April 18, 2014 | 2108 users online

Treatments - Avon - Anew Clearly C face serum

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by renners

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Everything about this was average, it wasnt bad but it wasnt good. I've used better vit C products, this didn't give me that vit C 'glow' but my skin still felt good after using it.

I've ordered Nufountain's serum to try next as it has rave reviews and I'm hoping its better than this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I used this some time ago. This stung my face. Im not sure if it was because I have been using retin-a also or what. But after I introducted this I started breaking out and counld not continue using this. I was not surprised I broke out since upon application it did not absorb and felt like oil laying on my face.I heard that it got discontinued pretty much right after I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by greenvelvetdragon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I dont know about this product still being avilable in the US, but here in Australia it is alive and kicking in the Avon line up called cult classics! I tried it as it was on sale, and I will never stray. I have been using it for 2 months and its just done wonderous things for my skin. I use this in combo with Retrieve Cream (prescription Retin A as its called in Oz) and the results are fantastic.I have been using Retreive for almost 9 months and now I use Clearly C every third day from the Retreive cream, It makes my skin so soft and helps with any of the peelies I still get from time to time from the Retin A. A little goes a very long way too. My skin glows. It does tingle slighlty but only for a few seconds and the more I use use the less this happens. I love the consistency and texture, I dont find it to be too thick or sticky and I adore the fragrance. I dont believe I would use it every night as I am very happy with the result I get from Retieve, but I believe it makes a great companion to Retin A and I have noticed a signifanct improvement since combining it with Retrieve. I really like the way its packaged as the twist top gives it a completly safe closure that does not leak, even when travelling. I do keep it in a cloth bag to protect it from sunlight. Its just an all around great product and a very affordable C serum. I just bought a NuFace microcurrent device and will be putting this serum on underneath the conductive gel as recommended by NuFace, so I will update this review after I give that a go. I use La Roche Rosay Derm Aox during the day, and have for almost a year, but since I started using Clearly C my skin has improved significanlty.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Jane_Dewey

I started using this about a week ago, and it really cleared up my skin. I had to purchase it at the Avon store because it's discontinued. My dermatologist recommended this a while ago.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by tulipjulip

I just heard from my rep that this is being discontinued. I have used about half a bottle and I like the way it makes my skin feel, although it is tacky as the others have mentioned.I was hoping for some help with sunspots from this product, but it us too early to tell. It did not break me out, which is a big plus for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this 10% vitamin C serum. Applied at night it leaves my skin soft and smooth the next day. I added this to my regimen when my derm recommended I start using a vitamin C skin product. Its a bit sticky on my oily skin but I can handle the annoyance because of the great results. I love to use this to counteract the drying effects of retinol products. Its also very reasonably priced, I got it for $10 on sale. I've been using it for 6 months with no breakouts or other ill effects. Will definitely repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by diamondustt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all LOVE that its a pump and its airtight so the vitamin c stays fresh and wont evaporate (or whatever it does/reduce potency) away. I use a salicylic / glycolic acid serum after i wash my face so it can get dry but after i put one pump of this one my skin normalizes and is ready for a decent moisturizer. Over the past 5 months Ive been using this I can tell you truly it has made a WORLD OF A DIFFERENCE! Before i used the DHC acerola serum (very liquidy) and their gel even and got OK results nothing life changing. And Ive also used other vitamin C combinations from Sheseido and the like but really all those fading creams and serums are combos of acids and vitamin c. Those are the two things that will give you real results and their in every formulation of skin lightening - sun spot reducing - old acne mark erasing - skin tone evening product. This is also by far the cheapest 10% vitamin c serum ur going to find ANYWHERE. Its such a head ache that avon keeps bringing it out and taking it back. Right now they dont offer it but knowing avon (and if their smart) they'll bring it back soon enough. But anyway back to my result----> nothing short of WONDERFUL!! love this sooo much, moisturizing and really truly made such a difference on my face. Some days I dont even have to wear make up and I dont feel self conscious at all! My skin is so much more even and smooth and nice feeling I cant even being to tell you..this really saved my naked skin confidence. My skin glows and really did get ride of hmmm maybe 70% post acne marks on my face. maybe more..its great really. Dedicate your self to this and use it daily. But really after the first months I believe u will see a difference. And deffinitly after 3 months you will be a believe for life.
* Also keep in mind that this moisturizes and well so you may have to use a lot less of your normal moisturizer or you may even need to switch to a lighter one. Thats what I had to do, change my moisturizer.
...sorry I would post before and after pics but OMG, my skin was so horrible and unrepresentable before theres no way I can let anyone see it, but if you look at my profile pic im wearing VERY MINIMAL make up.

****Also dont forget to stock up when avon sells this again! They frequently do 2 for 1 deals so stock up then. And also dont forget to keep the bottle in a cool dark place like in your closet in a shoe box to help preserve the vitamin c till when you open it and every time after you use the pump to twist it back to the "closed" form (helps keep that evil air out!)

ANYWAY GO BUY IT!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by sugarcookielady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this every night under my moisturizer and it truly does brighten my complexion.
Unfortunately, it's being discontinued:( Need to stock up.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ymantra

This is a really good product, it is 10% vitamin C. I use when my skin gets dull and it's dry. The only thing with this serum is that is makes my skin a bit oily, which I like when my skin is dry!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used Skinceuticals CE Ferulic, and while the application of SCE absorbs much better, it is very very expensive. If you can't afford that, this is an excellent alternative. I apply in the evenings after facial cleansing. It feels sticky going on and you have to wait about 30 minutes until it fully absorbs. But your skin will look renewed in a short period of time with consistent use. Overall, this product is an excellent quality in effectiveness, and a very reasonable value when compared with others on the market. I also like the packaging quality. For that reason, I give it 5 stars.