October 20, 2014 | 1912 users online

Deodorants - Donna Karan - Cashmere Mist Deodorant

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by cici13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this deodorant after reading all the rave reviews. It is very expensive for a deodorant ($24 at Ulta) but I was willing to try anything after my Mitchum Advanced Control invisible solid started leaving me smelling funky after their formula change. DKCM is awesome! It keeps me smelling fresh all day and even into the next. However with having talc, silica, corn starch AND 15.4% aluminum you'd think it would manage to keep you dryer than it does. It works well as an antiperspirant for day to day, but it did not hold up on a hot summer day at the county fair. The scent is nice for a deodorant, but I wouldn't go out and purchase the rest of the items in the Cashmere Mist collection. The first few days I wore this I did smell it all day long but now I must've gotten used to it because I only catch a whiff here and there which to me means it's still working! The packaging is simple and elegant and I like the twist on top as it's good for traveling. I will definitely repurchase this as it's the only deodorant that I've tried so far that doesn't leave me smelling rancid by the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Kiwiblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the scent, hate the fact it is a solid. Mine is prone to leaving small pieces on my floor, seems to flake off while being applied. Maybe I got an old product?
The outer casing is horrible for showing fingerprints and marks which cannot be removed.
This does work well, keeps me dry and smelling sweet and I have already repurchased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first, I was embarrassed to admit I spent this much on deodorant. But holy moly it works!

I cycle through new deodorant - drugstore and LUSH and Kiehls and healthfood store brands - about every three weeks because inevitably something quits working.

This has not stopped yet and it's been months. Now, my routine is generally to shower at night and apply a little bit of Mitchum Men's 48 hour unscented deodorant, which I think provides a good base for dryness.

I then apply the DK in the a.m. before work, or when I'm going out. It's gives off a nice scent when you get warm, my pits don't drip with sweat nor does it mix poorly with scents I do wear.
I do not find that it stains clothing or leaves white streaks, even though the formula looks pretty white and chalky in the stick.

Dudes and chicks alike both tell me I smell great when I'm only wearing this, and most chicks I encounter cannot believe a deodorant can smell this nice and work. I think I've officially converted 4 girls in person to try this product just by randomly smelling me or when I'm picking it up in Sephora someone next to me will ask: "does that even work?"

I am now officially a convert to this stick. I buy it every few months exclusively with the money I put in my change drawer each night.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Krissy0913

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately I have to update my last review :( it's been a few weeks since buying the deodorant and have had a few super hot days. It is not that effective if sweating under the hot sun. I still will use it for when I go to work and normal activities. The search continues........
Lovely, Lovely, Lovely!!! I have tried tons of different deodorants/antiperspirants. Biotherm, Clarins, Vichy, Nivea, Dove, Clinical stuff you name it! Most of them helped with wetness but I could detect BO by the end of the day. I must say I am impressed by this deodorant! It is only day 2 but I'm hopeful this will be my HG. The scent is very soft and dissipates throughout the day. It glides on beautifully and since I did not pile it on it does not get cakey and leave white marks on my black outfits I wear to work. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't expect to be, but I'm a fan. It works. 22 bucks, but it works.
I have to walk to work uphill in the mornings (yay Seattle) and just couldn't find anything that worked. I tried so many brands, even the "prescription strength" superpowered ones, wasted so much money. Even if they toned down the sweat, by the time I got to work I smelled awful and it was so embarrassing.
And then I tried this stuff from the reviews. 22 bucks, and I thought it smelled like old lady. Blech. It even smelled like old lady on me at first. But something magical happened: it changed or I changed or science, because I got to work and everything was fine. I didn't stink. Instead of old lady, after the chemistry happens, it just smells like baby powder. Even nervous sweating isn't too much for this stuff - I still sweat, but like a normal person, and there's no horrific smell.
Planning to buy a second one for my purse, just in case.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by chantelmccray

This is my only holy grail product. Ulta has been sold out of it for a month and I've been wearing my husbands Old Spice rather than purchasing anything else until I could get this. I've just purchased it for the second time today.
I love the smell. It smells like DK Cashmere Mist, of course, but it isn't so strong anyone can smell it on you unless they're right up in your armpit. So it doesn't interfere with any other fragrance you might wear. I personally love the smell. I'll smell my armpit just to get a whiff... ;) So much better than the generic deodorant scents from the drugstore.
Also, it works! 1 swipe keeps me dry and smelling nice all day, even if I go workout, or otherwise get really sweaty.
As far as the price, I paid $22 dollars for it today. That seems expensive, but my last bar literally lasted me over a year. I bought my first bar in December 2012 and didn't run out until March 2014. So I consider that the best bargain of any product I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just...yes! I've been through the ringer, trying what feels like a million different deodorants (regular, prescription, natural, etc...) and this is the only thing that works!

It applies smooth, lasts all day long, and keeps me completely free of any odor or sweat. It also washes off easily at the end of the day.

Cashmere Mist as a perfume isn't my favorite, BUT I love how it smells as a deodorant. It absolutely is a stronger smell, but I've never had trouble with it clashing with my perfume.

The packaging is the perfect balance of chic and sturdy, and the screw top cap makes it very purse-friendly!

For a deodorant, it seems ridiculously expensive, but this lasts all day with no reapplication AND I don't go through this nearly as quick as I was going through every other deodorant I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by theresenb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

The best product I've ever used.

I have tried numerous deodorants/antiperspirants: clinical, natural, homemade, regular, etc. and NONE have ever worked. My problem is not so much the perspiration; it is the smell, which from what I understand is bacteria and what the deodorant-part is supposed to take care of. I was a little sceptical purchasing this product because of the price and because it's not a "clinical" product, but the Sephora salesperson reminded me that I could return it if I didn't like it. Considering just the eleven different deos I purchased last year, I wish all stores had such a policy... But the Kashmere Mist Deo is like nothing I've ever tried. All I can say is, give it a try--for me the price is worth feeling fresh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Kimmiebat

Best deodorant/antiperspirant ever. I've used prescription strength and this works as well and doesn't irritate skin. I do like the perfume as well, but the scent on this is mild and I can wear other perfumes with it. And believe me, many other people do to. It's that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by oingoboingoqueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like many others, $22 for a deodorant was absurd being that there are many on the market for way less. My problem was that I had to repurchase often and would not really work. I purchased the Donna Karan deodorant on a whim and fell in love with it. It works, the scent is not too strong and it lasts without the white residue.