September 18, 2014 | 1319 users online

Shampoo - Matrix - curl.life shampoo (1)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by annex1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Its a great shampoo, but does nothing for curls, if anything it straightenned my hair out! I would recommend this product for people with straight or wavy hair who want a sleek straight look. I am not going to buy this again because I like trying new stuff :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo worked pretty ok for me. Like the others they smell was not all that great but like most folks I use a conditioner after I shampoo so thats not really a factor in my opinion. This shampoo was a lot more creamy than others I have used in the past and took out the the dirt and styling product I use in one wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by kiso

Somebody gave me this shampoo with the conditioner as they were moving away and wasn't able to take it with them; I used to have to stick to a certain brand or type of shampoo/conditioner so initially, I didn't use it. However, when I ran out of my old shampoo I had to use it and thought it was pretty decent. My hair is wavy in some parts and straighter in others so when I stepped out of the shower I noticed my hair was a bit more on the wavier side so I decided to continue to use it when I needed to. However when I brush my hair out afterwards, it straightens out a bit (I think it's just my hair type) so I need to figure out a way still to style my hair.

Finally running out though, I figured it was pretty decent so I'd buy some more because also, I really don't want to be buying different shampoos every now and then to see which one is best in terms of wavy hair, so the first store I went to, didn't have it but they had other Matrix products and I actually didn't realize Matrix was so expensive! But luckily at the next store I visited, they had it and it was slightly cheaper than the normal Matrix products; and of course it was easy to find because of the bright green bottle!

I like how the bottle is tall and skinny so it fits nicely in my shower leaving space for other bottles too, and I noticed a lot of people complain about the smell but it doesn't bother me.

So for now, I'll continue to buy Curl.Life when I need to, unless I manage to pickup some other curling shampoo I find better.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by TheBexExpress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have long, extremely thick, medium-textured curly hair and this is hands-down the worst salon-quality curl shampoo I've ever used. I mean, the explanation is right there in their promotional booklet- it's got ceramides and stuff, the ingredients all their shampoos use for nourishment, but the featured ingredients are... polymers and sillicones?!

The shampoo actually made my hair feel raspy going on, and offered no detangling benefit. When dry my curls were much less cohesive than usual, and far frizzier. I also agree that the smell isn't great, although it's not the worst ever.

Curls, with the exception of very fine ones, need HEAVY NOURISHMENT. This feels and reads more like a styling product in shampoo form than a real curl shampoo. I'd certainly recommend Sleek Look over this for curly hair any day. A really stupid product for all but the finest curly hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by doctordanger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is one of the best I've ever used. My hair is very curly and fairly fine and this shampoo doesn't weigh it down, dry it out, or tangle it at all. My hair is also incredibly manageable after I use it. Since I started using this shampoo, my hair has also begun to look more voluminous. The scent isn't anything to write home about but this product packs such a punch that it cancels that out. I highly recommend it to anyone with curly hair!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by tes2do

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have long, fine, wavy hair. I used this with the matching conditioner and got - nothing. The shampoo did not seem to clean my oily scalp and has a weird consistency. Actually made my scalp itchy from lack of cleaning. The shampoo seemed to weigh down my hair, too. I've had slightly better luck with the Matrix curl.life conditioner and another shampoo. Won't be buying the curl.life brand again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by coloradoBeauty

I was extremely disappointed in this shampoo! It really dried out my hair and left it frizzy and course and didn't clean very well either. I didn't care for the smell. I'm going back to a more natural shampoo, Paul Mitchell or Aveda.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by kjjamm808

Great product, but I don't think this is for curly hair. My hair is wavy and it makes it nice and soft and very straight. Like both shampoo and conditioner- not greasy and no build-up!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 1:42:00 AM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fine curly hair and I have to wash my hair everyday because my scalp is on the oily side and also after a night's sleep my hair is an absolute mess. This shampoo is just not for me. Unlike many other reviews on here who hate the smell, I actually like the smell, but that is about the only positive about this product. Other than that, the shampoo is creamy/milky and doesn't foam up very well so it just doesn't feel like it's cleaning (although I am sure it is). It does take the fuzz out of my hair, but takes all of its body with it. This shampoo makes my curls limp and takes a lot of spring out of them. Even with good styling products to off set the shampoo's limp qualities, by the end of the day my hair is totally flat and just BLAH. I have used this a few times over the years due to sales at Ulta, but after this last time of using it I am swearing it off for good.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by angelarock

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I honestly don't know how anyone can get past the smell of this stuff to actually use it more than once. It was expensive and the first time I used it the scent of it literally made me gag. I had to quickly rinse it out and then shampoo/condition with another brand just to try to get rid of the smell. It went straight into the trash even at the price of it.