This is one of my all time favorite make-up removers. I love this product, my only thing I am not crazy about is the price. I have super sensitive skin and I love the way it makes my skin feel and it does not cause an irritation.

on 3/2/2015 2:47:00 AM

One of my favorite makeup removers!

Pros - removes makeup easily, even waterproof mascara; doesn't make my vision all blurry and doesn't irritate my eyes

Cons - Expensive; has a weird cap - almost like a child-proof cap that you have to push down and then twist. I don't see the necessity in this, and it makes using the product cumbersome.

on 3/1/2015 2:27:00 AM

It works great even on heavy duty mascara. The only issue I have with it is the packaging. I lost half a new bottle last weekend in my bag as the lid got pushed down somehow. Really gutted as it's not exactly cheap.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I picked up the full size sample from
Sephora. I love this stuff!! I was a huge fan of sonia kashuk's eye makeup remover but the Clinique is way better. You don't need a lot of product on the cotton pad. Always shake the bottle before putting product on cotton pad and be patient. I saturate the cotton pad then put it over my eyes for about 30 seconds. I wear waterproof mascara and this takes it off so easily and also lash glue.

Definitely would purchase this product in the regular full size bottle.

I am also a fan of the Clinique take the day off makeup cleansing balm to remove my face makeup and leftover eye makeup.

on 2/11/2015 2:46:00 PM

It removes eye make up effortlessly and I don't need to use a lot so it lasts me quite a while. I have sensitive eyes and finding a makeup remover that did not sting or make my skin inflamed was amazing!! I have tried other drugstore ones, they are half the price, but they also irritated my eyes and caused horrible rashes! I have been buying this product for close to 4 years now, and I will keep buying it.