October 24, 2014 | 1953 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - Golightly

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

As pretty as this medium brown with gold shimmer is, it's staying power leaves something to be desired. No matter what primer I use beforehand, I can never get Stila shadows to last long. For this shadow, I get a lot of fallout from the shimmer, which is odd because its not large flecks of glitter. Just not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Karlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color, it is a satiny light brown/taupe that is perfect for a neutral, every day look. I wear it with Saddle in the crease.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by ssaddle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading pages on Stila ES I had to try one. All the comments on the packaging as being flimsy and found out the *pans* are truly meant to be placed in the Stila magnetized palettes (which are really nice btw). Now Stila is saying that all their shadows come in cases which are very nice on their own, but you can still take them out and use them in the palettes, which is a relief since I bought two 6-pan holders and one 4-pan holder. Golightly is perfection for brown/hazel eyes and I'm blown away at the staying power of all Stila eye shadows. This eyeshadow lasted through working out in the gym and biking, I find it amazing there is NO creasing considering how much I sweat. I never wear eye shadow during cycling or heavy training, but I did to test this eyeshadow because of all the hype and it really, really does not budge! I also find that using Kitten primer as a base is added insurance. Since this first purchase, I've bought 15 more colors and there were only two I didn't care for just because the color wasn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Im getting rather hooked on Stila e/s. This is a lovely not too dark & not too light brown with a goldish sheen. What i like best about this is that i don't need to wear a base under it for it to last all day on me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great Great Bronze Gold Brown shadow.

This is what I have been looking for. I also own Patina - great color, poor payoff but def a staple that is much lighter than this shade (and has a tad of olive duo chrome) but also totally neutral/cool. I had mulch (swapped it away..too red for my liking), woodwinked (more bronzy but love the buttery texture and staying power), and I also have the Mac Burning Ambition Illusionary Mineralized Duo.

Like the reviewer stated below..they are very close BUT I actually think Golightly is more gold less brown (only by a hair) but that difference is enough to show up as less brown on me and more gold - which I like. Also the texture of the Stila shadow is more buttery, has better payoff, and lasts longer.

I agree you don't need both - but if are able to get Golightly on sale (like I did for under 10 bucks!) and you have brown or blue eyes you must buy this shadow....even if you have similar ones..or get your hands on the MAC duo. Woodwinked, Smog and Tempting (to me those are like if this and Woodwinked had a baby), Patina, nothing comes close.

This is my favorite e/s and makes me want to wear e/s during the day again!....I wear as a wash for day and dress it up with UD Dark Horse at night. NC37, brown eyes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I came (((this))) close to buying Golightly and I'm glad I didn't, in the end, but I'll explain that in a moment.

Golightly is an absolutely GORGEOUS shade of bronzey, golden-tinged brown. The pigmentation and lasting power are both amazing and it's as smooth and blendable as most of the best Stila shadows. The only problem (and I'm so glad I swatched it heavily before heading home) is that is exactly the same shade as the brown side of MAC's Illusionary/Burning Ambition mineralized eyeshadow duo which is now, sadly, discontinued. Not "close", not "almost" but "exact" although Golightly seems to have better lasting power. So, if I ever manage to use up the brown side of that duo (I use it a lot, so this is likely), I would not hesitate to purchase Golightly as a replacement. If you are looking for a stunning brown shadow without any traces of red, get yourself Golightly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by sharmilaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a stunning color! just gorgeous. I wanted a bronze/gold/brown color so i decided to try a few at the mall to name some - Urban decay: Smog, Mac: Woodwinked, Tempting. Of all the colors I liked this one the best. It is deep and rich dirty brown bronze color that looks very unique compared to the others (maybe there is some sublte olive added to the shade but the olive is not at all noticeable).
Almost like a rich rich brown was churned in with bronze and olive with buttery texture and sophisticated sheen (no glitter shimmer that can look tacky). Golightly is similar to urban decay's Smog but definately richer in color and has more depth - has more sheen than shimmer.(try both the colors on each eyelid & you will notice golightly just stands out! - in color, texure & finish . The last time I went on Stila's website this was out of stock. Makes me look stunningly sexy.!
I have to try some more Stila colors (this was my first Stila eyeshadow), prefer these to Mac. Also Stila eyeshadow texture is just like butter - glides through in one stroke not like you are putting some powder or chalk on lids like some others.
Other options: Urban Decay Smog, Mac Tempting

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Jenstarlast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Great for dark blue/green eyes! The perfect brown bronze shade to brighten the eye but not too dark to wear to work nor too orange or red. Very nice staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Shannap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wear this shadow with Stila wheat and it looks amazing. Love this. Recommend highly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty bronze/neutral eyeshadow. It is similar to Urban Decay's smog eyeshadow but not as dark and bronze. Golightly seems to have a little more gold in it than smog does also. It has such a beautiful shimmer to it as many other Stila eyeshadows. I can use this quickly all over the lid without any other eyeshadow and it looks amazing with my brown eyes. I have even found myself skipping eyeliner! I use UD primer potion first as I do with all eyeshadow to make them stay. For reference I wear MUFE HD foundation color 118...used to wear NC20/25 in MAC