Ole Henriksen Walnut Complexion Scrub

3.8

on 7/3/2015 3:22:00 PM

Love this product! Like honestly it's amazing. Okay, I get it. Using anything that reminds me of St. Ives Apricot Scrub is like soooo not what skin care is today. However this product AS PART OF your skin routine is imperative. Again, part of your routine. I have oily/combo skin. Love to exfoliate vis a vis Retin A, Acids etc. My skin is always bright and balmy. Don't go to town on this...like a good dessert - no more than 2x per week!!!

on 4/8/2015 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

okay, i know this is bad because walnut pieces cause microtears in your skin because they're awkwardly shaped - but i really loved this scrub when i was using it. it made my skin extremely soft and definitely did a great job exfoliating my dry skin flakies. however, i switched to an AHA and haven't looked back since. it's more of personal preference, i guess, but i prefer chemical exfoliation.

on 1/26/2015 2:20:00 PM

Ole Henriksen's Walnut Scrub is way to abrasive for even the toughest skin. Even drugstore apricot scrubs aren't as rough on my skin. The problem is, great exfoliation comes from BHA/AHA's or use microfine particles, none of which the walnut scrub covers. Exfoliating should really be used to remove dead, dry skin so that moisturizer can better penetrate the skin. Something this abrasive is completely unnecessary and will damage skin and encourage breakouts in some people. There are better options at Rite-Aid than this scrub, I won't repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I strongly dislike this scrub. It smells wonderful and has a nice lather, but it is way too abrasive for my skin. I love a good exfoliation, as I feel it is the only thing that helps my dry skin in winter - but this is not the one for me. It feels like I am scratching my skin when I use it. Despite it being almost too good at exfoliating my skin, there aren't enough "scrubby particles" for it to adequately exfoliate all areas of my skin. I much prefer my Laura Mercier scrub if I want manual exfoliation.

I also did not like the jar packaging. I like to bring my exfoliator into the shower with me, and the jar is inconvenient because it allows spray from my shower to get into it and dilute it.

on 12/9/2013 2:51:00 PM

This product does not exfoliate well at all, especially not for the price indicated on the label. There are so many better exfoliating scrubs that are microfine and that really remove flakes of dead skin it is simply wasteful to purchase this scrub. The granules are very coarse, but there are not enough of them to actually do any exfoliating. I also feel that this scrub is a bit drying in and of itself. This was ineffective for me.

This is one hardcore exfoliter! If you like a real good exfoliator once in a while try this out this is strictly just for exfoliation it's not gonna make acne disappear or get rid of wrinkles. Now because this is microdermabrasion type exfoliator you may actually break out a bit due to the friction which stimulates oil glands and so the purging process begins! This will help your products absorb so much better and your brightening products will work better too and remember to moisturze after this exfoliator. I love this stuff I highly recommend it.

on 11/14/2013 2:34:00 AM

This is the best scrub I have tried so far and I have been using it for a year now. I just bought my second jar of it, and I don't believe that I'll ever switch to another scrub.
In general I'm a huge fan of the Ole Henriksen products and this is not an exception!

on 9/3/2013 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

While I like the candy-ish smell and the soft, slimy texture when I first dig it out, I find it rather harsh and painful on my skin. It feels like tiny rocks scrubbing my skin. After very gently rubbing it around, I rinse and my skin does feel a bit smoother. However, I have very dry, thin skin, so I'm going to try something else especially for dry skin, perhaps the L'Occitane shea butter exfoliator next.

on 4/24/2013 5:47:00 PM

The only downfall of this product is that it is really expensive but since you only use a tad bit once a week it shouldn't be too bad. It helped me where my skin flakes around my nose and brightened my complexion overall. You definetly have to follow with a good lotion because it is pretty harsh.

on 12/31/2012 12:28:00 AM

I just used it for the first time, and it was AMAZING!
My face has been so dry because of the cold weather. Once I used this product my dry skin disappeared! smells really good too!
It is however a bit pricey.
Happy with this product.