December 26, 2014 | 1465 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Daily Acne Clearing Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Superia84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion. I use the Equate version of ProActiv's Refining Lotion and that has left me super dry to the point of being painful now that it's winter. This lotion has brought me relief and not irritated my uber acne prone skin. My skin just feels and looks calm and happy these days and for that I am super grateful. Love, love, love...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by wallochj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am reviewing the acne control moisturizer that came with the acne kit. I can say I am halfway through the tube and kept thinking my whiteheads were not due to this product. According to one website, this contains acne CAUSING ingredients...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by misspirate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For my purposes, this lotion is perfect. I have fairly nice skin, just a typical blackhead issue on the nose/chin.
I use a daily facial cleanser in the shower (Neutrogena Pink grapefruit foaming scrub) and i love it, but it leaves a few dry patches alone my t-zone. After each shower, i apply a small amount of lotion (1 pump) to this area and on my chin while i'm still drying off.
While almost every other lotion i've tried break me out, this is just moisturizing enough while still helping me keep the pimples at bay. I've never been able to use a product successfully without either completely drying me out or breaking me out until this combination.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by heatheron7th

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think some people on here are accidentally reviewing a different product. This lotion comes in a 4 oz. bottle that's gray with purple and white lettering, and the salicylic acid percentage is 2% (which is the sole reason I bought it--that, and it has no parabens).

I like to fight acne around the clock. At night, I use a prescription retinol and during the day, i use antioxidant serums, sunscreen, and spot-treatment for zits. but if I am going out at night, I figure that's another opportunity to fight zits when I don't have to use sunscreen. So, I use this acne moisturizer under my makeup. So far, I am very pleased with it...there are a few dry spots where I need to add another mosturizer, but I will definitely keep using this. It makes me feel a little less guilty about staying out all night with lots of makeup on when I should be sleeping!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by JeanJorts

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this facial lotion! I have acne-prone, combo skin (the oily parts get pretty oily, and the dry parts can get pretty dry.) This lotion -- on it's own -- does not provide enough moisture for my face, so I've started mixing it about 60/40 with the Aveeno lotion that I use on my face. Since I started using the Clean & Clear Advantage moisturizer, probably 3 weeks ago, I have not had one single break-out. Prior to using this stuff, I'd break out a couple of times/month (usually just a few whiteheads, and a few of those pesky cystic pimples)...but, since using this, I have only had one cystic pimple, and it seemed to not get as angry and fierce looking as in the past, and it cleared up a little quicker than normal, too.

In addition, this moisturizer absorbs very quickly, and leaves my skin feeling extra smooth and silky. I have NOT noticed my pores getting anymore "cloggy" than normal, nor have I noticed an increase in blackheads.

This is a keeper! A "must try" if you have acne-prone skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by MissHippo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall, this was pretty good. It made my skin really soft. Initially I did notice my blemishes getting smaller but after a while, I noticed that my nose and chin got more blackheads and clogged pores

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by calikitty15332

After my skin was excessively dry from the Clinique Acne Cleanser this lotion did a good job of getting rid of my flaky skin and didn't make me break out.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2006 3:32:00 PM More reviews by jrslvr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first, I thought I was loving this. It seemed to fade away old acne marks and improve my skin..then it all fell apart! I was only using this on my jawline since that is where I have problems. After about 3 weeks, I started having MAJOR break-outs where I used this stuff. I had so many it felt like ROCKS under my skin all along the jawline. Buyer BEWARE big time on this stuff!!! Stopped using and after 2 weeks and lots of purging, everything is settling down so I know this was the culprit...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2006 10:29:00 AM More reviews by ilovemakeupandsoshouldyou

This didnt do much to CLEAR the acne (that's what this line's spot treatment is for, read my review for that), but this does make my skin incredibly smooth and keeps breakouts at bay. it's really good for a m/u primer. my foundation goes on so much easier w/ this. not greasy. love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2006 9:46:00 AM More reviews by aznsweete

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this along with the Clean & Clear Advantage Cleanser. It started out great. I notice some results I was happy and I continue to use it. My face got somewhat dry so I brought Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer. That, is when it all went downhill. I'm not sure if it was this and/or the Dual Action Moisturizer's fault but I started getting huge white zits all over my cheeks. So becareful using this product.