July 24, 2014 | 2050 users online

Hair Treatments - Redken - Clear Moisture Water Rush ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

Goodness, it's been a long time since anyone has reviewed this. I suppose they changed the packaging since it comes in a tube, not the tub referenced below. I picked this up on clearance from the grocery store for $6. I would say it's okay. I have very dry, processed hair and have used this as a treatment only a couple of times so far. It's not really moisturizing enough for me. I much prefer the $30 Aveda Dry Remedy. Expensive, but it gives my hair a lot of moisture while this does not. I'll keep using it, but it's nothing special and I wouldn't recommend it. Even the Aussie 3 minute miracle is better.

I looked at the ingredients and saw waxes and parabens and silicones. I am even less impressed after looking at the list of ingredients even if it did work wonders for my hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by fiunit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was recommended this product for my fine, heat-styled, chlorine-abused, highlighted, very blonde hair. I wanted a treatment that would moisturise my hair so that the ends wouldn't fluff, and that would help undo some of the damage I inflict upon my hair. The first time I used this I was fairly happy with it, but with each subsequent use it seems to have done less for my hair. I find it works best if I actually get out of the shower, towel dry my hair, then sit in my dressing gown while it does its work. Afterwards, my hair is sleeker and easier to manage but the results don't last long. I think I'll try the Heavy Cream when I run out of this, as I've used the All Soft conditioner and even though it weighed my hair down with regular use, it was fine for occasional use. Kudos to Redken for the amount of product you get for your $ - however I'm not a fan of the massive pot with its screw on lid, it tends to be a bit awkward.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by gaika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this because it was recommended by my HD. I wanted something that was moisturising but at the same time not too heavy. I have oily scalp and dry coloured hair. It definitely didn't make the roots more oily (5 stars for that), but the moisturisation effect wasn't that impressive. It is definitely good if you only need a medium moisturisation, maybe for normal to slightly dry hair. The best thing about it is that it doesn't make the hair limp and doesn't weigh it down. Would give it 5 lippies, but the packaging sucks :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Dokkaews

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

With all the Redken products on the shelf, I just didn't know what to buy so I told the nice young lady at Price Attack that I wanted a treatment for my oily scalp, frizzy, very fine, dried end hair that I washed everyday. She picked Water Rush for me and told me to use it once every fortnight and wow, am I impressed. My hair hasn't been this soft for...I can't even remember how long. I flat iron nearly everyday but before using this, the frizzies still stood out. Now I've just got this soft, smooth, and shiny hair. I also love the smell which is a plus. It is quite expensive relative to other products on the market but you do get a generous amount. I don't even know where to buy it in Bangkok, which is where I live but I go to Australia regulary anyway so who cares! Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by meh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You know how silky, smooth, bouncy, and shiny your hair is after you go to the salon? This is an at-home product that gives the same results. I adore this product so much! I have a sensitive & oily scalp, and dry, thin, fine, stick straight hair. This makes my hair shiny, detangled, volumized, and basically awesome. It will make you want to flip your hair about in the breeze like a hair model.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2006 6:18:00 AM More reviews by ocicat

would prefer it in a bottle to squeeze out rather than use my hand in the pot to dig it out. a nice treatment that doesn't weigh down the hair but doesn't make a significant difference to my fine dryish hair......
    Still, i would keep buying it and alternate it with my usual Redken conditioner once a week or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2006 6:05:00 PM More reviews by selecu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Awesome, awesome, awesome stuff. Moisturizes well while leaving my long, straight, fine hair light, bouncy, and ever so shiny. Doesn't weigh down my hair or add buildup. I use per package instructions a few times a week, alternating with Dove Sheer Moisture or no conditioner at all. Feels like putting nothing in your hair, but upon rinsing and drying my hair loves marvelous. Like another reviewer, I am not a CKOne fan, but I love the smell of this stuff - very fresh and clean. Plus, I got this at a steal: 4 for about $12 on ebay.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2005 11:27:00 PM More reviews by pinkgoats

Really didn't like this. I have fine, very curly and frizzy hair. This stuff did nothing for it. Did not moisturize at all. When I rinsed it out it didn't feel like my hair had been conditioned at all. The texture is very watery clear gel like and I actually like that kind of texture but it just did not work for my hair. Also the smell is nauseating. Smells like CK1 to me and I loathe that stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2005 1:17:00 AM More reviews by karasmatek

This is my HG conditioner!!! But let me add, that if I were looking for a deep conditioner, this would NOT be the one :) I'm not sure why they call this a hair treatment...to me it is simply a lightweight, moisturizing, daily conditioner. I get shine, bounce and manageability with WaterRush like no other. (I often judge hair products by how they do with my DD's baby fine, dry, brittle, semi-curly hair...this stuff makes her look gawjusss!!!) I gave it a "4" simply because I think it should be called something other than a "hair treatment" which could be misleading to those looking for deep conditioning. This is a clear gel formula that rinses out very well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2005 1:23:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

Now THIS is what weightless moisture feels like. I needed a new daily conditioner and my stylist recommended this. I was a little apprehensive of using something that said "treatment" on it as a daily conditioner; the last time I used a treatment conditioner (Biolage's Conditioning Balm) as my daily conditioner, I ended up with mucho buildup (my mistake, I wasn't clarifying regularly then). But like other reviewers stated, this is rather watery for a treatment, which makes it very nice as a daily conditioner. My hair feels nourished and moisturized and looks shiny, with utterly no added weight and a light, pleasant, barely-there fresh smell. Though I must add, since I'm loving this as a daily conditioner, I don't know how I'd feel about using this as a treatment-treatment.