Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

I want to loveee this product but I am not 100% sure. It is quite expensive so I expect it to do wonders. I actually use this for my entire face lol (I got this as a sample originally and loved it but it was only on my second bottle did I realize that it's only for eyes and lips lol :P oops). So yes it does remove all of my makeup but here is my issue...
My issue with this product is that it does not take off the eye or lip makeup easily (and I don't wear waterproof eye makeup!). It does take out eye shadow well but for eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick.. I find that I have to use multiple cotton pads and cotton buds just to remove them all.

What keeps me repurchasing this is that it's really gentle on my skin. I don't break out and it doesn't leave any weird film on my skin. I might try another cleansing oil that's cheaper and does the job well because for $20 (more or less), I expect it make removing makeup easy and not a chore. If I fail at finding something else I like I will go back to it. I definitely don't want to compromise on the gentleness of a product.

I adore this MU remover, efficient in taking any MU off with one single swipe without irritation. Works for eyes & lips ! I'm on my third bottle. One of my HGs
Def recommend it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

An effective makeup remover that doesn't sting or leave me feeling greasy. I could remove most of my make up in maybe 2 passes. Where I am it costs double than Sephora's version (which I like) but does the job in less time/effort. Definitely more effective than Bioderma (another that I like for it's gentleness and non-greasiness). I wouldn't deem it as my HG but I can see myself repurchasing this once I've done my rounds of trying other brands that I'm targeting on my list.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The received a generous travel size of this eye make up remover with my other purchases from Clinique. For me the best eye make up remover is Lancome Bi facil and this is an mediocre dupe of it I guess.

Unfortunately It does not remove everything at once and you have to soak the cotton pad more than once and tag and pull your eye, which is not good for the skin and definitely not fun to do. Even after cleaning with this with more than one cotton pad when I wash my face I still see some left over make up around my eye area, so usually I use this twice, once before I wash my face and once after.

I would not buy this on my own money, but would use it if I am given a sample or gift.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this eye makeup remover because it had good reviews and I've just about finished the bottle. It does remove eye makeup but I have to go through about 4 saturated cotton eye pads until most of it has come off. I also have to rub and tug at my eyes that my eyes feel quite sore afterwards. I think I will just stick to Neutrogena oil free eye makeup remover which works the same.

Not worth the price, and it's nothing special. Borrowed some from my boyfriend's mom and it's just a plain makeup remover. Not significantly better than the drugstore stuff. I have sensitive eyes so it stings like hell, but I don't know how it would feel for someone with normal skin. I'd say that everyone would be much better using a cleansing balm or oil. I personally like Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm, which is $36 and comes in a big tub. It works better than the harsh liquid stuff anyways.

Got this is one of Clinique gifts so I shouldn't complain but.....
It stings my eyes. Yes it takes makeup off but no better than baby oil which does not sting. Way too expensive, not sensitive so would not buy a large one. It occurs to me that Clinique needs to modernise its range. Their products seem old fashioned and stuck in the 80's. I know they have a loyal fan base who love the soap and the yellow moisturiser but apart from the tubing mascara, which I love, I find their stuff boring. Plus, stamps foot, the discontinued my navy eye pencil!

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I am reviewing Clinique's "Take the day off makeup remover for lids, lashes & lips", which is worded differently on the bottle than on this listing. I had swatched a bunch of eyeshadows over different bases on my arm and I decided to compare this remover with the popular and well-reviewed Bioderma Sensibio H2O by putting the same amount on identical cotton pads. The Clinique formula was obviously the more effective of the two, as it removed most of the eyeshadow and creamy base in one swipe while the Bioderma needed multiple passes. Therefore, this is the makeup remover that I will be purchasing next time I run out.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great eye make up remover. Quickly and effectively removes all my eye make up (yes, the waterproof mascara and budge proof eyeliner) with complete ease.

I

This product removes the darkest black mascara out there with just 2 washes, but it irritates my eyes. It is also expensive. As it is not enough eye-sensitive, it's a no-no for me. I'll move to a really eye-sensitive-proofed product at the chemist's, next.