September 2, 2014 | 1419 users online

Lip Gloss - Almay - Whipped Gloss- Sheer Raspberry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by kristamb

I got a few of these at Big Lots for $2.99 and love them! Thiscolor is my favorite, but my personal preference has always been to wear sheer lip colors that just barely enhance the natural color of my lips. I hate those shiny lip glosses that get sticky and gross on your lips after you start talking-what's the point?! Definitely one of my favorites, and a great price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 10:37:00 AM More reviews by PhanieRajh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite Whipped Gloss! At first I was kinda skeptical about getting this as it looked like a really bright colour in the tube, but this goes on smooth and it looks like the exact colour of my lips! I love this! The brush applicator ensures that I don't use more than I need and the swirls on the tube are extremely cute. I usually wear this if I don't want to look too made up and just want a bit of shine on my lips, or if I'm pairing it with a dramatic eye. It makes my lips noticeable, but not too bright as to make me look like a streetwalker. I've been searching high and low for this and all seems to be sold out =(.. oh well!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2007 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Periwinkle28

A pretty pink gloss. It's nice and balmy with just the right amount of sparkle. It lasts well and I like the minty smell. I like to wear it to casual weekend outings and church because it's very subtle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2006 12:22:00 AM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm rating for the color rather than the product itself. The color is kind of a normal pink color. It looks kind of bright in the tube, but it goes on very tame. As with all Whipped Glosses, it is minty, but not sticky. I'd repurchase other colors but not this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2006 1:44:00 PM More reviews by margemynx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm convinced this is the perfect pink gloss. Sheer, not too warm and not too cool, and very smooth (not sticky at all). I adore it - I'm wearing it now.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2005 8:55:00 PM More reviews by DarkElf85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In the tube this looks like a warm watermelon, and since most pale pinks wash me out, I thought this was perfect. Infact I would say in the tube this is a dead ringer for L'Oreal's Watermelon Crush Colorjuice. The colour goes on a pale cool pink, mucho disappointment for me. But I've learn to work it, I just apply it sparingly and then it looks great. But my goodness, this product smells bad. I hate the minty smell, although it isnt as bad as it is in my limited edition plum punch (which is gorgeous btw) But the best thing about this product? The brush. I love it. Its nice and smooth, and far superior to the usual sponge tip applicators. Would I repurchase? Nope cause now I have 2 lip glosses that look the same. It's gonna take me ages to get through a whole tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2005 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Enigma_X

I really like this gloss, as it's a great color for me. (I have very fair, cool-toned skin.) The smell is rather gross, however. I have to ignore that when I apply. I have several of these glosses and they all stink. It's a mark of how much I like the colors that I keep wearing them. It is annoying that the writing wears off the tube if you leave it in your purse for a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2005 6:05:00 PM More reviews by dorkettex

Sheer Raspberry looked like a funky redish coral under the store light but when I took it home, it was more a of a blue based medium pink, still cute but not what I had hoped for. I like that this gloss is the perfect opacity, not too pigmented but sheer enough to let my natural color show and it's also pretty glossy. Sheer raspberry also lasted pretty well on my lips while still being light and creamy, like a whipped gloss? lol anyways, the brush applicator is also very nice and long but I notice that some whipped glosses have stiffer brushes than other and this was no exception. I also didn't notice a funky smell to this gloss either but there was no tingling sensation like the add described. Overall, a good buy but I would not repurchase because this pink is just too common but I love whipped glosses in general.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2005 5:37:00 AM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this color for its sheer cherry-pink color. It looks berry from the outside but softens when applied sparingly. I like using this when going out at night because it looks so cherry! i use the other almay shades during the daytime. like the others, its not sticky, non-gritty and its very affordable.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2005 10:27:00 PM More reviews by SouperGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd noticed this color in the past and was really tempted to buy it. I decided to check it out first and was suprised to find it got a lot of mediocre reviews. Several people I'd asked told me it's not a great gloss. I tried to put it out of my mind but every time I passed it I couldn't help but notice how pretty the shade was. Then this past week I noticed it was on sale buy one get one free and I just had to get it (I also bought see through for around $5.70 at walgreens). I don't think it's a bad gloss... I actually like it quite a bit. It's not exactly what I expected-- very pink. At first I was a little shocked but now it's really growing on me. The mint smell is faint and doesn't really bother me. I don't know whether or not I'd repurchase now that my curiosity has been satisfied... maybe if I see another shade I really like. Honestly, I don't see why it's so infamous. Overall, it's a nice gloss.