September 2, 2014 | 1824 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Veluxe - Trax

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Englishvik

This was my first ever Mac eyeshadow and it's still one of my all time favourites :) blends beautifully with other colours and look great blended into the crease especially!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this after seeing it on my hairdresser. It's a great color if you apply it lightly for fair skin. The first time I put on too much and didn't like it. I love using this with just a blender brush and black eyeliner. It looks nice with green eyes. Usual great MAC quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very hesitant to buy this eye-shadow once I knew the price for it. It turned out pretty surprising. I apply Trax over a copper shade and have received several compliments. Trax is a pretty color. I love how it's not really purple. It's an edgy shade that reminds me of the galaxies.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Catherrine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

So, firstly. I do not intend to slam Mac as I actually quite like the quality of their eyeshadows. This, however, did not live up to my expectations.This was my first eyeshadow from Mac and I was super excited to try it. When I swatched it, it wasnt very pigmented, but i figured it would show up better on the eye. How wrong was I. This eyeshadow lacks pigment. It is probably one of the most useless products I own. It cost me €12.50 and now, I realise it was such a waste of money. The eyeshadow simply does not show up on the eye, no matter how much you pack it on. I doubt it was just my one that is like this. Overall, I'm very unimpressed with this eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using MAC for years and years and have an almost embarrassing number of their eye shadows because eye shadow is probably my favourite type of makeup (and also, I just am weak and have no willpower!). But Trax is a shadow I'd never had any interest in owning and I always thought it was quite red toned and, for me, a shade that would be unflattering. Then, as often happens, I saw a youtube tutorial by "Ministry of Makeup" that used this and I got obsessed with owning it and trying to layer it over the very many bases and cream shadows/shadow pencils that have come out in recent years. So when MAC had an "express free shipping" offer, I ordered a few things I can't get at my local MAC counter (including pro pan shadows). While this isn't the most pigmented colour (I'd actually rate it 3.5 "lippies" if I could), I am so glad I got this. The pinky plum of Trax, when applied to my mobile lids, really enhances the colour of my dark brown eyes. A bit of neutral, darker shadow in the crease (Bobbi Brown Saddle or Too Faced Garter Belt are very similar grey/neutrals that work really well for me), some black liner and mascara and my eyes really become a focal point! Trax is NOT a Veluxe finish - it is a VELVET according to MAC's website - and I'm a bit disappointed that this isn't as pigmented when applied as it looks in the pan but layering it over a coloured base like Powersurge eye kohl does help it show up better and bring out the golden sheen that is present in this shadow. Trax is far from being my favourite eye shadow but, like Sable and Tempting, I like the effect it gives when I can take the time to get it to show up with more impact.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Stephaniejeann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a beautiful color in the pan, and it can be on the lid if you use it with some extra help. I used the NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencil in oyster underneath and it turned out beautifully. With Trax on the lid all over, and a little gold eyeshadow in the middle it really brings out the gold shimmer. I really like this color, but unfortunately it doesn't turn out great without a colored base.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Maybe I'm just not wearing it right, or maybe it's my skintone (NW20) but it always just makes me look like I've got a shiner. Boo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I bought this a couple weeks ago, and I'm honestly not impressed. I tried this on the lid with a smokey crease and a nude lip. It just didn't look right. Maybe I should try using it different ways, but for now I'm disappointed. I wouldn't repurchase either. I love MAC shadows, but this one's a bust.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Trax is a plummy-purple with gold glitter specks. Very similar the plum shade in the NARS 'Habanera' duo. It's one of my all-time favourite MAC eyeshadows and I wear it nearly every single day all over my lid and blended into my crease with Urban Decay 'Sin' in my inner corners. Now, I have to be honest and say the pigmentation isn't outstanding - sometimes I really have to pack it on my lids with my 239 brush, which can be an annoyance. But, I'm willing to forgive that aspect because I just love the colour and sparkle of Trax so much. If you have very dark brown eyes, it's well worth a look!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

Such a pretty colour but sadly horrible pigmentation!
For some reason I only swatched this on my fingertips before buying it, and didn't try to swatch it on my hand - otherwise I would've seen how sheer it is. On my fingertips it showed up like a subtle purple shade with gold shimmer, and I instantly fell in love. At home though, when I put it where it's intended to be, on my eyes, I was shocked to find it just doesn't show up! All I could see was the golden shimmer, none of the purple! (and I'm not a massive fan of shimmery and glittery things)
I've tried this with different products underneath, on its own, just over a primer, you name it, but it is just too sheer! If you try packing it on, you only get more gold shimmer, and barely any of the colour, so you end up looking like a disco ball.
What a disappointmet.
I still use this (I hate wasting products), sometimes over a nude primer, as a wash of (barely any) colour, or over eyeshadows in the middle of my lid as a bit of a highlight, or sometimes if I want to add a different effect to a matte shadow. But I wanted to use this as a regular eyeshadow colour, which I can't do, so I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.