November 22, 2014 | 1723 users online

Eyes - Mary Kay - Fig Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by yuyu122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love the color in the package but I have to use a lot of product to get this color on my eyelids. It's not very pigmented, but not bad.

It lasts good for me and is not chalky, but I need to use a primer to get the color to show up...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by hodetovervannet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have never given a thought to Mary Kay anything but this e/s deserves a standing ovation! If someone told me that for the rest of my life I could only use one color, this would be it. Plummy brown without shimmer. Smooth and pigmented. Can be used with a light hand for a natural look or darker for evening. Color is so flattering as it's a warm plum brown which is a lot leas boring than brown alone. I had MAC Embark which is kind of similar in color but I swapped it because of the hard consistency. Love this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2008 12:44:00 PM More reviews by sharopooks

This is a lovely duo but I can't rave as much as others are raving about this. I'm an Asian MMM/GGG so perhaps if I was fairer I'd like this more. The light shade is too light for me but if I swirl it w/ the darker shade, it comes out a nice highlighting shade of pale violet. The darker shade is a pretty medium purple but I wish it were deeper so I could better use it as a liner/corner shade. The texture is smooth & lasts a while. This duo is lovely & a nice addition to my collection, it fulfills the need to have a few cooler shadows because I tend to gravitate towards the warmer ones. I'd consider purchasing this again, but it's not a must-have...just using this up at this point, actually... I'd give this a 3.5 if I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by TheLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this eye color. I use the darker shade wet as an eyeliner and it looks really pretty...I especially like it since I have green eyes and I like the way purple looks with them, but I think the color would work for just about anyone. I haven't used the lighter shade, as I bought this before it was turned into a duet, but MK eyeshadows are very high quality, so I'm sure it's good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2006 11:47:00 PM More reviews by brown_eyed_belle

I wish this came in something other than the little things you're supposed to pop into the compact. Anyways, I really like this with my very fair skin and very dark hair and eyes. It's a very pretty purple. It goes well with the Pink Diamonds gloss - I bought them together after I tried it all as part of a seasonal face combination. I also like to use either one of the lavenders with Sonia Kashuk Cocktail Hour Powder Pair, usually the sparkly gray one, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2006 7:20:00 PM More reviews by brunettegirl4321

This was a pretty good eyeshadow with a decent consistency. It's a purple eyeshadow duo- one is a lavender color and the other is sort of like a deep violet. However, you need to be careful when putting on the violet one because if you put on too much, you'll look veeeery bad! So mostly I just use it as an eyeliner. Overall, this was a good product. I didn't really, really love the shade of these 2 shadows, but I might buy more Mary Kay shadows in different colors later on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2006 12:52:00 AM More reviews by shrimpchips

LOVE THIS! and this is definitely one of the more "wearable" purple duos that i have come across. the fig duo incudes a nice plummy purple color and a lighter purple color for highlight. dark colors still scare me sometimes so i usually end up putting the lighter shade over the lids and the darker shade in the crease but no matter how you wear it, chances are it'll still look gorgeous! the shadows have a nice, smooth texture and are easy to blend. a little goes a long way and the best part? $6.50/ea, whether you get a single shade or a duo shade like fig.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2005 8:04:00 PM More reviews by nannamupp

Gorgeous

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2004 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Pinktop33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like MK eye products, but this Fig one is not for me. I guess I'm the exception here in this review - I see it got 100 percent favorability.

The reason I didn't like "Fig" was probably more of a personal preference. I noticed Fig has reddish undertones which cause my eyelids, esp. during allergy season, to look even pinker than they are Hence, the effect becomes the "tired eye" look.

Still, i buy other MK shadows but I try to steer anyway from any of the purples or browns that have too much pink or red in them.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2004 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Bagbabe53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fig was a great replacement to my old Smoky Plum. Really makes my hazel eyes look greener! One of MK's best and least noticed products are their eyecolors, which can be worn wet or dry. For some reason in the beauty press, this never gets any play... I use many brands for other things, BTW.