Avon True Color Powder Blush in Earthen Rose

4.3

on 10/20/2014 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a dupe for MAC Harmony Pixiwoo said :) Its a matte light peachy tan. Its a true matte, no shimmers at all which makes its popular for contouring in the light skintones who like warm undertones.

The texture of Earthen Rose is the same as my other Avon True Color blushes, they're all a bit dry, go on patchy and don't blend well. Fades after 3 - 4 hours so I need to reapply several times a day to keep color on my cheeks. The compacts are pretty sturdy, with a fantastic mirror that I often reach for to check my eye makeup but the outside gets scratched and beat up fast :(

For a better similar toned blush shade I think is a similar price range but better quality is Rimmel blush in "Bronze" which is so finely milled and creamy that it makes skin look glowy and super smooth which worked for me when my skin was young with acne up to mature with fine lines :)

TIPS 4 VERY FAIR SKINTONES:
If you have very fair skin like me NC 5-10 I think you'll find Avon Earthen Rose, MAC Harmony ect won't work for a blush shade because the warm brown undertones pull orange on the very pale skin in a muddy "I've rubbed orange dirt on my face" kind of way. Rimmel Bronze just works on me teamed with a bright coral lip and intense black liner. But for a go-to "natural" blush for very fair skin the best shade I've found so far is DB Designer Brands in the shade "Barely Blush #591". Its a pale pinky tan shimmer that adds a neutral hint of color that is so natural on very fair skin that it transforms my look in seconds without being obvious or needing any other makeup. It could be called the cheeks version of YLBB ie YCBB or "My Cheeks But Better", the fair skin edition.

If you have very fair skin and was looking for a contour shade what works for me is the tiniest bit of Too Faced Chocolate Soleil medium/deep matte bronzer - just a tiny bit and well blended. Another more affordable option people rave about is NYX Taupe blush. I haven't tried it yet but everyone with very fair skin says its amazing because it has a super cool undertone plus the price is cheap :)

on 10/25/2013 10:44:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I just wore this blush the other day after it was sitting in my makeup drawer for quite a while. I had forgotten how beautiful it is. It looks very boring in the pan but gives a gorgeous, peachy nude, very natural color to the cheeks. I have lighter skin with a neutral undertone and my summer tan is gone. I think it looks best on my skin tone right now. I own quite a few h/e blushes and this blush is every bit as pretty. Reminds me that you don't have to spend big bucks for a beautiful blush.

on 8/13/2013 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What took me so long?! This is such a pretty sunkissed bronze-y color! The application is silky and gives a great beach-y look. Great bronzer so the name seems somewhat misleading. I don't really see anything rose about it. It's perfect. Avon really has high quality products at affordable prices. Thanks Avon!

on 7/8/2013 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A perfect bronzer for those super pale yellow toned girls looks super natural when applied with a light hand a beautiful product as with all the Avon blushes - velvety smooth application which doesn't highlight pores, great color payoff and quality in general and the brushes included with the sturdy packaging are lovely natural haired bristle and soft and actually usable which is a bonus. This is my second favourite bronzing product for fair girls - my first being the Elf Cool toned studio bronzer which is a red toned bronzer with no orange undertones.

I have this in the old style larger pan so it takes up a lot of room in my make-up bag. I love the Plum version but this colour just doesn't work on me. It is too flat and very slightly too orange a brown to work on my light olive skin tone.

on 11/30/2012 12:30:00 PM

this is my favourite cheek colour! it is warm in tone, but not orangey. on my nw20 skintone it works equally as a blush on the apples of my cheeks with a darker contour, or lower down as a sculpting powder on days were i'm keeping my face simple! considering the price you get a lot of product, and I have only just hit pan after using it every day since July! the packaging isn't the most luxurious but is surprisingly sturdy. I will repurchase this again and again as it is the perfect colour, especially when you're wearing a red lip and need something subtle on the cheeks!

on 9/20/2012 12:33:00 PM

This is an awesome blush to contour with. It's a warm tawny color but applied lightly and buffed out adds depth to my cheeks. Lasts all day on my oily/combo skin. No break outs either.

on 4/16/2012 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this blush -- it's a great neutral peach tone, a little more yellow than a pinky peach, definitely a true peach shade. This was the first color I bought in Avon's TC blush line, and I ended up eventually buying all the colors, because this one and every one I bought after it had THE BEST staying power -- it lasts an entire 8 hour work day. I use moisturizer, primer, foundation, and then the blush, and it lasts all day. Earthen Rose has no rose to it -- a great neutral nude/peach color.

on 10/12/2011 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been looking for the perfect neutral blush for a while. I had forgotten about this blush. It used to be one of my favorites. So, I just bought it and I was so surprised. In the pan it looks like a medium brown. On my cheeks, it's a warm brownish pink. It looks really good on. I put it on today and it stayed on really well throughout the day. Though to be fair, I use primer and finishing powder. It was pretty cheap and comes with a really big mirror.

on 7/31/2011 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very natural colour. Neutral. 'Earthen Peach Bronzer' would have been a better name for this beige/tan/peachy colour. It's a very natural colour on me and makes an excellent bronzer & blusher, all year round. Less packaging & more product would be better, but it's cheap enough. I give it 5/5 for the product alone. It's as good as my old favorite Elizabeth Arden bronzer Shade 1 in my opinion, and almost a dupe in colour.