Mary Kay Spun Silk Eyeshadow

4.5

on 4/24/2013 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

love this color!!! it is gorgeous as a lid color or a highlighter it is natural yet beautiful.

on 1/19/2011 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this color this was the first eyeshadow I boght when I was 13. I liked it then because it was very subtle and added a little shimmer to my lids without being very obvious.

Now I'm on my second package... I finished the first pan last week, and I'm 23!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, 10 years!!!!! It has a lot of product in the package(the old rounded package, not the small rectangle...), It broke sometime and I mended it...

I bought a replacement cheap when they were changing the packages to the small rectangles, and I was afraid they discontinue the color...

I use this color as lid color for natural looks or as a highlighter for intense eyemakeup like very dark smokeys. I'm an NC35, so it is almost my skintone, but with a subtle shimmer.

I don't know if they still produce this color, but I hate the new packages... so I won't buy it maybe...in 10 years?

on 10/3/2010 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm on the fence with this one, because it looks so pretty in the pan, but when it's actually on the eyelids, for some reason, it doesn't have the same effect. I would say this is a neutral champagne color with the slightest pink undertone and super fine shimmer... so fine that it actually ends up looking dusty. I can't quite describe it, but the shimmer is super subtle, and when on the lids ends up making them look dry or dusty rather than shimmery. The color is pretty, although doesn't show up very obviously on the skin due to its tone. The shadow itself is hard to pick up out of the pan... I have to run my brush in it several times just to get some on there, and then must pack it on my lids just to see it (yes, even over a primer/base). I'd say it's really sheer. I suppose for some, this may be a good shadow for professional looks, or for older women looking for a toned-down shadow that has slight shimmer but isn't obnoxious. If you plan to wear this at night, however, you definitely won't be able to see it. Basically it's a super sheer, subtly shimmery skin-tone shadow that's not highly pigmented. It's pretty, but I would not repurchase.

on 9/13/2010 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a cream/champagne colored shadow that is very neutral. It's not very shimmery, and I'd prefer it be more shimmery. It doesn't show up well on my skin, either, but that's just due to the color itself, not that it isn't pigmented, because it is. A decent shadow. Nothing to write home about.

on 9/11/2010 11:44:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE spun silk! I use it every single day, as a base color and highlight color. It is a not-to-shimmery, champagne-y, cream color. I usually just wear spunk silk alone, one the lid up to the brow bone, but it looks amazing with browns, blues, greens, lilacs, basically anything and everything. I will definitly be repurchasing this item!

on 5/2/2010 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was the very first highlight color I ever bought. It's a pale shimmery creamy off white-pink color, man big description there. On my skin it's more of a champagne color. I cannot say enough good things about this shadow. It's extremely soft and goes on like a charm. I used this for years and years then found Mac and still find myself reaching for this. I have the old style with backups and new style with backups so I highly doubt I will run out but yes I would repurchase!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Very nice, neutral shade. Pigmented and blends very well. Good color to have that goes with many looks.

on 6/23/2009 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a sample of this eyeshadow.

It's a very nice product. A pale shimmery off-white color with some pink. On your skin it looks much lighter, more silvery than on the swatch. Good as a highlighter color. Nicely pigmented. I would consider buying it.

on 5/29/2009 5:59:00 PM

This is very high quality eye shadow. Even though it's a neutral color, it still shows up very well on my skin and looks great. I've had a problem with eye shadow not staying on for very long but this seems to last a bit longer, though probably not all day.

The problem is, it is way overpriced. $6.50 for one eye shadow is insane. So, even though it's a good color and mineral eye shadow, I will not be buying it again.

on 12/31/2008 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this as a highlighter all the time....it never fades,etc....imo its not overly shimmerey either. This is my fave highlighter of all time cuz I keep coming back to it like no other.

Top Rated Mary Kay Products