August 22, 2014 | 1627 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Penny Lane

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Aah Penny Lane - The Beatles obviously love you, but I have a love/hate relationship with you, and this is why. You smell and not in a nice wafty perfumy way but in a stinky going off kind of way! I have only had you coming up nearly a year and always only dipped clean brushes in but you have become tainted anyway..
Moving on I do love this colour, I am NC15 and in summer can use this as a bronzing blush, which I have experimented with and love to stipple on with a RT stipple brush and layer lightly with Nars The Multiple in Luxor - blend, and then a very light dusting of The Balm Cindy Lou-manizer - for a warm peachy/brown sunkissed glow..
In winter when I'm back to my pale and pasty usual self this serves me much better as a bronzer and shows up with more of a definite brown on my skin. I would not repurchase due to the smell and have other products that would serve the same purpose. Maybe I got a dud so if you are interested please don't let my experience with the smell put you off - I had to buy this online so dont know how old it already might have been.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Hvabercrombie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product truly is the best color for fair skin- it is beautiful when you first put it on. As others have mentioned, the staying power is horrible. I have to apply a good amount for it to show up, this is just different in comparison to other nars products that you only need a smidgen of. However I have had if for almost a year now & still haven't come close to hitting pan!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by tamineseoud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this cream blush! The color is better for fair/light skin and it just gives a healthy color to the cheeks. Totally worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A big meh on me. I like the consistency better than the Multiples as a cream blush, but I find the staying power poor. And, this color is just too pale and too blue, almost gray, even though I am generally an ivory or porcelain in most foundations.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Such a lovely blush for pale skin! I'm NW15-20 and this adds a perfect, pretty & natural flush of colour that makes me look more awake. I received this in a swap & it's not a product I would have initially picked myself - the colour looks like a dusty rose in the pan which I'd normally deem unflattering for my skin, plus I normally use powder blushes. Now I've been converted!

My E.L.F. blush brush is perfect for application, the small size being perfectly suited for the small NARS compact, and I blend it into the top of my cheekbones. This does look better the more it's blended. The consistency of the product is quite a solid cream but still very easy to apply - I normally stay away from very liquid or runny cream blushes purely because of mess. It applies on pale skin much more pink and very natural rather than the dusty, almost purple pink in the pan. And unlike other blushes, it actually seems to stay in place all day! Even after wearing it for a busy 10 hours, it's still there and doesn't cake up or separate at all on top of my makeup.

Since this has been my favourite blush all summer, I can't wait to try out more of NARS' cream blushes - the finish, application and lasting power is remarkable and I'd recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by nadilakartika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i will put you to the test

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While I wanted to love this, I have an extremely hard time getting it to show up on my skin. My skin is lightly medium toned during the summer, so not dark at all, and yet I could barely see this blush. I felt like I was wasting product trying to build it up. Otherwise it's a gorgeous color, I wish it would work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I wore this my date said "I love the color on your face".."you have an amazing glow" NC20. yellow undertoned asian.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

My favorite nars cream blush. It's a natural looking nude-pink blush that looks very nice and understated on my nw15 skin. The staying power is very good as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Naikoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

asian, lighter than nc15
I LOVE this cream blush, unlike other cream blushes that stay dewy/greasy this one dries to a powder finish. It is a neutral peach, and is great for adding shape to my face. It is so neutral that it still works as a blush, but looks very natural as it some how sculpts the face. There is a very faint shimmer, but you cant see it once it is applied. I use this almost every day! Great if you have fair skin!