April 19, 2014 | 1860 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Toast of New York

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this for myself as a birthday gift. I was in the mood for something different and I saw this at Ulta and knew I had to get it. This goes on my pigmented lips as a reddish brown shade with a slight orange undertone. It does look nice against skintone and brings some nice color to my face when I don't feel like wearing much makeup. The formula goes on smooth and doesn't dry out my lips. It also doesn't fade funky. It is currently my favorite shade to wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my new favourites. When my Chocolate Velvet was discontinued I decided to embrace reality and pick some other shades. Revlon still has a bunch of retro shades from the 50s through 90s. Toast of New York is in the new fall lineup; it has not been discontinued yet. Now is the time to stock up. All this talk online of Cindy Crawford wearing it in the 90s, and I can't find a single picture of her wearing it, or the famous ad. In the pictures I can find, she always wore a true red or a dusky red or a total nude beige. But as I do her workout and totally relate to her type of beauty, I wanted to give this a chance. This shade is totally orange red but in a beautiful way. It's not a brownish orange. It doesn't look like toast, or New York. For some reason even though I lean toward burgundies, I love the way this looks. I don't believe I ever got it before because I didn't go for the orange reds. You can't see the shade with my flash camera; all shades look alike or I'd post a photo. Anyway, I am currently rotating this with Love That Pink, Love That Red, Coffee Bean, Berry Rich, and Wine With Everything. I am even layering them or adding a gloss if the mood strikes. They all are beautiful and my drug store had a great 3 for the price of 2 sale. I spent more on a GOSH lipstick that I don't even like as much. I am a big fan of Revlon even though they change their lineup too much. They still have plenty of beautiful shades and they are unscented and have a wonderful consistency. They do wear off easily but reapplying them is half the fun. I adore this lipstick. Celebrate being female in a time when so much is available to enhance our looks, and get several.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Toast of New York is thee 90's lipstick, I might buy it again just for the hell of it... and the memories. Everyone and their mom wore this shade because it looked so good on Cindy Crawford. I think women were just tired of the frosty pinks from the 80's and wanted a modern reddish brown.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I bought this when the local drugstore was having a buy one, get one 50% off deal. I was actually more interested in the other color I picked up. However, when I got home and tried both colors, this one blew me away. It's so pretty. It's a reddish brown that is kind of neutral looking. It really looks great with my skin tone. The formula is very nice too. Almost as good as lipsticks that are double the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this colour, but it's not one that I'd run out and buy again when I'm all out (whenever that is). I can tell this colour is going to last me a while because I really don't use it that much. It comes off a little orangey red, which seems to only look nice on me when I'm wearing navy blue, black or dark brown clothing. I'm really trying to work with this colour but, I find it quite difficult and I don't think it should be this hard. As always, Revlon's lipsticks are VERY moisturizing and I do love the consistency and lasting power, but it's just the colour that I'm having issues with.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Firestarter303

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This used to be my go-to lipstick when I was younger and now I'm wondering why I ever strayed. It's still a beautiful color and you can't beat the price. If you don't like it you can always return/exchange it, even at Target. I personally like the package; I like that I can view the color without having to open it or better yet grab one that was already opened. Give it a try or if you're like me then come back to it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by janetbustamante

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Itīs my everyday shade lipstick, it works with most of makeups but i think specially with neutral brownish eyeshadows.
This color makes me feel like healthy, sexy and sophisticated. Iīm medium light skin like nw20 and nc20, neutral and this color lipstick match me perfect
Itīs like a red-little orange- brownish color. But it doesnt make your teeth look yellow, donīt worry. I just love this color lipstick and hope revlon never discontinues it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by mikiesmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice shade that will compliment most skin tones. It is as good as any lipstick that cost me quadruple the price. It also has staying power. Not sure why some say it's for a particular season vs daytime or nightime, but it's a great daytime look for me. Best of all is the dirt cheap price along with a quality product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Vyzie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Makes me look good even when I'm very sleep- deprived. Very, very flattering colour. Not too drying either.

Boring packaging. I expect it's because of the price!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most-used lipstick in my large collection, because it's just so perfect and foolproof for my coloring (fair, freckled, yellow-toned redhead). It's a medium reddish-brown that can be dabbed on for more of a beige/tan look, or applied full-strength for a deeper russet red. Some browns are too dark and harsh for me, particularly as I near 40, but this one is always lovely on me, even when I just pair it with concealer and no other makeup. It also isn't overly orange, and doesn't make my teeth look yellow like some orangy-reds do. The reason this shade has survived so long in the Revlon lineup is that it transcends trends-- isn't muddy and corpse-like as some '90s brown lipsticks were, and simply flatters warm complexions very well. I can't see this working well on cool-toned gals, and pale blondes might find it a bit too deep, but otherwise it's very versatile.

I like the Super Lustrous formula--I think Revlon makes the best drugstore lippies. It's very smooth and creamy, opaque, doesn't feather, and can be blotted for a matte look. I end up reaching for this one over my MAC Chili, which is just a touch too orange and TOO matte for my comfort.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No