October 21, 2014 | 1579 users online

Palettes - Smashbox - "Tips of the Trade" 11-pc Color Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2005 11:22:00 PM More reviews by lexy7737

super great value from qvc.com ;p ordered it when it first came out.. love this colour kit. great staples- like the brow tech, lipglosses, and pretty eyeshadow duos. ;p

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2005 7:22:00 PM More reviews by lianne9

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The products I liked and use a lot from this kit are:
-Brow tech (taupe) and brush
-Illuminate gloss
-Blend eyeshadow

Products I like but only use on occassion:
-shade lipstick
-the lip pencil
-contour eyeshadow. Great colour for evening as I'm light skinned

What I didn't like:
-Transparency. I prefer powder. It's easier to apply and less messy
-enhance lipgloss. Too bright/dark for me, I prefer nudes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2005 6:29:00 PM More reviews by northernwinterlude

As the previous reviewer, I ordered the kit from TSC, The Shopping Channel, for $60.00 CDN. I'm a Smashbox newbie, and couldn't resist buying this kit because of the special price. I got the Browtech in Brunette, and it gives you nice natural looking brows. The brush does a good job of applying the brow powder and wax. The two e/s duos, Smashing Contour and Smashing Blend are great. I find Smashbox e/s slightly more sheer than MAC's, but they blend easily and the staying power is excellent, especially when used with my e/s base. The Layer lash primer and Focal Point mascara were decent, with no smudging. The mascara wasn't quite as volumizing as my fave Maybelline Volume Express. The blush Smashing Flaunt, a mousse type corally coloured blush, was very sheer on my NC44 skin and would really suit those with lighter skin tones. I found applying and blending this product tricky. The blush was the only product in the kit I wasn't happy with! I love the combination of Enhance l/g (a sheer berry colour) with Illuminate l/g (a shimmery white-cream colour) applied on top. Smashing Define l/p is a nude colour, a good basic l/p that can be paired with many lipsticks and lipglosses. The final make-up product in the kit was the lipstick, Shade, a sheer berry toned l/s. Also included in the kit were two make-up bags with photos of models. Overall, I'm happy with this purchase, and this was my first experience buying make-up from The Shopping Channel.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2005 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Tuperplex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this 11 pc colour kit from The Shopping Channel (in Toronto). I saw an advertisement for it in the Metro and I just had to order the Show Stopper last week! For $60 Cdn, it is a bargain!!! Now, it's $89.99 Cdn.

I've heard of Brow Tech and it's amazing. It sets your eyebrow in place! Love the lip gloss. It doesn't feel too sticky! I love the eye lash primer and the mascara. The brush is amazing and it gets into the corners. I'm going to have fun trying all the products. Though, the makeup bags are alright. Not particularily crazy about the design.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2004 10:52:00 PM More reviews by sunshine34

What I love most about this kit is that there was no "filler". Everything is useful and wearable - and many of these products are HG for me already.

I have been using Brow tech for *years* now, so it was nice to restock. I would nver have got anywhere with my brows had it not been for that product and it's fabby brush. (It makes it SO easy!) I use PhotoFinish daily so It's always nice to have more of that. (Plus the tube will be better for travelling than the glass bottle.) I was dubious about the mascara because I HATED the previous smashbox mascara, but I'm loving it. (The lash Primer is *inspired*!) The e/s are pretty and flattering because they're slightly sheer... I'm totally fascinated with Flaunt, and the lip colours could not be more perfect for me. I wish I'd bought more than one!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2004 9:10:00 AM More reviews by RedT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This kit FINALLY hit UK shores last weekend (it takes ages for stuff on US QVC to get over here) but it was worth the wait!
The kit over here contained everything listed in the reviews below plus 15ml of primer so for 35ish it is fantastic value!
I've used everything in the kit this week and almost everything suits my colouring (pale redhead). I'll probably donate the lipglosses to my sisters as they are a bit pink on me but the brow tech is perfect, lip liner is THE perfect colour and the lipstick is a lovely juicy berry. Eyecolours are a lovely texture, go on well and the unusual colours can be used to create numerous looks. Mascara was a little difficult to get used to as it is thinner in consistency than the one I would normally use so a bit more care required in application.
I love Smashbox anyway but I have found some of the colours in previous kits to be a little off. This kit however is wonderful! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2004 8:25:00 AM More reviews by thboyd

I got this kit from Qvc. Sad to say, but the only things that I reach for in this kit are the ENHANCE lip gloss and the SHADE lipstick.

These 2 colors are my new everyday look.

A very nice rosy, but natural color.

I will definitely buy these seperatly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2004 11:10:00 PM More reviews by MissLaura2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awesome kit! such a great value. i won't go into names of items because plenty of reviews did, but you get sooo much in this kit it's such a steal. everything is wearable too! a gorgeous YLBB lipstick, rose gloss, browtech, 2 duo eyeshadows (minis), a clear lipgloss with opulance, a transparancy blush, a natural taupe lipliner, the new awesome focal point masacara and lash primer! every product is great and did i mention full sized! (except for e/s).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2004 4:38:00 PM More reviews by sweetwater

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I highly recommend the kits that Smashbox puts together. It's a great line, quality and up to date products and for sure the prices cannot be beat, in regards to high end make-up lines. All it takes is one kit and you're hooked, cuz you know it's not a waste of money for what you're receiving. Colors are great too. Love SB.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2004 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Zezzie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The other ladies described this kit well so I won't go into detail. I never tried Smashbox before (I am a huge MAC fan!) but I was pretty impressed with this kit. You got a lot of useful product for very little money. I wish now that I signed up for auto delivery of the next kits they are doing similar to this...oh well! The only negative thing I could say is I feel their eyeshadows don't last like MACs...but everything else I thought was excellent - even the mascara primer. I've even used it with other mascaras and it worked just as well.