October 1, 2014 | 991 users online

Blush - Smashbox - Transparencies

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2004 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Aphrael813

I got Reveal, a deep berry red closing in on bronze, and Unveil, the iridescent pink. Well, I was surprised it was so soft and spongy, though I'd read the reviews. I was using the Sofina cheek mousses before and was expecting a drier mousse that goes to a powder finish immediately. I guess I was disappointed. Both colors wear well, but are still a tad greasy for my liking. Unveil is a really nice eyeshadow base as it's like the MAC Pink Opal pigment, which is my favorite. I think the product melted in transit, and got really runny on me. I probably wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2004 5:24:00 PM More reviews by kara_mia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this item in the new deep bronze color, reveal. The texture of this product is pretty amazing. The qvc makeup artist described this pretty well, it feels like a spongy fluffy mousse. Literally one tiny touch of your finger on the product gives you more than enough to do a whole cheek. I mean,touch, don't rub. The pigment is very concentrated. It's also amazing light, cool and non-pore clogging for what it does. My only gripe is that I am not particularly in love with the color I purchased as it was too similar to many products I already own. However, if this line comes out with some newer softer warm colors, I would definitely repurchase. Can be used on eyes, cheeks, lips, etc.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2004 7:15:00 PM More reviews by oolala30

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to the Smashbox counter and the MA demonstrated the transparencies for me. She said they were blendable, crease-proof, and could be worn on eyes, lips, and cheeks. I was so fascinated that I ended up buying three of these: Flaunt, Unveil, and Expose.

All are great colors and looked amazing on me depending on where I put them - Expose looks great everywhere, flaunt looks great on lips and eyes, unveil looks great on eyes. I also fell in love with the texture - something about them being spongy, I guess.

Anyway, I took them home and played with them and fell in love. The very next day, I put them to the real test - I wore them out as part of my FOTD (at least I tried to). Now that was a BIG mistake!! On the cheeks, the color lasted only a few hours, if that long. On the eyes, I was creased before I even left my house! I mean, I really creased BAD!!! I couldn't believe it!! I had to re-do my eyes, thus I was late for my appointment. I ought to write SB and tell them that - they made me late!!!

I wont be buying this product again. Its a bit over priced at $18, but I justified buying 3 at the price because I thought it was a great product for me that would last a long, long time.

I guess I still think its a great product for some people - just not people like me, i.e., people with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2004 9:02:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this. I have it in Flaunt. Goes on dewey and gives a luminous sheen (not irridesence and not shimmer). ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. A favorite already. It lasts a long time--which suprised me. The lightweight texture made me think it would disappear in twenty minutes. Lasts a good seven hours, which is pretty remarkable. The product, howevver, won't be so long lasting. Seems like it will probably be easy to go through, which is okay if it gives a beautiful glow and a radiant color.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2004 7:38:00 AM More reviews by tkaste

I do like this product. Recieved in a QVC TSV and I think the color is dewey and fresh, I have it in Flaunt. I do not find that it fades but I have older drier skin. I do agree with a previous reviewer about the nails as it gets further down in the jar, but since I have no nails due to my profession it will not be a prob for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2004 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I got this in Flaunt as part of the QVC TSV set. As a blush, i was very disappointed with this product. It comes in a small pot (same size as smashbox single shadow) which when it gets less full, will be a problem for anyone with nails. The texture is neat, a spongy type similiar to the new EL eye mousses. On this is a pretty shimmery pink with silvery shimmer. My problem with this was that i needed alot to get enough color (nc 30 skin and i like alot of color) and it faded after several hours. i was hoping this would last throughout the day since it took me so long to get enough on. i also found it somewhat difficult to get an even application. I also noticed the shimmer caused my pores to look larger. I wanted to like this but alas there are better products out there so i would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2004 12:32:00 AM More reviews by tulipswallow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great new blush product from Smashbox. It's a cream, but unlike any cream I've ever tried. First of all ... this one is whipped. It's really light, and totally blendable. It adds a sheer wash of color and it's very easy to apply. I have this in Smashing Flaunt which is a very light natural pink flush color. The consistency of this has to be felt to be believed.