Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Toast of New York 325

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I can't believe I had forgotten about this lip colour for so long. I have tons and tons of red lipsticks but this one takes the cake! It is the perfect shade of red brown that I can dress up and down depending on my mood. I can wear this everyday to work yet also on a night out. It is definitely not the bright red or true red so if you're looking for those this is not it. This just reminds me a fall / winter deep sort of red with hints of brown in it to make it muted, sophisticated, and sexy, all at the same time. It compliments my NC15-20 Asian skintone beautifully with or without makeup. It is very creamy and doesn't dry out my lips. It has the perfect sheen to it so it doesn't look dull on the lips and thus it doesn't require a gloss on top. Definitely a must have for the fall and winter months! Please do NOT discontinue this lip colour Revlon!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The staple red brown, slight orange color has been around for years. Incredible everyday lipstick. It is an even application and very moisturizing. Very glam with my nc42 yellow Asian skin tone. No animal testing. Very cheap in price but gorgeous overall! I like it for fall and winter.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Classic Cindy Crawford shade, makes me feel glamorous and subtle enough for daily wear

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Really pretty shade and extremely flattering for WOC. Copper color that's good for everyday wear, and the lipstick is pigmented and creamy.

I would like to propose a special "toast to Revlon" for keeping this color around for so many years. I have so many reds in my lipstick collection and was in need of something more toned down and this is it! Goes on smooth; no flaking or bleeding - a real must-have for your makeup bag.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this for myself as a birthday gift. I was in the mood for something different and I saw this at Ulta and knew I had to get it. This goes on my pigmented lips as a reddish brown shade with a slight orange undertone. It does look nice against skintone and brings some nice color to my face when I don't feel like wearing much makeup. The formula goes on smooth and doesn't dry out my lips. It also doesn't fade funky. It is currently my favorite shade to wear.

Very nice color for my nc30 Asian skin tone! An orangey red brown color.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one of my new favourites. When my Chocolate Velvet was discontinued I decided to embrace reality and pick some other shades. Revlon still has a bunch of retro shades from the 50s through 90s. Toast of New York is in the new fall lineup; it has not been discontinued yet. Now is the time to stock up. All this talk online of Cindy Crawford wearing it in the 90s, and I can't find a single picture of her wearing it, or the famous ad. In the pictures I can find, she always wore a true red or a dusky red or a total nude beige. But as I do her workout and totally relate to her type of beauty, I wanted to give this a chance. This shade is totally orange red but in a beautiful way. It's not a brownish orange. It doesn't look like toast, or New York. For some reason even though I lean toward burgundies, I love the way this looks. I don't believe I ever got it before because I didn't go for the orange reds. You can't see the shade with my flash camera; all shades look alike or I'd post a photo. Anyway, I am currently rotating this with Love That Pink, Love That Red, Coffee Bean, Berry Rich, and Wine With Everything. I am even layering them or adding a gloss if the mood strikes. They all are beautiful and my drug store had a great 3 for the price of 2 sale. I spent more on a GOSH lipstick that I don't even like as much. I am a big fan of Revlon even though they change their lineup too much. They still have plenty of beautiful shades and they are unscented and have a wonderful consistency. They do wear off easily but reapplying them is half the fun. I adore this lipstick. Celebrate being female in a time when so much is available to enhance our looks, and get several.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Toast of New York is thee 90's lipstick, I might buy it again just for the hell of it... and the memories. Everyone and their mom wore this shade because it looked so good on Cindy Crawford. I think women were just tired of the frosty pinks from the 80's and wanted a modern reddish brown.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this when the local drugstore was having a buy one, get one 50% off deal. I was actually more interested in the other color I picked up. However, when I got home and tried both colors, this one blew me away. It's so pretty. It's a reddish brown that is kind of neutral looking. It really looks great with my skin tone. The formula is very nice too. Almost as good as lipsticks that are double the price.

Recommended for Medium Skin