August 22, 2014 | 1952 users online

Bronzers - The Body Shop - Shimmer Waves in Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 6:22:00 AM More reviews by linz75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was always thinking of getting a bronzer to add a bit more color to my face/cheek, but hesitant. Actually I once bought Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder but I guess it's not a good color for me or I shouldn't use it for touch ups (hoping it would make my complexion less pale), hardly show anything except my face ended up looking muddy.

I just bought Shimmer Waves in Bronze and really like the finish. It adds a good amount of both color and shimmer if I sweep all the color together. I could also use them one by one, it could be use as blush, eyeshadow or to lightly contour.
Everything would end up natural, for everyday look.
Great for them who wants to add color to complexion without looking too much.

Downside is I think the packaging looks fragile.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have had this a few days and have to say I really love it! I have lots of bronzers and shimmery things but this is unlike anything I have. I was a bit hesitant the bronze would make me look a bit muddy because I am fair skinned. It all comes down to how you apply this. I sweep my brush over all the colors so they blend then shake off any excess. It’s best to start with a bit of product and build the color otherwise you could end up looking too shimmery. I make sure I blend and blend some more with a flat topped bronzer brush. On me this is naturally noticeable but not in a bronzed baked way. More like a “Hey I just sat in the sun and got a bit of color”. My skin is left looking glowing and I find it makes me look fresh and rested. Even in natural light it just gives my skin more light and soft dimension. I like this 10x better than my MAC MSF in Gimme Sun. Overall I am very impressed with this product and for the price, I think it’s definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by ShazboTastic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this and love it. It gives my skin a healthy glow without making me look orange or muddy. I like how I can use the golden colour as an eyeshadow too and the middle two as bronzer. Very versatile which makes it excellent value for money

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by abby897

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have purchased this bronzer so many times I've lost count - got my mum, sisters and friends hooked on it!! LOVE it. Great as a highlighter/ bronzer and as eyeshadow (medium coverage). The gold is nice for corners of eyes and highlighting brow bone - I mostly use this, the peachy pink shade and the dark brown. The copper and rust shades are not my favourites for eyes but would probrably be great for blue eyes (mine are hazel).

It lasts a long time also - my current one I've had for 1.5 years and still going strong.

Recently purchased the 02 Blush shade as well and liking it a lot - nicer highlighter for winter and paler skin. Shades work well as eyeshadow also, especially if you like natural pinks.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by q8a6y5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great as a bronzer and blush. It looks like this one in bronze is more pigmented than the one in blush. The colour comes off more.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

The packaging is meh, plastic.

I tried using it as eyeshadow but the colours are too much red in brown and not brown-brown (if that makes sense) so my eyes look conjunctivitis.
Too much shimmer for base so a definite no-no.

Will try it as bronzer and see how I feel.
Though to be honest, I doubt it will work as I use Nars Orgasm blush which in itself already contains some shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 7:12:00 AM More reviews by vkadriani

I'm using this as a bronzer. And looove this! It works so well in my cheeks :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Bex255

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this stuff! It's a bit pricey, but after two months of using it very frequently I haven't so much as made a tiny dent in it so definitely worth the price. I use it as a highlighter, as well as a super quick eyeshadow. It also works well as an all-over bronzer but because it is very shimmery, I only use it as a bronzer on nights out. Definitely recommend it if you're looking for a quick eyeshadow, greater highlighter/blush or a super sparkly night out kind of bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I have the older colour which is more peachy. I saw this and was tempted to get this as a bronzer. I've used mine to highlight the cheekbones and the just under the brow, on the collarbone and it's great to achieve a bronzey dewy look. And also it seems to lasts forever so tho it's a bit pricey, it's quite worth the money. Pigmented and long staying power. Don't over do it cos it's pretty shimmery.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by danaylchan

WOW! I love this product! The colours suit me very well and it works as eye shadow, blush AND bronzer. Beautiful colours and a nice small packaging that you can take with you very easily. The only thing I didn't like about it is that it is shimmery. Now, it's not actually THAT shimmer, its that I am not a very shiny person, so if there was a matte version of this, I would buy in a heart beat, but this is still very good. It has that 'summer glow' look to it so it is very natural and fresh. It's great for both day and night make up! so I love it! It was rather expensive, but considering that this is for most face related make up I would put on, it's worth it